Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to believe or not, it happened and that is why I included the photo. The trip through the National Parks has a variety of terrains, steep hills going up and steep hills going down from the Tetons. You use more gas going up a steep incline and use less or none going down. I use a lot of back roads on my trips because I want to explore the parks fully. Some roads have a max of 55-60 mph, others have lower speed limits.

Regardless, this is the mileage I got on this particular trip. It is possible, because I did it.
No offense and I mean this in the best way: This post is completely useless. I can go drive a couple miles on electric only and send you a photo that says 999.99 mpg.
Sponsored

Daverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exactly. After refueling, it thinks it can go another 694 miles. Doesn't show that it actually did go 698.5 mi on one tank.

(And technically a Trip indicating 698.5 mi does not mean that it was since refueling; we'd still have to take their word for it.)
Agreed on your first point.
And to your second point- true it requires some trust but you can calculate the trip miles with the trip MPG and with the known tank size to more or less validate it.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No.

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think many of you are being too pessimistic. I got over 600 miles on my last tank and still had more to go. I am intrigued about accomplishing that kind of range with higher speeds than what you would typically see within a city though.

One thing I think we can all agree on: we need more data. The more data we collect, the better we will understand what the optimal velocity, time-frames, and even truck orientations are.

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think many of you are being too pessimistic. I got over 600 miles on my last tank and still had more to go. I am intrigued about accomplishing that kind of range with higher speeds than what you would typically see within a city though.

One thing I think we can all agree on: we need more data. The more data we collect, the better we will understand what the optimal velocity, time-frames, and even truck orientations are.
Your individual mpg means almost nothing to anyone else. It's your individual mpg compared to yourself that means the most. Hybrids have significantly different performance based on a wide range of environmental factors. If you want to compare yourself with someone else, probably best to find a hybrid owner in the same zip code with similar driving habits. Otherwise it's apples and oranges.

Sponsored

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Taking a photo of a 650+ mile expected range is a gimmick. There is no way you can keep up 50mpg efficiency for a full tank unless you are just cruising a desolate road with no grade for 650 miles and keeping the speed below 50mph.

My VW Touareg TDI (26 gallon tank) always can show anywhere between 675 and 750 miles remaining after I fill up in the middle of a highway trip. I never get much more than 600 though. By the time you have a couple bathroom breaks or stop for a meal, that efficiency takes a dive from the stops and starts. That is less of an issue with a hybrid, but again, the hybrid looses efficiency once you get to highway speeds.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this on a trip the other day.
Ford Maverick 2022 Hybrid Maverick on cross country trip. Got 698.5 miles on a full tank of gas IMG_2367

So if the batteries in my slide rule are good, it says that with 14 gallons in the tank I can go 1142 miles on a tank. Detroit to Daytona Beach without having to stop. Freakin awesome!! :LOL:

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your individual mpg means almost nothing to anyone else. It's your individual mpg compared to yourself that means the most. Hybrids have significantly different performance based on a wide range of environmental factors. If you want to compare yourself with someone else, probably best to find a hybrid owner in the same zip code with similar driving habits. Otherwise it's apples and oranges.
If you want to split hairs, sure. Otherwise, a good comparative analysis only requires the factors that aren't negligible. For example: Aerodynamics only matter if you are driving fast enough that wind resistance plays a significant role in mpg. If you continually drive in low wind situations or at speeds that don't require a high velocity, your mpg should be "good" regardless. Altitude does play a factor in engine efficiency but it is not a significant factor unless there is a significant difference between the two vehicles being compared. It might not even matter that much for a hybrid.

We can argue details all day. My point is: chill out. Don't take life so seriously. Let's see what the data shows as time moves on and then claim someone is wrong.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We routinely get between 50-60 mpg on local driving into the nearest city; 45 MPH roads and of course small city driving. On the highway at 70-75 MPH average we get usually about 43+ mpg, even with two adults, luggage, and our TN mountains. Great truck which we got in March of 2022, and currently closing in on 7K total miles. Continued good luck with yours as well.

JT Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want to split hairs, sure. Otherwise, a good comparative analysis only requires the factors that aren't negligible. For example: Aerodynamics only matter if you are driving fast enough that wind resistance plays a significant role in mpg. If you continually drive in low wind situations or at speeds that don't require a high velocity, your mpg should be "good" regardless. Altitude does play a factor in engine efficiency but it is not a significant factor unless there is a significant difference between the two vehicles being compared. It might not even matter that much for a hybrid.

We can argue details all day. My point is: chill out. Don't take life so seriously. Let's see what the data shows as time moves on and then claim someone is wrong.
I agree. Despite the negative comment, I DO find it interesting to see what results others are achieving for their hybrids (fuel economy is a major aspect for the hybrid, right?). And I totally understand that individual results are governed by the individual scenario (duh). BTW, Just filled up my hybrid for the first time. Results: 635 miles on 13.013 gallons = 48.8 MPG

Sponsored

Gschaef

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have no idea how can you get +/- 700 mile per tank, with less than 14 gallons in your tank and 38 mpg. Sounds interesting, and may be there is an explanation.

I have a 2022 FE Hybrid. Getting max 43 mpg, and total milage per tank of max 540 miles !! I am constantly hyper mile ling, with auto speed control, never more than 10% over speed limit, driving really conservative, and that its. 80% highway driving (50 to 70 milesper hour). (Central Florida 64 to 80 degrees temp). Total mileage so far: 4500 miles.

I would love to get into de 600 miles Club. !!
My 2022 Hybrid is also exceeding mileage expectations. I have gone as high as 54 mpg in town but obviously for just a short time. I routinely get 41 mpg on highways and in town. My last two fill ups gave me 565 miles per tank.

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi all!

I have owned my 22 Hybrid since July of 22. I was lucky and found one on the lot when my 2013 Mazda 5 decided to stop working.

I have been impressed with the gas mileage overall, but have to say the cross country trip I took in September showed me the possibilities of how well the Maverick can perform with the right driving conditions.

Driving from the Badlands to Yellowstone resulted in a range of 698.5 miles on a full tank. I had my girlfriend snap the picture while I was driving at 59 mph. At the time my truck, Yosemite Sam, only had 5615 miles on it. Later in the trip, driving around the Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming. I actually maxed the range out at 725 miles, but can't find the photo showing the mileage, speed, and range.

I absolutely love my Maverick and find it meets all my expectations. I am currently moving from Baltimore to WV and am getting an average of 558 miles for range, which allows me to go on a round trip, fully loaded, on a single tank of gas.

I think I get those ranges because I use my cruise control (60-70 mph) and keep the truck maintenance up to speed. I hope it continues to give me this kind of performance in the years to come.

What kind of range are you getting? What is the most mileage on a single tank of gas you have seen?

CJ

PXL_20220907_154847033.jpg
Not sure what's going on, but your MPG in the pic is not reflecting what you are claiming. My Hybrid can average around 50-52mpg on a tank if I am really careful. At any rate, best of luck to you on future calculations. One thing is for sure...the Maverick Hybrid is hard to beat!

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got this on a trip the other day.
IMG_2367.jpeg

So if the batteries in my slide rule are good, it says that with 14 gallons in the tank I can go 1142 miles on a tank. Detroit to Daytona Beach without having to stop. Freakin awesome!! :LOL:
LOL! Sir, you drove a 4 1/2 mile trip, 3.1 miles was electric, and you averaged about 20mph. If you want to go 20mph for 1,142 miles, be my guest. I'm sure if you're on a level highway you may well go the distance you claim. Just remember...it will take you just over 57 hours to make that trip!

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL! Sir, you drove a 4 1/2 mile trip, 3.1 miles was electric, and you averaged about 20mph. If you want to go 20mph for 1,142 miles, be my guest. I'm sure if you're on a level highway you may well go the distance you claim. Just remember...it will take you just over 57 hours to make that trip!
I’m quite aware. It was a joke. The give away was this >:LOL:< guy.