2.5L Hybrid

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
This article upsets the argument I’ve heard on the forum stating, “I drive all highway, so I wouldn’t benefit from the hybrid, seeing how the 2.0 gets 30mpg hwy versus 33mpg hwy of hybrid.”

Seeing how they got over 39mpg with 80% highway driving shows the hybrid is a good deal more efficient even if you are a highway warrior.
The 2.0 gets well over 30 straight hwy driving .

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Really gonna upset the EB crowd who rushed out to buy the first Maverick on the lot with this info. A few people here seem to justify their purchase like this instead of the multiple other advantages the EB has over the hybrid.

IMO it was always a poor argument - you’re already paying more for the EcoBoost AND you’re getting less MPG even if it’s “only” 3 less on the highway. You’re starting off in the hole and literally cannot close the gap.

Just doesn’t make sense.

Regardless, this is great news for the hybrid!
The 2.0 gets well over 30 straight Hwy driving . The trainer Lariat I saw reported 38 HWY. Those who have had all 4WD trucks might not consider a front drive truck . I'll be curious how they handle overall once a lot of them are on the road as front drive trucks. So not a poor argument for many especially if your on the east coast.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 2.0 gets well over 30 straight hwy driving .
Good deal.

Apparently the hybrid gets well over the posted 33 mpg hwy number as well.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
Good deal.

Apparently the hybrid gets well over the posted 33 mpg hwy number as well.
Maybe but most on the east coast want all 4 wheels. The bulk of the Hybrids were sold in California , Texas and Arizona. May get one of the Hybrids if AWD comes out.

Sponsored

mekva06

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
I was looking at the wheel and tire setup being 49 pounds. I looked up the continentals and they are 22.7 LBS, so the stock wheels are 26.3.

I plan on upgrading the wheels to a lighter wheel setup. The wheels i am looking at are 17X8, so i should be able to keep the same tire size and have no speedometer offset and the wheels are about 10 lbs lighter than the stock ones.

I am hoping for slightly better econmy, handling, and looks.

Any thoughts?
What brand of wheel are you getting, I am all so looking for lighter wheels.

2liggett

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
What brand of wheel are you getting, I am all so looking for lighter wheels.
I have been just browsing around right now because i probably wont receive the truck till later next year.

It is hard to find a nice lighweight wheel in a 17 of 18 in 5X108 bolt pattern that is not ridiculously expensive or made to cheap as i dont want it to break.

So far i have found some 17X8 Konig hypergram which is 16.55 LBS.

I will probably wait till the current tires wear out then replace wheels&tires.
Sponsored