First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't even have to read it to say I love it. Having the Lariat, I absolutely love the two-tone treatment. Nothing in the interior is a typical black or grey. Everything is either Navy Pier Blue or Desert Brown which is an absolutely gorgeous combo. It's nothing like any interior on the market. The only gripe is how everything is easy to scratch. As long as I don't touch anything too much, it looks flawless. But I can forgive it. I fully realize this vehicle was built on a strict budget in order to keep its affordable pricing. The fact that fully-loaded it's just over $35,000 (before stealership markups) it's a phenomenal value. I love the Maverick and have no regrets with it. I just hope it's reliable long-term. I do have the Ecoboost which I can safely say is far more reliable than the 2.5L Hybrid that's been subject to questioning on this forum.

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't even have to read it to say I love it. Having the Lariat, I absolutely love the two-tone treatment. Nothing in the interior is a typical black or grey. Everything is either Navy Pier Blue or Desert Brown which is an absolutely gorgeous combo. It's nothing like any interior on the market. The only gripe is how everything is easy to scratch. As long as I don't touch anything too much, it looks flawless. But I can forgive it. I fully realize this vehicle was built on a strict budget in order to keep its affordable pricing. The fact that fully-loaded it's just over $35,000 (before stealership markups) it's a phenomenal value. I love the Maverick and have no regrets with it. I just hope it's reliable long-term. I do have the Ecoboost which I can safely say is far more reliable than the 2.5L Hybrid that's been subject to questioning on this forum.
I agree with everything you say. Except my loaded Lariat was around $40,000. But every month for 11 months I was able to save a lot more for the down payment, And yes, it was worth the wait.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I would say those with a dog should look elsewhere for a truck. As for me, I am very easy on everything I own so we shall see.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I paid 33k+TTL for my loaded Mav. The interior is more than great at that price. I haven't experienced any sorta of wild scratching and that's with having a 6 month old puppy all over the back seat for a 3500 mile roadtrip.

With the budget materials aside it's hands down one of the coolest and refreshing interiors I've dealt with. Just a easy and practical setup with a hint of class. It's my vibe and I'm stoked on it.

Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I love the interior of the Lariat as well. Given the options I've always felt it looked best. Fake leather is always easier to clean than cloth.
The tones match really well with most of the exterior colors too. Looked odd with some options but at least with carbonized grey it pairs up just fine

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had to see the Lariat interior in person prior to ordering as the online renders had it looking kinda gross - lol. Much better in person and a nice chance from the all too boring black n grey interiors out there. One reviewer mentioned something I agree with. Why the heck did they put the steering wheel heat button on the passengers side when there is a perfectly good empty button on the driver's side ? I keep accidentally hitting that when adjusting fan speeds. Guy says " Why should I have to violate the passengers airspace to get my steering wheel heat ? " - Funny - Ambient lighting was a must for me but would have been nice to have a color choice - blue light - blue dash - etc. Door panels probably require their own thread to disuss-

Bwinter1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BRYAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang GT, 2010 Honda Insight, 2020 Kia Sore
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Disagree. The Hybrid engine is much more reliable than ecoboost. You better put an oil catch can on that thing if you want to get any kind of long term reliability out of it.

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had to see the Lariat interior in person prior to ordering as the online renders had it looking kinda gross - lol. Much better in person and a nice chance from the all too boring black n grey interiors out there. One reviewer mentioned something I agree with. Why the heck did they put the steering wheel heat button on the passengers side when there is a perfectly good empty button on the driver's side ? I keep accidentally hitting that when adjusting fan speeds. Guy says " Why should I have to violate the passengers airspace to get my steering wheel heat ? " - Funny - Ambient lighting was a must for me but would have been nice to have a color choice - blue light - blue dash - etc. Door panels probably require their own thread to disuss-
I agree, I was nervous about the Lariat interior until I finally took delivery and saw it in person. It was 11 months of worrying if I would hate it and regret not getting the XLT. But I am 10000% confident in my decision now and love it. Sure there is a lot of plastic but it was a loaded lariat for $32k so I don't expect Porsche interior materials in a nice cheap truck.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XL and like the interior just fine. I like most of the XLT interior, but not crazy about the porta-potty gray plastic. The Lariat is also very nice, but the brown seats seem out of place a bit. I think Ford did a commendable job on all trims for a first run. 👍

Sponsored

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I would say those with a dog should look elsewhere for a truck. As for me, I am very easy on everything I own so we shall see.
I have two dogs and I am hopeful this interior is better than cloth. I got the leather (fake?) and have a seat cover that wraps up the entire back seat and doors so we will see if that keeps it clean. Also, the leather won't hold hair nearly as bad. Haven't taken the dogs for a ride yet, but we will see how it goes :)

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have two dogs and I am hopeful this interior is better than cloth. I got the leather (fake?) and have a seat cover that wraps up the entire back seat and doors so we will see if that keeps it clean. Also, the leather won't hold hair nearly as bad. Haven't taken the dogs for a ride yet, but we will see how it goes :)
I have never seen the Mav cloth interior in person but I have seen the faux leather, you have, in a Bronco and it looked and felt very durable to me. I like it a lot but just cannot resist the denim and orange accent look of the XLT. Sweet. I was thinking more of the poocher's toenails on the interior door panels which I have also never seen but heard they are very scratch prone.

Good luck with their first ride.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have an XL and like the interior just fine. I like most of the XLT interior, but not crazy about the porta-potty gray plastic. The Lariat is also very nice, but the brown seats seem out of place a bit. I think Ford did a commendable job on all trims for a first run. 👍
Does the XL interior have those ugly orange highlights?

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the XL interior have those ugly orange highlights?
Only the XLT has the option of the Orange Accents with Cloth. Lariat adds Vinyl (fake leather). It would have been nice to have all three options available on all three levels. I may have chosen the XL interior on the Lariat.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost