First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why is buying from a not large dealership a handicap?
Smaller dealerships get fewer allocations. As a result, they get fewer Mavericks to fill their orders. We buy from dealers, not Ford.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Smaller dealerships get fewer orders too. Number of allocations is a useless metric without knowing how many orders they have. I ordered 2 trucks from tiny dealer that has a total of 6 allocations for the year, one is built and one is hitting the line next week. Which incidentally kind of sucks because I will not be back stateside until feb.

But I digress, dealer size means squat when trying to determine chances of getting a truck. Just ask any of the thousands of people who ordered at large dealerships who will not be getting trucks this year due to their dealer taking more orders than having allocations.
This. It was ironic watching people at small dealerships complain about Granger, Chapman, Long McArthur getting allocations in the dozens while simultaneously the people that ordered from those large dealers also began to bemoan the realization even those 'large allocations' wouldn't account for all of the orders.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like you were doing a maximum mileage test. 28 miles to empty. I wonder if low fuel is a factor in this case.
28 miles till empty had me stressed!

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a couple of thoughts...

1: Remove the picture of the truck running while it's overheating, probably not a good thing to admit to

2: Odd that you are at a rest stop with only 28 miles to go until empty

3: Notice any fluid loss? How much coolant was in the reservoir tank? Any sweet smells that you noticed (like a coolant smell)?

4: Did you run over anything?

Once you do #1, assuming you do, tag me and I'll edit this response
People are so weird. He had an overheat and a breakdown. The dealer is not going to care that it idled long enough to take a picture and neither will Ford.

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This. It was ironic watching people at small dealerships complain about Granger, Chapman, Long McArthur getting allocations in the dozens while simultaneously the people that ordered from those large dealers also began to bemoan the realization even those 'large allocations' wouldn't account for all of the orders.
True, I regret ordering from a large dealer, it’s been over a year since my order, EB still no truck, I believe the dealer just had way too many orders, I bet less then half the orders at these large dealers will ever get built.

Sponsored

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People are so weird. He had an overheat and a breakdown. The dealer is not going to care that it idled long enough to take a picture and neither will Ford.

For the cost of an engine, I'd rather err on the side of caution...

OP
OP
Norpinist

Norpinist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys - thanks for all of your interest and concern. The problem was a ”CHT” or cylinder head temperature sensor. It was cracked and when the tech “wiggled” it, the sensor began to function again. It was replaced and apparently a breakdown that they have yet to see at that dealership. At no time did the truck overheat, according to the people at Bidleman Ford in Central NY.

That part of it is resolved, and the new Maverick is finally home. The other part - Ford making it right for time, expense and trouble - is still pending. I will update you once I get resolution.

Thanks again and I‘ll circle back as soon as I speak with someone who can forward my claim with Ford Customer Care.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When take off on a long drive you take a risk. Your truck has a warranty and ford will fix it according to the warranty. So far your only harm is a tow charge and a hotel. in the military there is a exercise called motor stables every day. Did you check the oil, water level, tire pressure etc before you on the drive. Did you check the fluids when you stopped for gas. when a car over heats you can smell the anti freeze in the air. You received a warning and you did the smart thing by stopping and preventing damage. This truck has a thermostat shudders and sensors to keep the truck safe. It found a loose wire on the heat sensor. Give Ford a chance to look at it before you get too upset. My wife picked up a new car in the winter and did not make it home from the dealer about 6 miles. The problem was the alternator was not hooked up. her reaction was the same as yours. Had the car towed to the dealer and called them in the morning. We had the car back at the house in a hour. Be patient
Sponsored