Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Could we get more pics of how the wheels sit/stick out of the wheel well? The front I would think sticks out past the fender for the research I have done (looking at 20" also). So the more pics we have the more we can see what to expect. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand what you are saying about the color Hot Pepper Red. Every photo you see the color can be from a maroon hue to almost gold. The photos I posted are in direct sunlight with my back mostly to the sun. Somewhat a unique color that draws

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are off to a good start at making your Maverick unique. I liked the wheels you have on it. I just wanted the 20" for show. I chose the Continental DWS tire because we had them on a Mercedes GL and they performed very well. I only drove our Maverick around town a total of 301 miles until my wheels arrived. I really can't feel a discernable difference in ride. The Continental tire wears like iron and they are very quiet.
I like your wheel choices. I chose what I call the "deer horn" wheels. A good mix of black and aluminum. I also wanted a smooth lip in case I kiss the curb. The Ravetti wheels have enough meat on them to withstand a few mistakes and they are easy to clean. I have black cross spokes on our KIA Telluride and they are a challenge to wash.
Did you see the Hot Pepper Red Maverick with the black fender flares that was posted about a week ago? I was debating to do the smooth flares, but these looked pretty good. I asked the guy if the blackmatched the rocker panels on his Maverick but he didn't reply. I will wait until a Ford dealer gets some in stock.
Enjoy your Maverick!

Deleted member 6544

Very Cool brother! I'm going for the street look also, (when mine comes in). And I also got the FX4 package for other reasons than off roading. Looking forward to wheel shopping HA!

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I debated myself about the gunmetal wheels. I did not want black because of all of the black on the bumpers, bed and cab cap, and the rocker panels. I succumbed to my addiction yo chrome earlier in life and met in the middle.
if you go 20X9 wheels double check your offset. I may not have mentioned this to you but Iended up with around 3/4” space between the tire sidewalk and strut. Too much the other way and it takes on the skateboard look.
I sold my Pirelli Scorpion ASR tires and Unique black wheels to the Ford Dealer for $800 and I kept my TPMS sensors. I did not care for the Pirelli tread design. I can’t wait to see your dressed up Maverick.

Sponsored

xoXMiSsDaisieXox

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daisie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livelaughandlawn.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 2023 Mercedes AMG GLA 45
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They need to release a leveling kit. Should be easier than a lowering kit and you wouldn't have all that wheel well showing in the back. I like the wheels though! Answers my question as to whether or not 20s would work. 😎

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 20” tires will fitment will be fine on the AWD as long as you keep the tire size within the approximate diameter of the stock size. If you went too tall they would then rub on the strut spring perch. It would possibly rub elsewhere when doing a lock yo lock turn.
I have no idea if the hybrid suspension or front wheel drive only suspension is much different than the AWD when it comes to wheel fitment.
The greatest concern will be offset of the wheel. My stock wheels were 37mm actual measurement for a 17X7” wheel.
1 inch equaling 25.4 mm.
Mr. Boom on You Tube put 20X9” Verde Axis wheels on his AWD with no problem.
I would purchase only from a reputable dealer that will allow returns with no fees except freight perhaps. Most shops or dealers don’t know what fits the Maverick. Too new. We are the Guinea Pigs right now. You will be fine if you do the math
Post pics

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Very happy to see someone throw on 20s! One question I have is how smooth is your ride with those tires? You dropped quite a bit of sidewall!

I've been shopping for a month for the right set. I'm getting gunmetal though...black is old news and I can't stand the silver. I think my oem rims look terrible. Just can't pick which style and I like all the ones I posted. You're right, these wheel shops don't know the Maverick yet, so it's all been my own research.

I am going for muted accents vs extra pop because HPR is attention grabbing enough! Tinted taillights, charcoal gray emblems (front not on yet), magnetic gray Maverick lettering and painted accent bar so far... Can't wait to get better wheels! No lowering for me... I'm too tall as it is lol.

IMG_20211121_164825__01.jpg

IMG_20211124_150629.jpg

Screenshot_20211130-172733.jpg

Screenshot_20211130-151404__01.jpg

Screenshot_20211130-172811__01.jpg
I love your OEM Lariat rims. Maybe we can work something out if you ever decide to sell them.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They need to release a leveling kit. Should be easier than a lowering kit and you wouldn't have all that wheel well showing in the back. I like the wheels though! Answers my question as to whether or not 20s would work. 😎
There's a 1" leveling kit out for the Maverick and and a couple of members have installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The leveling kit is encouraging. Any idea who manufactures it or a link to a website?

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bea
I have kept my Hot Pepper Red Maverick XLT in quarantine for close to 2 Months but couldn't resist temptation any longer. I pulled the trigger on a set of 20X8.5" Ravetti M8 Wheels and Continental DWS 006 Plus tires in 245/45/R-20.

I had hoped some manufacturer would have a 2" or so lowering kit or springs available before I did the tires and wheels. Not yet. It looks okay for now, but I will drop it as soon as the kit becomes available.

If you are shopping for replacement wheels for your Maverick I will tell you that you will know far more than any of the people I talked to about fitment. I have a slight advantage because I was in the tire and wheel business for 35 years. Anyway, do your homework before buying; especially if you buy on-line. It will save you a bunch of grief.

One thing I forgot to photograph and attach is the polished stainless steel tailgate letter insertsI got at Platinum Ford in Terrell. They really catch your eye and keep people from asking "what is that truck".

Before and AFTER pictures attached.

DSCF2943.JPG

DSCF2948.JPG

DSCF2949.JPG

DSCF2950.JPG
Love the color, nice wheels too!

OP
OP
Maveriac

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted a bright color, but not the bright gold. Easier to find in a parking lot.
Which color choice did or will you choose?
Thank you for the kind words.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The leveling kit is encouraging. Any idea who manufactures it or a link to a website?
I have a roughcountry leveling kit on mine, there's also one from fordrangerlifts.

Ford Maverick 20" Wheels (Ravetti) and 245/45/R20 Continental Tires installed 20211117_170525