Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Le
These are just the emotions you go through on the consumer side when you are an early adopter. A company isnt going to give a range on when you should expect your truck until it has shipped. Human nature will only hear the earliest date given and forget there was the word around. When the earliest date comes all the company gets back is bad reviews saying YOU TOLD ME IT WOULD BE HERE TODAY. When that wasnt even close to reality

Bringing a new product to market has many unforeseen challenges especially a first in class auto. Ford isnt going to make any problems of their own making by communicating something to an individual buyer

The next phase of early adopter will be postings that say. How can Ford ship me this truck with this kind of a problem! It will be a problem their testing and research couldnt uncover until it hits a mass number in the market
Let’s not forget, Fall ends December 21😊
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
All good info.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waited six weeks to put in my order, b/c I did not want to buy until early next year.

I am still anxious about the mixed signals coming from Ford. I am okay with seeing stock models at dealerships, because I want to see and drive a few different trims for peace of mind.

I will be highly disappointed if Maverick deliveries are as maligned as the Bronco. I am not afraid to wait, because the Maverick is still the only vehicle that checks all my boxes "on the market."

Still, I will take my money elsewhere if my Maverick hasn't been scheduled by March 2022.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford set expectations pretty high by heavily promoting the truck, announcing fall delivery, taking orders & reservations, etc. Now their communication is spotty, inconsistent, and confusing. It's not like Ford is a startup that hasn't had experience bringing a new product to market, right? They have generations of knowledge about tuning assembly lines, working with vendors, communicating with dealers, tuning marketing messaging, etc. The semiconductor shortage isn't a new thing, so that can't blame last-minute chaos for disrupting their plans. Kind of dumbfounding that this isn't a smoother process.

It sure would be nice if they could just say when people should expect their trucks. And if they really don't have any idea, despite decades of experience launching new vehicles, they should just say so. Leaving everyone to speculate can't be good!
I remember when Burger King promised 60 second service. Guess what they don't promise anymore? 60 second service. It's because they found out it was doable (there's humans involved).

Hopefully Ford won't find that to be the case. Like others have said, they haven't broken any promises or made any commitments other than delivery in the Fall. I have no patience. So that's why I'm hanging around here on this forum, suffering like the rest of you. Remember misery enjoys company. Haha, enjoy the rest of your Sunday .

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully Ford won't find that to be the case. Like others have said, they haven't broken any promises or made any commitments other than delivery in the Fall. I have no patience. So that's why I'm hanging around here on this forum, suffering like the rest of you. Remember misery enjoys company. Haha, enjoy the rest of your Sunday .
Good point. Customer service 101: under-promise and over-deliver.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I suppose is to be expected on a forum featuring a new Ford vehicle, there are quite a number of Ford-defenders who are more than happy to jump to Ford's aid. To them, I say this: You are correct that Ford promised delivery this fall, so everything else is just speculation up to that point. I'm glad that you don't have any problems with Ford's communication, and I wish you well.

But I'd really like Ford to explain the process clearly. Leaving a bunch of customers to speculate based on cryptic communication isn't a good way to build trust with new customers. It wouldn't be hard to craft an official statement explaining the ordering process, the meaning of various codes, etc. If they're going to print "priority codes" and the like on customer-facing communications, people are going to wonder what they mean. If Ford had an impeccable reputation for delivering on promises, perhaps none of this would be necessary. But I really feel that Ford is missing an opportunity to inform and educate their customers--and dealers. They really wouldn't have anything to lose, right?

Last edited:

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I suppose is to be expected on forum featuring a new Ford vehicle, there are quite a number of Ford-defenders who are more than happy to jump to Ford's aid. To them, I say this: You are correct that Ford promised delivery this fall, so everything else is just speculation up to that point. I'm glad that you don't have any problems with Ford's communication, and I wish you well.

But I'd really like Ford to explain the process clearly. Leaving a bunch of customers to speculate based on cryptic communication isn't a good way to build trust with new customers. It wouldn't be hard to craft an official statement explaining the ordering process, the meaning of various codes, etc. If they're going to print "priority codes" and the like on customer-facing communications, people are going to wonder what they mean. If Ford had an impeccable reputation for delivering on promises in the past, perhaps none of this would be necessary. But I really feel that Ford is missing an opportunity to inform and education their customers--and dealers. They really wouldn't have anything to lose, right?
NOT a FORD lover or supporter. But they do make a nice truck. I am a die hard MOPAR fan myself. But they aren't making the truck I want. I've recently owned a F250 and after 5 months traded it in to downsize to a F150. Then I sold my RV and had no use for a super sized truck. Traded the F150 for a Subaru Forester. Don't even have that anymore. Sold it and bought a Dodge Dakota truck and sold that. Wife drove a Toyota Avalon Hybrid and now we drive a Lexus ES300h. So hopefully that proves I'm no Ford fan. Only other vehicle I ever ordered was a Dodge Intrepid a long time ago. So I'm new at this myself.

Your relationship is with the DEALER you ordered through, not Corporate Ford. Ford pays the Dealer's to sell the trucks and be their mouthpiece. You have questions, ask your Dealer! If they can't answer your questions or they could care less, find a new Dealer, I DID! My local Dealer could care less about me and didn't really want to be involved, or that was the feeling I got from our interactions. I let my money do the walking and ordered from a different Dealer in a state 14 hours away. The Dealer is who is supposed to be answering your questions. This is my personal opinion only.

Last edited:

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NOT a FORD lover or supporter. But they do make a nice truck. I am a die hard MOPAR fan myself. But they aren't making the truck I want. I've recently owned a F250 and after 5 months traded it in to downsize to a F150. Then I sold my RV and had no use for a super sized truck. Traded the F150 for a Subaru Forester.

Your relationship is with the DEALER you ordered through, not Corporate Ford. Ford pays the Dealer's to sell the trucks and be their mouthpiece. You have questions, ask your Dealer! If they can't answer your questions or they could care less, find a new Dealer, I DID! My local Dealer could care less about me and didn't really want to be involved, or that was the feeling I got from our interactions. I let my money do the walking and ordered from a different Dealer in a state 14 hours away. The Dealer is who is supposed to be answering your questions. This is my personal opinion only.
Like I said, I'm glad that you're happy, and I wish you well.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I suppose is to be expected on a forum featuring a new Ford vehicle, there are quite a number of Ford-defenders who are more than happy to jump to Ford's aid. To them, I say this: You are correct that Ford promised delivery this fall, so everything else is just speculation up to that point. I'm glad that you don't have any problems with Ford's communication, and I wish you well.

But I'd really like Ford to explain the process clearly. Leaving a bunch of customers to speculate based on cryptic communication isn't a good way to build trust with new customers. It wouldn't be hard to craft an official statement explaining the ordering process, the meaning of various codes, etc. If they're going to print "priority codes" and the like on customer-facing communications, people are going to wonder what they mean. If Ford had an impeccable reputation for delivering on promises, perhaps none of this would be necessary. But I really feel that Ford is missing an opportunity to inform and educate their customers--and dealers. They really wouldn't have anything to lose, right?
Manufacturer codes, Ford or any other, are for corporate and dealer use. There have been plenty of discussions on this forum of what the codes mean. Some dealers are educated enough to share this information with their customers when asked. I see nothing cryptic about “available in the Fall.” Vehicles are incredibly complex and us moaning about dates isn’t going to change a thing. I sold cars for six years in a Subaru store, when ordering vehicles you could give the customer a ballpark delivery date but lots of things can effect that: rail, trucking, tsunami etc. Any manufacturer can gave problems, not just Ford, so don’t blow off others in this forum by labeling them “Ford defenders.” I found that comment insulting.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good point. Customer service 101: under-promise and over-deliver.
Rare in today's world. More and more I see inconsistency from visit to visit. Went to Dominoe's last evening. Not Good, undercooked and miserly topped. Usually they are real good. Seem to apply everywhere. We are expected to accept mediocre or worse.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rare in today's world. More and more I see inconsistency from visit to visit. Went to Dominoe's last evening. Not Good, undercooked and miserly topped. Usually they are real good. Seem to apply everywhere. We are expected to accept mediocre or worse.
Off topic, but they’re having a hard time hiring right now in the restaurant industry. Hopefully things will look up soon. At least these are first world problems. I’m thankful for that!

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Manufacturer codes, Ford or any other, are for corporate and dealer use. There have been plenty of discussions on this forum of what the codes mean. Some dealers are educated enough to share this information with their customers when asked. I see nothing cryptic about “available in the Fall.” Vehicles are incredibly complex and us moaning about dates isn’t going to change a thing. I sold cars for six years in a Subaru store, when ordering vehicles you could give the customer a ballpark delivery date but lots of things can effect that: rail, trucking, tsunami etc. Any manufacturer can gave problems, not just Ford, so don’t blow off others in this forum by labeling them “Ford defenders.” I found that comment insulting.
OK, you're right. Nothing to see here. Ford is doing a flawless job of educating customers and dealers--and has nothing to gain by clearing up the speculation and confusion that people are expressing. I wish you all well.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I totally agree that Ford like other companies are doing their best in trying to get the Maverick, along with their other trucks, into the hands of the customers as quickly as possible. Could Ford be forthcoming with information, possibly, but what more can they say that they haven't already said. They can't give certain dates right because they like other companies are waiting on other companies to produce parts they, Ford, needs to build vehicles. So as far as I can see it Ford has been pretty good about letting us consumers know when they are going to build the Maverick. Because of forums like this one along with others we are also finding out information that might not otherwise be available. I find the whole process of ordering, building then buying a new vehicle interesting and exciting. It's my first time for order a vehicle and great to get exactly what I want in a vehicle instead of going to a dealership, trying to find something I like with the features I want, not paying for features I didn't want or that the dealership added and in the color I like. Lastly, I agree that being labeled a "Ford defender" is insulting. If I didn't feel that Ford was treating me right then I would look elsewhere for a vehicle. I don't think any big production company right now isn't having some type of supply issue. I look at my Ford relationship through my local dealership. This, to me, is where the relationship with Ford as a brand will be made or broken.

Deleted member 1370

What crazy reservation fee? I paid a fully refundable $500 deposit when I ordered, but nothing to reserve.
I as well paid a 500 dollar deposit on mine. Seems to be a going rate in many places

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is the way they did it when I worked at Ford 1968-98. Early builds are basically used to train the work force and get units on the show room floors.
I like this way. They don't use clients' cars to accomplish the test work.
Sponsored