Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks SUPER!
whete are you located? My Ford dealer wants $500 and can’t guarantee they won’t break anything.
I don’t have any confidence in them.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

That looks SUPER!
whete are you located? My Ford dealer wants $500 and can’t guarantee they won’t break anything.
I don’t have any confidence in them.
Can't guarantee they won't break anything? Odd...
So if a rock goes through the grill or something like that. They won't fix it because they can't guarantee they won't break something?

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have kept my Hot Pepper Red Maverick XLT in quarantine for close to 2 Months but couldn't resist temptation any longer. I pulled the trigger on a set of 20X8.5" Ravetti M8 Wheels and Continental DWS 006 Plus tires in 245/45/R-20.

I had hoped some manufacturer would have a 2" or so lowering kit or springs available before I did the tires and wheels. Not yet. It looks okay for now, but I will drop it as soon as the kit becomes available.

If you are shopping for replacement wheels for your Maverick I will tell you that you will know far more than any of the people I talked to about fitment. I have a slight advantage because I was in the tire and wheel business for 35 years. Anyway, do your homework before buying; especially if you buy on-line. It will save you a bunch of grief.

One thing I forgot to photograph and attach is the polished stainless steel tailgate letter insertsI got at Platinum Ford in Terrell. They really catch your eye and keep people from asking "what is that truck".

Before and AFTER pictures attached.

DSCF2950.JPG
I do not like these wheels. It is no longer 2001 and you are not driving a honda accord.

you cant run slim tires with no lowering springs.

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not like these wheels. It is no longer 2001 and you are not driving a honda accord.

you cant run slim tires with no lowering springs.
TV
Because the 2022 Ford Maverick began production sometime in August there has yet to be a reputable manufacturer of lowering components produce a suspension lowering kit or springs. I will lower it about two inches in front and 3 inches in back. I could do like we did in the 60s and 70s and cut the springs.
I am sorry I didn’t get your approval on my wheel choice. You see I own this vehicle , therefore I have the right to choose the color, options, accessories, or modifications. What custom wheel did you select for your Maverick? Do you own a Maverick?
Thank you for your critique.

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't get this recent uptick in people thinking that their negative opinion has any weight, effect or input. Who gives a shit if you don't like it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will be one busy person if you express your discontent about every person accessorizes their new Mavericks. It is America we live in. Unless you want to make my payments on my Maverick, I will option it how I choose. However, you are also entitled to your opinion which I respect. Consider this; “ It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt”.
Enjoy!

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am so happy that there are so many choices for people to do what they want to with their rigs. Not just the choices I personally would choose.

Many times, things I don't think I would like initially I end up growing to like. Tastes change. We live in community. I'd hate to stifle creativity, as I am really only limiting my future self.

And even ultimately if something is not my taste, I can certainly appreciate and respect someone's planning, work and execution of their own desires and dreams.

A pickup is a canvas. Go wild!!!

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't understand how clearances are the same as stock when the calculator comes up with an inch closer to strut on the inside? Glad they fit but how did you come up with same as stock unique wheels?
The clearances were roughly 3/8" to the positive with the 20" wheel and tire set up. I
the stock tires with the much taller sidewall had more deflection (sidewall bulge) than the 245mm wide and 45 aspect ratio Continental tire due to the tire beads being further apart on the 20" rim. Some of what we deal with are not exact measurements. I took pictures with my phone prior and post changeover, but I did not save them. It was also somewhat awkward to be exact using my trusty tape measure. I was only concerned with the distance of the tire in relation to the strut.
I hope this somewhat answers your question.

Sponsored

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TV
Because the 2022 Ford Maverick began production sometime in August there has yet to be a reputable manufacturer of lowering components produce a suspension lowering kit or springs. I will lower it about two inches in front and 3 inches in back. I could do like we did in the 60s and 70s and cut the springs.
I am sorry I didn’t get your approval on my wheel choice. You see I own this vehicle , therefore I have the right to choose the color, options, accessories, or modifications. What custom wheel did you select for your Maverick? Do you own a Maverick?
Thank you for your critique.
>posts picture of vehicle to an online discussion board
>gets comments on said picture
>surprised/offended when others dont like it
>its their fault / they're wrong

if you dont want comments on your shit dont post it. if it looks rad you'll get near unanimous opinion that it does and if it doesnt then people will call you out.

those are import style rims - theyd look better on a Maxima - and even then i wouldnt put them on until there are springs available. it just looks clown car bud.

people have opinions - and sometimes those opinions are wrong.

dont get me wrong - there can be a lot of wrong people.

I still dont understand why the transformers movies are so popular - they're absolutely awful - but then we live in a world with a lot of people with bad taste.

on a lowered car i get it (still dont love it but I get it)

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed 1642281955762

on the Maverick I dunno what I'd choose yet. I will choose something - but im not going to walk into a rim store and see something on the wall and be like 'yeah that there'. ill need to see bronco sport pics, other peoples Mavericks (right and wrong), hell I might be rocking steelies for 6 months or more until I find the right look or style. I do see the truck having amazing potential.

but whatever I do - I'll make sure it looks better than stock. not worse. not ghetto. not cheapening. not tacky.

been on internet car forums for 26 years - you learn that sometimes the most critical members are also sometimes pretty smart and have better taste (and that they actually may be trying to help you). or just be internet mad.

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed 1642282257644

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT AWD on order. I plan to lower it 2" all around. I only wanted the AWD just for the convienence with the winter snow we get in west Texas. We have no snow removal equipment and the roads stay pretty awful for days, otherwise I like trucks with a hotrod look therefore the lowering stance. I am going to stick with 18x8 in roughly the offset that the Lariat has, but want these. My order i am waiting on is iconic silver, and I think the charcoal centers will go nicely with this. These are made for a focus RS so they should fit just fine on a maverick. I would go bigger hoops, but the roads here are terrible, and I dont need to deal with bent wheels.

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed Screenshot_20220104-211835_eBay

Last edited:
OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT AWD on order. I plan to lower it 2" all around. I only wanted the AWD just for the convienence with the winter snow we get in west Texas. We have no snow removal equipment and the roads stay pretty awful for days, otherwise I like trucks with a hotrod look therefore the lowering stance. I am going to stick with 18x8 in roughly the offset that the Lariat has, but want these. My order i am waiting on is iconic silver, and I think the charcoal centers will go nicely with this. These are made for a focus RS so they should fit just fine on a maverick. I would go bigger hoops, but the roads here are terrible, and I dont need to deal with bent wheels.

Screenshot_20220104-211835_eBay.jpg
That i
Sponsored