First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda/Nissan/Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very good looking truck! Like to hear your opinions comparing your Maverick to your Frontier.
Well, the 2000 Frontier was a 16k truck, going on 23 years old, with low mileage. It has a longer bed,
and really the one that I would use for needing to haul anything. These trucks have been proven overtime as you can see high mileage on them during resale. Mine basically sits in front of my home for weeks on end, until I need it. As for the Maverick, I can hope it will have lasting longevity like the Frontier. The Frontier body only has a couple dings, one my fault, paint has held up, and mechanically reliable 4 cylinder and manual transmission. The Maverick is by far the better looking truck between the two.
Sponsored

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, the 2000 Frontier was a 16k truck, going on 23 years old, with low mileage. It has a longer bed,
and really the one that I would use for needing to haul anything. These trucks have been proven overtime as you can see high mileage on them during resale. Mine basically sits in front of my home for weeks on end, until I need it. As for the Maverick, I can hope it will have lasting longevity like the Frontier. The Frontier body only has a couple dings, one my fault, paint has held up, and mechanically reliable 4 cylinder and manual transmission. The Maverick is by far the better looking truck between the two.
Thanks for that info. Similar in size it looks like.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered October 2021, Pickup Feb 2022, March 2023 mileage, 14500.

Specification:
2022 XLT AWD, 2.0L Eco Boost Engine, Hot Pepper Red

Ordered Options:
Equipment Group 300A $3305
235/65 R17 A/T Tires
FX4 Off-Road Package $800
4K Tow Package $745
XLT Luxury Package $2345
Spray In Bedliner (Lux Pkg)
Co-Pilot 360 $540
Floor Mats $175
Spare Tire $115
Rear Sliding Window $155
17” Wheels $795
Window Sticker: $33140

My added Accessories:
Tailgate Assist
2.0L Engine Cover
Splash Guard Front/Rear
Black Textured Aeroskin II Hood Protector
BAKFlip MX4 Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover
BedRug Bedtred Impact Bed Mat
UVS100 Custom Window Sunscreen
Black Platinum Tailgate Lettering
Satin Black Rear Cab Spoiler
Satin Black Tailgate Spoiler
Front LED replacement Lights
Dashcam Front/Rear - (Not Installed Yet)
Custom Bed Divider
American Flag Stainless Steel Emblem Trailer Hitch Cover

First Year Experience:
My experience, FORD hit a home run with the Ford Maverick.

I was excited to place the order, pleased with my dealer and even Ford keeping me in the loop as to build dates, shipping, and final delivery. I had an area in the garage with all the accessories just awaiting delivery, to make this truck, my own to my likes. Everyone must be very pleased with the vast market options for the new truck. There might be a couple more accessories I might add, small priced stuff, but I’ve already achieved the best looking Maverick to my likes, and hope my words or photos will help you in your decision making.

I’ve read many of the unfortunate experiences some have had, happens with all new vehicles. Hard to know why one has issues, while others do not. As for my truck, there are only a few issues that bug me. 1. When ever I do my weekly exterior wash. I really don’t think that the exterior paint is the greatest. Some will say you have a 20k truck, maybe so, but I hate seeing nicks in the paint so easily. Exterior Paint doesn’t seem to have a durable coat, guess time will tell. 2. Another issue was a loud thump that would happen under the driver side floor board, one that you could hear and feel. This happened about 3 times during the first few months, then no longer. 3. I had an experience where I was unable to unlock with the remote, and had to use the key to gain access. But that was only once, who knows why.

Mechanically, the vehicle has been excellent. I have from the moment this vehicle left the dealership, used premium fuel. MPG has only exceeded 25 mpg by a little when on a trip to higher elevations, otherwise it’s in the 24 mpg range where I live. Driving only highway, nothing off-road.

Interior:

I like it. I have the cloth Navy Pier - Med Slate Trim, and it just works. I like the look, doesn’t really look cheap at all, and so far seems to be holding up quite well. I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier with 82k miles, and the inside still looks excellent. With care, my Ford Maverick will look just as good with the materials used. The addition of the Lux Package to my interior adds a little to it, and the stereo head unit gets the job done, just nothing to write home about. Connectivity to your cell phone takes care of many shortcomings. The Co-Pilot 360 safety features works well and worth adding. The activation to this feature (360) on the end of the signal switch is well placed, easy on/off feature.

Exterior:

It just work, the design works for this little truck, and with your own additions, there are almost unlimited options to make this truck to your liking.

Driving:
No complaints here.

It’s fun to drive, the 2.0L power is there at all times. The brakes will stop you. The ride is comfortable.
You do hear external noise, but not bad. You feel the bumps or unevenness in a road, but not bad.

Closing:
I’m very pleased with this purchase.
I enjoy the weekly bath and attention while maintaining this truck. My truck looks good, and I know it looks good. :O)

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Congrats on a real beauty. LOL

Cgottlob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice review, any other of you EcoBoosters experiencing the same 24-25 MPG? I'm considering switching over to the EcoBoost but unsure because of the difference in the gas mileage.

Sp4mm4ge

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure how his mileage is that low. I have the Ecoboost as well as the tow package. Currently I have 22k miles and an average mpg of 28.6 with a mix of city and highway driving.

Sponsored

BShaff

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review and truck! I have the same truck minus a couple features (lux/CP360). One of the first things I want to do is put a blackout version of the FX4 logo.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice review, any other of you EcoBoosters experiencing the same 24-25 MPG? I'm considering switching over to the EcoBoost but unsure because of the difference in the gas mileage.
I have a FWD, but I’ve been getting 27-29 mpg in my EB.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered October 2021, Pickup Feb 2022, March 2023 mileage, 14500.

Specification:
2022 XLT AWD, 2.0L Eco Boost Engine, Hot Pepper Red

Ordered Options:
Equipment Group 300A $3305
235/65 R17 A/T Tires
FX4 Off-Road Package $800
4K Tow Package $745
XLT Luxury Package $2345
Spray In Bedliner (Lux Pkg)
Co-Pilot 360 $540
Floor Mats $175
Spare Tire $115
Rear Sliding Window $155
17” Wheels $795
Window Sticker: $33140

My added Accessories:
Tailgate Assist
2.0L Engine Cover
Splash Guard Front/Rear
Black Textured Aeroskin II Hood Protector
BAKFlip MX4 Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover
BedRug Bedtred Impact Bed Mat
UVS100 Custom Window Sunscreen
Black Platinum Tailgate Lettering
Satin Black Rear Cab Spoiler
Satin Black Tailgate Spoiler
Front LED replacement Lights
Dashcam Front/Rear - (Not Installed Yet)
Custom Bed Divider
American Flag Stainless Steel Emblem Trailer Hitch Cover

First Year Experience:
My experience, FORD hit a home run with the Ford Maverick.

I was excited to place the order, pleased with my dealer and even Ford keeping me in the loop as to build dates, shipping, and final delivery. I had an area in the garage with all the accessories just awaiting delivery, to make this truck, my own to my likes. Everyone must be very pleased with the vast market options for the new truck. There might be a couple more accessories I might add, small priced stuff, but I’ve already achieved the best looking Maverick to my likes, and hope my words or photos will help you in your decision making.

I’ve read many of the unfortunate experiences some have had, happens with all new vehicles. Hard to know why one has issues, while others do not. As for my truck, there are only a few issues that bug me. 1. When ever I do my weekly exterior wash. I really don’t think that the exterior paint is the greatest. Some will say you have a 20k truck, maybe so, but I hate seeing nicks in the paint so easily. Exterior Paint doesn’t seem to have a durable coat, guess time will tell. 2. Another issue was a loud thump that would happen under the driver side floor board, one that you could hear and feel. This happened about 3 times during the first few months, then no longer. 3. I had an experience where I was unable to unlock with the remote, and had to use the key to gain access. But that was only once, who knows why.

Mechanically, the vehicle has been excellent. I have from the moment this vehicle left the dealership, used premium fuel. MPG has only exceeded 25 mpg by a little when on a trip to higher elevations, otherwise it’s in the 24 mpg range where I live. Driving only highway, nothing off-road.

Interior:

I like it. I have the cloth Navy Pier - Med Slate Trim, and it just works. I like the look, doesn’t really look cheap at all, and so far seems to be holding up quite well. I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier with 82k miles, and the inside still looks excellent. With care, my Ford Maverick will look just as good with the materials used. The addition of the Lux Package to my interior adds a little to it, and the stereo head unit gets the job done, just nothing to write home about. Connectivity to your cell phone takes care of many shortcomings. The Co-Pilot 360 safety features works well and worth adding. The activation to this feature (360) on the end of the signal switch is well placed, easy on/off feature.

Exterior:

It just work, the design works for this little truck, and with your own additions, there are almost unlimited options to make this truck to your liking.

Driving:
No complaints here.

It’s fun to drive, the 2.0L power is there at all times. The brakes will stop you. The ride is comfortable.
You do hear external noise, but not bad. You feel the bumps or unevenness in a road, but not bad.

Closing:
I’m very pleased with this purchase.
I enjoy the weekly bath and attention while maintaining this truck. My truck looks good, and I know it looks good. :O)

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Great looking truck.i have one very similar being built next week. Just an FYI,using premium gas is a waste of money. Ford does not require it.

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great looking truck.i have one very similar being built next week. Just an FYI,using premium gas is a waste of money. Ford does not require it.
Ford DOES require it if driven in hot climates, states it in the owners manual. Its not a waste at all since Ford uses OAR to adjust fuel trims and timing based on what octane it sees.

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford manual states premium recommended: For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. Directly copied from owners manual.

Ford turbo engines hp/torque ratings are with premium fuel. As noted you *can* use lower grades of octane fuel. The ECM will adjust timing (with reduced power) accordingly. You will likely experience better fuel economy with premium as well. Of course, there is a cut point of when the improved mileage will off-set the increased cost of the premium fuel. For me, even if it is negative, I prefer to get the best performance.
Sponsored