First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love it, overall. A little concerned about the rear sight line. The rear window is short.
Fair point. Probably due to the back up camera for reversing. But I agree it does look narrow
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking at the side profile image and counting pixels, the front doors are 18% wider than the back doors, though as you note there is some incomparability given the dash but also footwells being in the front.
@Art Vandelay did some cropping and stitching and it seems the rear doors are the width of the front doors from the side mirror to the back. So that 18% seems pretty accurate. Hopefully the sheets have the indentation in the back that allows a couple more inches of knee room. Now if Ford can just release some news and specs so we don’t have to count pixels and what not that’d be awesome haha

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Art Vandelay did some cropping and stitching and it seems the rear doors are the width of the front doors from the side mirror to the back. So that 18% seems pretty accurate. Hopefully the sheets have the indentation in the back that allows a couple more inches of knee room. Now if Ford can just release some news and specs so we don’t have to count pixels and what not that’d be awesome haha
I think you're right and yes hopefully soon we'll finally have some actual specs. These pictures certainly have everyone here excited and when Ford finally releases some details things should get really exciting!

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2" receiver and 4-pin/7-pin connections make me think this thing will be able to tow an acceptable amount. Most vehicles come with a 2" receiver nowadays, but the 7-pin option there is what makes makes me think they're serious about this being able to tow.
Some
2" receiver and 4-pin/7-pin connections make me think this thing will be able to tow an acceptable amount. Most vehicles come with a 2" receiver nowadays, but the 7-pin option there is what makes makes me think they're serious about this being able to tow.
A Seven pin tells me at least 3500lb with trailer brakes. With a hybrid Add the aux for a 12v battery and you've got something that can run a trailer fridge.

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Bronco
Looks pretty good but I need to see it without camo. I'm not sure what's going on behind the cab but it reminds me of a Ranger Wildtrak, which I'm not really a fan of.

Sponsored

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
So is that rectangular opening at the bottom of the bumper for a radiator...like on a turbo engine? (3 Cyl confirmed?)

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So is that rectangular opening at the bottom of the bumper for a radiator...like on a turbo engine? (3 Cyl confirmed?)
I think on the 1.5 they dont have an external intercooler (and maybe its the same on the 2.0 also). They're built into the intake to make it more compact and tidy.

Thats probably just for the airflow to the standard radiator and AC unit.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thing is looking really fantastic. There's a neighbor nearby who drives a Sport Trac and it continues to drive my enthusiasm for this. Especially since it won't have that gaudy "slope" that the Trac did. That being said, if there's an outdoor package that lifts the truck to sit a bit higher, they'll probably get me to buy in. There's something about a small pickup that sits up high just nails it for me.

Keynotes13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on getting a lift kit at some point.
Sponsored