First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda/Nissan/Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered October 2021, Pickup Feb 2022, March 2023 mileage, 14500.

Specification:
2022 XLT AWD, 2.0L Eco Boost Engine, Hot Pepper Red

Ordered Options:
Equipment Group 300A $3305
235/65 R17 A/T Tires
FX4 Off-Road Package $800
4K Tow Package $745
XLT Luxury Package $2345
Spray In Bedliner (Lux Pkg)
Co-Pilot 360 $540
Floor Mats $175
Spare Tire $115
Rear Sliding Window $155
17” Wheels $795
Window Sticker: $33140

My added Accessories:
Tailgate Assist
2.0L Engine Cover
Splash Guard Front/Rear
Black Textured Aeroskin II Hood Protector
BAKFlip MX4 Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover
BedRug Bedtred Impact Bed Mat
UVS100 Custom Window Sunscreen
Black Platinum Tailgate Lettering
Satin Black Rear Cab Spoiler
Satin Black Tailgate Spoiler
Front LED replacement Lights
Dashcam Front/Rear - (Not Installed Yet)
Custom Bed Divider
American Flag Stainless Steel Emblem Trailer Hitch Cover

First Year Experience:
My experience, FORD hit a home run with the Ford Maverick.

I was excited to place the order, pleased with my dealer and even Ford keeping me in the loop as to build dates, shipping, and final delivery. I had an area in the garage with all the accessories just awaiting delivery, to make this truck, my own to my likes. Everyone must be very pleased with the vast market options for the new truck. There might be a couple more accessories I might add, small priced stuff, but I’ve already achieved the best looking Maverick to my likes, and hope my words or photos will help you in your decision making.

I’ve read many of the unfortunate experiences some have had, happens with all new vehicles. Hard to know why one has issues, while others do not. As for my truck, there are only a few issues that bug me. 1. When ever I do my weekly exterior wash. I really don’t think that the exterior paint is the greatest. Some will say you have a 20k truck, maybe so, but I hate seeing nicks in the paint so easily. Exterior Paint doesn’t seem to have a durable coat, guess time will tell. 2. Another issue was a loud thump that would happen under the driver side floor board, one that you could hear and feel. This happened about 3 times during the first few months, then no longer. 3. I had an experience where I was unable to unlock with the remote, and had to use the key to gain access. But that was only once, who knows why.

Mechanically, the vehicle has been excellent. I have from the moment this vehicle left the dealership, used premium fuel. MPG has only exceeded 25 mpg by a little when on a trip to higher elevations, otherwise it’s in the 24 mpg range where I live. Driving only highway, nothing off-road.

Interior:

I like it. I have the cloth Navy Pier - Med Slate Trim, and it just works. I like the look, doesn’t really look cheap at all, and so far seems to be holding up quite well. I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier with 82k miles, and the inside still looks excellent. With care, my Ford Maverick will look just as good with the materials used. The addition of the Lux Package to my interior adds a little to it, and the stereo head unit gets the job done, just nothing to write home about. Connectivity to your cell phone takes care of many shortcomings. The Co-Pilot 360 safety features works well and worth adding. The activation to this feature (360) on the end of the signal switch is well placed, easy on/off feature.

Exterior:

It just work, the design works for this little truck, and with your own additions, there are almost unlimited options to make this truck to your liking.

Driving:
No complaints here.

It’s fun to drive, the 2.0L power is there at all times. The brakes will stop you. The ride is comfortable.
You do hear external noise, but not bad. You feel the bumps or unevenness in a road, but not bad.

Closing:
I’m very pleased with this purchase.
I enjoy the weekly bath and attention while maintaining this truck. My truck looks good, and I know it looks good. :O)

Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick - 1 year review @ 14500 miles 1
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick - 1 year review @ 14500 miles 3
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick - 1 year review @ 14500 miles 4
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick - 1 year review @ 14500 miles 6
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick - 1 year review @ 14500 miles 9
Ford Maverick 2022 Maverick - 1 year review @ 14500 miles 10
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How was installation of the tailgate spoiler? Just 3m? Your build looks great!

OP
OP

akw135

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda/Nissan/Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Tailgate is 3m.
Just follow paperwork guidance. Just ensure surface area where application of hardware
has been cleaned completely. Dry run placement to tape to ensure equal distances on each side.

The Cab is a little more work as it has additional polyurethane adhesive application steps.
Just follow paperwork guidance.
Dry run placement to tape to ensure equal distances on each side.

Last edited:

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
GREAT review and beautiful truck. This is the kind of things that most members of the forum want to hear about. There are always people who are negative, but that is the world in which we live. Nothing made by human hands (well, in this case by robots LOL) is perfect, but for the price of the Maverick, it cannot be beat. Mods look great. Looking forward to yearend two review.

RJames

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK XLT, CHEVY S-10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Specification:

Ordered Options:
235/65 R17 A/T Tires
4K Tow Package $745
XLT Luxury Package $2345
Co-Pilot 360 $540
Floor Mats $175
Spare Tire $115
Rear Sliding Window $155
17” Wheels $795

My added Accessories:
Tailgate Assist
2.0L Engine Cover
Splash Guard Front/Rear
Custom Bed Divider

First Year Experience:

I was excited to place the order, pleased with my dealer and even Ford keeping me in the loop as to build dates, shipping, and final delivery. I had an area in the garage with all the accessories just awaiting delivery, to make this truck, my own to my likes. Everyone must be very pleased with the vast market options for the new truck. There might be a couple more accessories I might add, small priced stuff, but I’ve already achieved the best looking Maverick to my likes, and hope my words or photos will help you in your decision making.

I’ve read many of the unfortunate experiences some have had, happens with all new vehicles. Hard to know why one has issues, while others do not. As for my truck, there are only a few issues that bug me. 1. When ever I do my weekly exterior wash. I really don’t think that the exterior paint is the greatest. Some will say you have a 20k truck, maybe so, but I hate seeing nicks in the paint so easily. Exterior Paint doesn’t seem to have a durable coat, guess time will tell. 2. Another issue was a loud thump that would happen under the driver side floor board, one that you could hear and feel. This happened about 3 times during the first few months, then no longer. 3. I had an experience where I was unable to unlock with the remote, and had to use the key to gain access. But that was only once, who knows why.

Mechanically, the vehicle has been excellent. I have from the moment this vehicle left the dealership, used premium fuel. MPG has only exceeded 25 mpg by a little when on a trip to higher elevations, otherwise it’s in the 24 mpg range where I live. Driving only highway, nothing off-road.

Interior:

I like it. I have the cloth Navy Pier - Med Slate Trim, and it just works. I like the look, doesn’t really look cheap at all, and so far seems to be holding up quite well. I have a 2000 Nissan Frontier with 82k miles, and the inside still looks excellent. With care, my Ford Maverick will look just as good with the materials used. The addition of the Lux Package to my interior adds a little to it, and the stereo head unit gets the job done, just nothing to write home about. Connectivity to your cell phone takes care of many shortcomings. The Co-Pilot 360 safety features works well and worth adding. The activation to this feature (360) on the end of the signal switch is well placed, easy on/off feature.

Exterior:

It just work, the design works for this little truck, and with your own additions, there are almost unlimited options to make this truck to your liking.

Driving:
No complaints here.

It’s fun to drive, the 2.0L power is there at all times. The brakes will stop you. The ride is comfortable.
You do hear external noise, but not bad. You feel the bumps or unevenness in a road, but not bad.

Closing:
I enjoy the weekly bath and attention while maintaining this truck. My truck looks good, and I know it looks good. :O)

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Beautiful truck! Congrats.

Sponsored

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice and clean looking mods. Congratulations!

BananasRUS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Specification:

Ordered Options:
235/65 R17 A/T Tires
4K Tow Package $745
XLT Luxury Package $2345
Co-Pilot 360 $540
Floor Mats $175
Spare Tire $115
Rear Sliding Window $155
17” Wheels $795

My added Accessories:
Tailgate Assist
2.0L Engine Cover
Splash Guard Front/Rear
Custom Bed Divider

First Year Experience:

Interior:

Exterior:

Driving:
No complaints here.

Closing:

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Thanks for the write up and great looking truck!

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Cab/Tailgate are both 3m.
The haven't blown off yet, so holding steady.
Just follow paperwork guidance. Just ensure surface area where application of hardware
has been cleaned completely.
Did the tailgate spoiler call for polyurethane adhesive like the cab spoiler?

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Specification:

Ordered Options:
235/65 R17 A/T Tires
4K Tow Package $745
XLT Luxury Package $2345
Co-Pilot 360 $540
Floor Mats $175
Spare Tire $115
Rear Sliding Window $155
17” Wheels $795

My added Accessories:
Tailgate Assist
2.0L Engine Cover
Splash Guard Front/Rear
Custom Bed Divider

First Year Experience:

Interior:

Exterior:

Driving:
No complaints here.

Closing:

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Very good looking truck! Like to hear your opinions comparing your Maverick to your Frontier.

Sponsored

hurrah

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2012 Ford F250 6.7 2015 Ford XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who do you know at Ford--Order in Oct pickup in Feb??? I ordered in Jan reordered in Sept upgraded from FX4 to Tremor and picked up end of Dec! About a week under one year and I felt lucky!
You have a beautiful truck. Only have 1,000 miles on mine with no issues and it far exceeds my expectations. Now if someone would just get on the ball and make a grill guard for those of us who live in Deer Hell!!!

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP thanks for the review. I value these one year reviews, where the owner has some real miles and time on the road. I have almost the same build as yours, same color. Similar experience after six months and 6,000+ miles. I wouldn't call it the perfect small truck, or honestly even a small truck, but I think it's a fair buy for the money (I paid $30.5K for my well optioned XLT AWD CP360 LUX). It serves me well on a daily basis with zero problems to date other than the common windshield rattle.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
GREAT review and beautiful truck. This is the kind of things that most members of the forum want to hear about. There are always people who are negative, but that is the world in which we live. Nothing made by human hands (well, in this case by robots LOL) is perfect, but for the price of the Maverick, it cannot be beat. Mods look great. Looking forward to yearend two review.
I disagree with the way you cast such a wide net about "negative people". Lots of very positive people here who have had very negative experiences caused by Maverick and Ford letting them down in a big way. Five recalls. Hybrids quitting in the middle of interstates. Trucks in the shop for months waiting on parts or even for Ford to figure out how to fix them. Those aren't negative people. Those are probably nice, positive, good people reporting negative experiences.

I've had a positive experience with my Maverick over the last six months. But I want to hear from the people who haven't had my experience so I can learn from them. I don't need to be fed a sickly-sweet fanboy diet of positive-only information.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Color looks awesome. Nice review.

OP
OP

akw135

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda/Nissan/Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did the tailgate spoiler call for polyurethane adhesive like the cab spoiler?
I appreciate you bringing that to my attention, I had forgotten and updated my previous response.
The cab only called for the polyurethane adhesive along with the attached 3m tape. Thanks
Sponsored