Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

2022 Ford Maverick Production Setbacks Delay Orders Once Again

By Brett Foote

July 15, 2022 8:22 am

Ford Maverick 2022 FORD MAVERICK PRODUCTION SETBACKS DELAY ORDERS ONCE AGAIN ont-three-quarters-towing-jet-ski-trailer-1024x436

Sponsored

The 2022 Ford Maverick has been one of the hotter new vehicles on the market since its launch last year, though various supply chain issues have turned the compact pickup’s launch into a nightmare for many interested customers. With dealer inventory virtually non-existent and hefty markups on much of that stock, those waiting for their Maverick to be built have expressed quite a bit of frustration not only with the length of time it’s taking for that to happen, but also a general lack of communication during the entire process. Now, it seems as if a number of 2022 Ford Maverick order holders whose pickups were already scheduled for production are facing new delays, according to multiple members of the Maverick Truck Club forums.

Ford Maverick 2022 FORD MAVERICK PRODUCTION SETBACKS DELAY ORDERS ONCE AGAIN -Maverick-Brazil-Exterior-001-Front-Three-Quarters

These folks already had build dates for their Mavericks, but recently received an email informing them that production has since been delayed due to supply constraints, even after those vehicles were supposedly in production. “We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us,” the email reads. “Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Maverick order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of July 4th, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.”

“This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.”

Ford Maverick 2022 FORD MAVERICK PRODUCTION SETBACKS DELAY ORDERS ONCE AGAIN d-Maverick-Brazil-Exterior-003-Rear-Three-Quarters

This is just the latest delay in a series of them for 2022 Ford Maverick order holders after demand for the affordable and economical pickup exceeded FoMoCo’s expectations by a long shot. The Maverick currently offers a number of supply-constrained features, prompting Ford to drop some of them in an effort to keep production going. Regardless, many 2022 Maverick orders will be pushed to the 2023 model year, as Ford Authority reported last month, with order banks for the 2023 Maverick currently scheduled to open up in early August.
Sponsored

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I haven't received this email yet but perhaps will. My scheduled build date of week of 7/25 has already been rescheduled 3x.
For sure I'll know what 2023 models offer before I get my 2022. Maybe I'll be pushed to 2023. If I am I'll consider it a good thing. And if the 2023 model year by some chance offer something(s) I would really like, I'll order one. The dealer would be happy to keep the 2022, or I could just drive the 2022 until the 2023 is built (which will be 2024 and maybe 2025 LOL). If the market stays similar I'll easily sell the 2022 for what I paid.

Fortunately I'm not in a lease that is expiring or really needing a different vehicle. This is a want, not a need for me.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can a 2022 vehicle scheduled for production with assigned VIN ever become a 2023? I think the VIN has a few digits representing the model year.
I guess they can reissue a new VIN?
When is the last 2022 MY production day again?

Cletus L

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a build week of 7/4 and got the email. Ford customer service can’t give me any info other than “it’s in production“ the dealer is waiting on a reply for ford sales rep. I’ve checked the Forescan mods and they are not activ, so the truck is not built.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for this George. CEO Jim Farley and his c-level execs continue to trip all over themselves and be too secretive. They have all of our emails so they can easily tell us the truth. But maybe they are worried the truth will tank their stock price.

In a Ford email from Oct 21 that gave hybrid order holders the free FITS items: "Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated." Did not happen.

Now Ford repeats that lip service in this latest email "We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days.

Flood Farley's email ask why his company has been breaking his promise to keep us updated for the last 9 months. Yes it may do no good but he should be accountable for the promises made by him and his staff. If he cared about the customer he will listen.

[email protected]

It seems pointless Ford will accept tens of thousands more orders in a couple of weeks when they can't even tell us the status of tens of thousands of orders placed months ago.
Sponsored

Last edited: