First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Part # NZ6Z7000B in my 2.0 without tow package, NZ6Z7000D with it.
any internal differences in these? or just the small cooler?
Sponsored

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 2.3 turbo is larger but it's not a direct bolt on, will require oil/water lines and other hard parts to be built to swap it. It's not a good choice for someone who wants to mod the truck and not go through tons of work and lose the factory reliability of the lines etc.

We have a turbo out being modified that will be a direct bolt on.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Its really time Ford Performance made a power pack for the turbo motors, that instead of a CAI and a tune, is a upgraded turbo, intercooler, exhaust, and tune. I mean back in the 90s you could get heads, cams, diffs, intakes, clutches, and transmissions. All major upgrades, factory tested and some warrantied.

Hey Dave once you get your turbo built, would you mind driving to Dearborn and racing around the headquarters parking lot until they let you in the Performance department?

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't been able to find much on the Maverick's turbo hardware, but if it's anything like the escape, which I assume it's almost identical, then ford factory parts *should* work just fine, as long as the correct lines are chosen.

I don't think this is outside the realm of people willing to put in the work, especially for me. If there are more issues when I can physically put the turbo in the Maverick, cool, just more things for me to solve. In no way do I feel this will hurt the factory reliability of the setup.

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry I haven't posted, my maverick finally came in! Besides the fact that I need 36 hours in a day, I've been continuing on with research.

My Mav is an XL, so myself and a buddy are both adding cruise in the next week.

I have ordered an intercooler, some other minor components, and a few tunes. I'll be doing draggy runs to update progress on how each setup runs. I'm hoping to be in the 12's for under $1k, we shall see. I'll probably start a build thread and just update that, but continue to post up revelent info here for getting the Ranger turbo to work.

More to come!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a chance to get the turbo off of my Mav for some comparisons. The center section of the Ranger turbo is physically larger than that of the Mav's. As Buschur stated above, the factory lines from the Mav will not work as they are.

Also, the turbo sits 7/8" higher than the factory Mav turbo.

The inlet and outlet pipes on the cold side do fit directly on, they would also just be the 7/8" higher than factory.

The Downpipe 3 bolt pattern is just slightly different. Not really sure why, unless the studs on my Ranger turbo have been bent, but they didn't appear to be.

Also, I did measure the factory compressor side of the turbo, and the inducer is 41.3mm, while the exducer is 55mm. On the Ranger turbo, these are 46mm and 61mm, respectively. That is all for now, I will get back to working on this when I get some more free time!

John

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard the same thing echoed around the forums, but I haven't yet heard of a single failure. I get that this isn't the 8F57 from the Edge ST, but I have been searching all over the place to find info, and all I keep seeing is the 8f35 being mentioned. Even when looking at the 2020+ Lincoln Corsair, if you look up axles, even the 2.3T for that shows the trans as an 8F35, and that 2.3 puts out 295hp/310tq!

I do not have factory manuals or any way to get ahold of factory info, maybe someone that works for Ford's parts department can be of some help? I hear the term 8F45 used as well, but have never seen anything relating it to a vehicle....

I'm still spending tons of time researching, so hopefully there are articles that can clear some of this up.
I think if you look a little deeper you will find the Corsair with sport package 2.3L turbo uses the 8F40 or 45.

Just looked 8F40

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dueces

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone just mentioned that in my build thread as well. So far seeing it posted on Lincoln's website in the build spec is the only thing I've seen. I would like to get more info about specifics of these transmissions, but I don't know of anything being released yet. Also I've been a little busy to look recently.
Sponsored