First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had to do this. I spotted a Bronco Sport at Target today with an empty spot next to it. Of course I just had to park next to it. They look so cute together! As I approached mine later on she was sitting in her car and we had a nice discussion about the Maverick. She had no idea the Maverick was even a thing or the fact it's based off the same platform. Of course she loved it. That's what I love about this truck. It's a great conversation starter with people who either have no idea what it is or know what it is and just want to geek over it.

Ford Maverick 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Parked Next to Ford Bronco Sport 20220323_115339
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I just had to do this. I spotted a Bronco Sport at Target today with an empty spot next to it. Of course I just had to park next to it. They look so cute together! As I approached mine later on she was sitting in her car and we had a nice discussion about the Maverick. She had no idea the Maverick was even a thing or the fact it's based off the same platform. Of course she loved it. That's what I love about this truck. It's a great conversation starter with people who either have no idea what it is or know what it is and just want to geek over it.

20220323_115339.jpg
Was she hawt?

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm seriously considering a Bronco Sport instead of waiting for my Maverick to arrive in 2032. The Bronco Sport is seriously deceiving. It is 174" long to the Maverick's 200". Super easy to park. Square shape means you can stuff some serious kit in there. All the off road capability of the Maverick and maybe more (shorter is better off road).

Problem is: the Bronco Sport is as hard to get as the Maverick right now. Not one in stock within 200 miles of me. Though the local dealers tell me there is inventory inbound this summer.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had someone in a Bronco Sport see me on the highway this morning and they clearly worked to catch up and get a better look at the Mav. I like to think the jealousy kicked in, especially when they saw HYBRID lol

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm seriously considering a Bronco Sport instead of waiting for my Maverick to arrive in 2032. The Bronco Sport is seriously deceiving. It is 174" long to the Maverick's 200". Super easy to park. Square shape means you can stuff some serious kit in there. All the off road capability of the Maverick and maybe more (shorter is better off road).

Problem is: the Bronco Sport is as hard to get as the Maverick right now. Not one in stock within 200 miles of me. Though the local dealers tell me there is inventory inbound this summer.
I originally ordered a Bronco Sport 1.5T sight unseen. I finally got to test drive one about a month after my order and the 1.5T is terrible! It’s course and unrefined. The transmission has to hunt for gears to make any power. I cancelled my order and ordered a 2.0T Maverick on January 26th. I could’ve ordered the Badlands Bronco Sport with the 2.0T but it was out of my budget.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have one (see my avatar) and should be getting my Maverick in a week. I will post a comparison of driving the two of them when I get a chance.

The BS is a Badlands, so it has the 2.0L EB (and is AWD as is all Bronco Sports).
The Maverick is a hybrid, so FWD. The Maverick is a Lariat Trim, so a bit more there in terms of bells and whistles.

p.s. One of the nice things about the BS is that it IS easy to park. The Badlands also has a front camera which I find to be really handy when parking to see how close in front. The parking is especially easy compared to my F150. :) The negative here is that my son (who loved my F150 and was a PITA about wanting to use it) now uses the BS instead and is again a PITA about only wanting to use THAT (i.e. the BS).

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I originally ordered a Bronco Sport 1.5T sight unseen. I finally got to test drive one about a month after my order and the 1.5T is terrible! It’s course and unrefined. The transmission has to hunt for gears to make any power. I cancelled my order and ordered a 2.0T Maverick on January 26th. I could’ve ordered the Badlands Bronco Sport with the 2.0T but it was out of my budget.
Yea, I noticed you have to pay really big money to get the 4 cylinder - like In the $40,000 range from what I've seen listed.
Sponsored