Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We just caught the Ford Maverick pickup running with little disguise during a quick public road drive. This is our first all-encompassing look at Ford’s sub-Ranger pickup, revealing all of the truck’s major design elements! Headlights, tail-lights, and grille are all completely undisguised, while the rest is covered in a highly-revealing graphic camo.

2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 1.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 2.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 3.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 4.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 5.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 6.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 7.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 8.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 9.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 10.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 11.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 12.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 13.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 14.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 15.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 16.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 18.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 17.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 19.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 20.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 21.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 22.jpg
Maybe soon we'll see some better photos of the truck's interior. Can't wait to see what else is in store!

-SG

Reactions: Doc

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This looks like it could be a winner! I do have two concerns with these newest pictures. One is the ground clearance which looks like it's on the low side, however, this is still preproduction so things could still change.

The second thing is that the width of the rear doors looks kind of small which makes me think there won't be very much leg room in the rear seats. I'm 6' 5" and my kids pre teens who are tall for their age & still growing, so I need to be able to comfortably fit 4 people. I understand it's a compact truck and they can only do so much with combining cabin space with a useable bed but I'm really, really hoping for an interior that's roomy enough for a family of four who are all on the tall side.

Ford Maverick 2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Caught Nearly Fully Revealed! 📸 2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Spied 6

Attachments

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
98825503-A101-4E2F-8506-87ED99BDE5F9.png

Anyone Specialize in reading blurring pictures?! Lol
I didn't even notice that in the pictures until you pointed it out. That's really interesting and odd that it has a window sticker! Is that normal for testing mules to have window stickers displayed? I know I've never seen it.

Sponsored

Basil

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Authority claims those are 18 in wheels, and using that as the bases for my pixel counting math, I get the bed being 53.4 inches. The picture isn't perfectly square, but it strengthens my belief that the bed will be 54 in (4.5 ft).
this has me oh so curious. That’s the absolute shortest bed I could live with. If there’s a good bed extender I could be buying

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I didn't even notice that in the pictures until you pointed it out. That's really interesting and odd that it has a window sticker! Is that normal for testing mules to have window stickers displayed? I know I've never seen it.
I have seen that before on vehicles prior to there release to the public.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This looks like it could be a winner! I do have two concerns with these newest pictures. One is the ground clearance which looks like it's on the low side, however, this is still preproduction so things could still change.

The second thing is that the width of the rear doors looks kind of small which makes me think there won't be very much leg room in the rear seats. I'm 6' 5" and my kids pre teens who are tall for their age & still growing, so I need to be able to comfortably fit 4 people. I understand it's a compact truck and they can only do so much with combining cabin space with a useable bed but I'm really, really hoping for an interior that's roomy enough for a family of four who are all on the tall side.

I’m curious if your family has tested the Ranger seating? I’m being genuine with that

i think the angle of this image is throwing the measurements off. The side image in this thread shows a back door comparable to the front door(keep in mind the front door panel includes part of the dashboard)

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m curious if your family has tested the Ranger seating? I’m being genuine with that

i think the angle of this image is throwing the measurements off. The side image in this thread shows a back door comparable to the front door(keep in mind the front door panel includes part of the dashboard)
We have not yet tried the Ranger to see how spacious it is but I think once we vaccinated we will do that.
You might be right about the angle of that picture. There's really no way to know for sure if we'll fit comfortably until we can actually sit it.

Sponsored

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have not yet tried the Ranger to see how spacious it is but I think once we vaccinated we will do that.
You might be right about the angle of that picture. There's really no way to know for sure if we'll fit comfortably until we can actually sit it.
I’m hoping to fit infant car seats so I’m with you in hoping the back seats with have enough room

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Looking at the side profile image and counting pixels, the front doors are 18% wider than the back doors, though as you note there is some incomparability given the dash but also footwells being in the front.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I understand its pre production but just like the factory pic I'm still hoping there'll be some trim around the head lights and underneath that hood edge instead of some gap or open grill, the grill itself needs a nice surround, like in this render, so it looks more finished and premium

Attachments

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
What are we waiting for? The preproduction Mavricks are complete, the "nearly fully revealed" Mavericks are cruising around suburban Detriot, We know full production will begin in less than 4 months. When is the official reveal?