Sponsored

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Maverick OKTB (OK To Buy) date is around 9/15...Ford is supposed to start scheduling next week retails with build dates after 9/15...

The thinking behind this is build the stock units (which are mid August build dates), hold them to check for build quality, then build the retail solds...then ship the retails...

They didnt do this with Bronco bc there were no stock units & now they are having quality issues on customers orders...
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That makes sense. Better to startup the line with ‘internal’ vehicles that they can maintain and modify without involving the customer.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d rather them get the initial issues fixed before I get mine since I already have a car and motorcycle to use but if I was without a vehicle I probably would want it ASAP and deal with issues if and when they appear.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably get my '23 Bronco first, the show is just to about to start, and then freeze, and start again, and freeze. I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day ordering vehicles from Ford.

Sponsored

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Maverick OKTB (OK To Buy) date is around 9/15...Ford is supposed to start scheduling next week retails with build dates after 9/15...

The thinking behind this is build the stock units (which are mid August build dates), hold them to check for build quality, then build the retail solds...then ship the retails...

They didnt do this with Bronco bc there were no stock units & now they are having quality issues on customers orders...

Tom @Dealerinsider can you explain what cleanup scheduling means in the sheet below? I was hoping to see a 9/13 build date for next week's scheduling.

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick OKTB (OK To Buy) is approximately 9/15. Stock units will be built first. 4a0fa5a80050cc48476cfb7829f48451

Last edited by a moderator:

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like a smart plan. I'll be happier if I get my First Edition Mav in Spring '22 and the kinks have all been worked out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dealerinsider

Dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Tom @Dealerinsider can you explain what cleanup scheduling means in the sheet below? I was hoping to see a 9/13 build date for next week's scheduling.

4a0fa5a80050cc48476cfb7829f48451.png
here is an example of what happens with cleanup:

Bronco Order Bank Cleanup DUE COB TODAY

Compatibility Errors
– Amend all orders with compatibility errors to reflect buildable content. If customer is waiting for 22MY, change the order to buildable content, note “22MY Wait” in the comments section in WBDO, and request a 99 Priority Code from me using the form I sent individually.

99 Priority Code – Amend all orders with 99 Priority Code to reflect only clean orders and only customers waiting for 22MY.

3. Order Verification – Verify all orders in the bank are accurate (i.e. color, roof option, body style, etc.) especially orders that are previewing! Once Broncos schedule, we will not be able to cancel or amend them.

4. Order Purging – Cancel any order that will never be scheduled.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

4a0fa5a80050cc48476cfb7829f48451.png

Dont hold to me it, but I think I saw where that is a down week for factory cleanup and tooling.

Tjman

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Amazing how the supposed plans and interpretations of the plans change. Obviously Ford hasn’t made any concrete statements or sent any emails. Seems even dealers are guessing. Bronco process sounds like it was a circus, but with reliance on chips and suppliers in these times, it probably is a moving target. I’m sure Ford will do everything possible to get units out and sold, as they are in the business of making money. It will take as long as it takes! Seems like a great new, unique truck and no comparables. Just my attitude here, but not putting any stock in anything posted here regarding schedules and timing UNTIL those emails start flowing. All the other posts and ideas and tips and pictures are awesome and keeping the excitement level very high! Well Appreciated !

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this a good move by Ford to produce stock units first in order to check production quality is meeting or exceeding standards. As we all know too many times manufactures have rushed to get a new product to market before most, if not all the issues have been worked out. Then it was left to the customer to try and get redress on a faulty product, hence the old adage of "never buy the 1st model year of a new vehicle". From everything I've been reading across this forum (and others) along with viewing many videos on YouTube, I believe, so far, Ford has a good product in the Maverick and it will be great seller. However, test rides/drives still have to be done to get the full picture of how good (or bad) the Maverick really is. Again, I am confidant that the Maverick will be good in this area too based Ford using well known Hybrid tech from their past vehicles. I want my Maverick like most of you, yesterday, but I am fortune enough to have 2 Harleys that get me around and when necessary I still have my '04 Ranger for those days when I need to ride in a "cage".

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
here is an example of what happens with cleanup:

Bronco Order Bank Cleanup DUE COB TODAY

Compatibility Errors
– Amend all orders with compatibility errors to reflect buildable content. If customer is waiting for 22MY, change the order to buildable content, note “22MY Wait” in the comments section in WBDO, and request a 99 Priority Code from me using the form I sent individually.

99 Priority Code – Amend all orders with 99 Priority Code to reflect only clean orders and only customers waiting for 22MY.

3. Order Verification – Verify all orders in the bank are accurate (i.e. color, roof option, body style, etc.) especially orders that are previewing! Once Broncos schedule, we will not be able to cancel or amend them.

4. Order Purging – Cancel any order that will never be scheduled.
Thank you! So you are still expecting the first retail orders to be scheduled next week for a build date around 9/15?

Reactions: Sam

MAC1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 v8

Believe it when it hits the show room, need to drive it for sure!

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this a good move by Ford to produce stock units first in order to check production quality is meeting or exceeding standards. As we all know too many times manufactures have rushed to get a new product to market before most, if not all the issues have been worked out. Then it was left to the customer to try and get redress on a faulty product, hence the old adage of "never buy the 1st model year of a new vehicle". From everything I've been reading across this forum (and others) along with viewing many videos on YouTube, I believe, so far, Ford has a good product in the Maverick and it will be great seller. However, test rides/drives still have to be done to get the full picture of how good (or bad) the Maverick really is. Again, I am confidant that the Maverick will be good in this area too based Ford using well known Hybrid tech from their past vehicles. I want my Maverick like most of you, yesterday, but I am fortune enough to have 2 Harleys that get me around and when necessary I still have my '04 Ranger for those days when I need to ride in a "cage".
Agreed. Ford has a big opportunity if they get the Maverick right. Many of the people on this forum have not owned a Ford before, others, like me, will be coming back; been driving Subarus for 21 years and Ford has yanked me back with this versatile little truck.

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That is the way they did it when I worked at Ford 1968-98. Early builds are basically used to train the work force and get units on the show room floors.
Sponsored