First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI. Ford Authority put out the following article today which forum members might find interesting. Some interesting new accessories now available down there; Article indicates that they will probably be available here in US before too long.

Ford Maverick 2022 Ford Maverick Gets New Accessories in Brazil ariat-FX4-Brazil-Exterior-003-Front-Three-Quarters

As more and more consumers continue to favor off-road oriented parts and accessories, Ford continues to expand its catalog in that regard. Among its current vehicle lineup, the Ford Maverick and Ford Bronco have proven to be two of the most commonly modified as well, with owners seeking upgrades for those models at an “unprecedented” rate, according to the automaker. That includes customers in Brazil, where the 2022 Ford Maverick launched back in October, while the first deliveries began in April. Now, Brazilian Maverick owners have a bevy of new accessories to choose from that aren’t available in the U.S., at least for now.

Ford Maverick 2022 Ford Maverick Gets New Accessories in Brazil senger-Side-Running-Boards-Ford-Brazil-Press-Photo

Brazil’s 2022 Ford Maverick catalog contains a total of over 18 different offerings designed specifically for the compact pickup by The Blue Oval, including a bed extender that adds significant length for carrying larger items such as bicycles, as well as a locking tonneau cover for storing secure goods in that same area. Ford offers both a manual and power tonneau cover, the latter of which features a remote control and integrated lighting. Those accessories are available for U.S. Maverick owners, but Brazilian accessory shoppers get some additional goodies too, like running boards, which have yet to be added to the Ford accessory roster for North America.

Ford Maverick 2022 Ford Maverick Gets New Accessories in Brazil 022-Ford-Maverick-Brazil-Parts-and-Accessories-002

Bicyclists can also opt for a Nomad Trucks Sportspad to cover the tailgate and transport two-wheelers in that manner, which has become quite popular in the U.S. Additionally, cargo containers are available for those that want to store things in the bed in a more organized manner, which also include an anti-theft wrench, removable trays, and are made of ABS plastic for strength. Meanwhile, fender flares help protect the sides of the Maverick and are also made out of ABS plastic.

Ford Maverick 2022 Ford Maverick Gets New Accessories in Brazil 022-Ford-Maverick-Brazil-Parts-and-Accessories-003

Moving down the line, Brazilian Maverick owners can also purchase a satin black air intake for the hood, side steps to help ingress and egress, a sport bar, and a trailer hitch to take advantage of the pickup’s towing capabilities. While it’s a possibility that we’ll see these accessories pop up in Ford’s U.S. catalog in the near future, it’s notable that they’re already available in Brazil, so until then, owners in the Maverick’s home market will have to wait and see if these useful items will pop up in some fashion down the line.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone help me understand why those accessories aren’t available here, please.
I believe that someone stated that since Ford has not been able to deliver Mavericks to its North American customers, they figure that it's no use supplying these new accessories in which there are no vehicles to install them on.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want that roll bar.

Probably won't be able to afford it, but I still want it.
Yeah I wonder how much - It does need a small safari tray up top.

Montykeel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011Escape Hybrid and 2022 XL Poverty Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
including a bed extender that adds significant length for carrying larger items such as bicycles
You had me at "bed extender". Please post a picture or link if you have one.

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe that someone stated that since Ford has not been able to deliver Mavericks to its North American customers, they figure that it's no use supplying these new accessories in which there are no vehicles to install them on.
I don’t think this would be accurate since there is only one plant making these in Mexico and the overwhelming number of orders are being delivered to North America. Additionally, many of these products are produced in the US or China.

OP
OP

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You had me at "bed extender". Please post a picture or link if you have one.
I believe they are talking about the bed extender already available in the U.S. The article does make it sound like something different. Article also talks about a "sport pad" for the tailgate for transporting two-wheel vehicles; not sure what that is. It sounds like a pad to protect the exterior tailgate; maybe someone else has a better idea on this?? Sorry, this is the only link I have. Hopefully more will be coming out; it should be!!

Sponsored

Edw

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
Undecided
I believe they are talking about the bed extender already available in the U.S. The article does make it sound like something different. Article also talks about a "sport pad" for the tailgate for transporting two-wheel vehicles; not sure what that is. It sounds like a pad to protect the exterior tailgate; maybe someone else has a better idea on this?? Sorry, this is the only link I have. Hopefully more will be coming out; it should be!!
Same here. Have no idea what the Nomad Trucks Sportspad is. Is there any pic?

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah, the original article didn’t have any more. I mistakenly read your post too quick and thought you just wanted the link to the source.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I wonder how much - It does need a small safari tray up top.
Welding that tray on, though. You'd either have to remove the bar, or (maybe) ground to the tray. Otherwise there's too high a risk of frying all the electronics.
Sponsored