Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody in AL with a Maverick in transit just have their delivery date suddenly extended?

Two train cars full of automobiles burn in east Alabama

SHORTER, Ala. (AP) — Two railroad cars full of automobiles caught fire and burned in an east Alabama town, officials said.

The Shorter Volunteer Fire Department, in a statement shared on social media, said the freight cars caught fire Thursday night in Macon County. Photos showed flames licking through openings on the sides of the car carriers at a rural crossing.

The blaze didn't spread to other train cars, but vehicles inside two rail cars were destroyed, the fire department said.

No injuries were reported, and it wasn't clear what types of automobiles were on the train. At least three fire departments assisted with fighting the blaze, the cause of which wasn't known immediately.
Sponsored

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody in AL with a Maverick in transit just have their delivery date suddenly extended?

SHORTER, Ala. (AP) — Two railroad cars full of automobiles caught fire and burned in an east Alabama town, officials said.

The Shorter Volunteer Fire Department, in a statement shared on social media, said the freight cars caught fire Thursday night in Macon County. Photos showed flames licking through openings on the sides of the car carriers at a rural crossing.

The blaze didn't spread to other train cars, but vehicles inside two rail cars were destroyed, the fire department said.

No injuries were reported, and it wasn't clear what types of automobiles were on the train. At least three fire departments assisted with fighting the blaze, the cause of which wasn't known immediately.
Happened on CSX.

Unfortunately due to the high heat from the fire, the rail car numbers were burned off so, no way to trace where they came from.

Ford Maverick 2 railroad cars full of vehicles burned in AL AutoRack fire

Last edited:

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
leaky fuel tanks

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid battery spontaneous combustion - it's happened before (think aircraft, TESLA, etc.) Kidding, folks - kidding.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Wow, pretty crazy. Glad to see no one was hurt but I wonder what the cause was?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm glad no one was injured. Another good thing (for me) my truck is still only in my imagination.

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided

No other vehicles go by train?

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We once had half a train full of Mercedes scrapped due to derailment.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My vehicle began actual transit to Pennsylvania yesterday. I hope it didn't make it far enough to reach Alabama yet. :oops:
Same here...supposedly left Mexico Plant yesterday morning. 👩‍🚒

Last edited:

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
Mine was on a bad ordered car for 5 days in Birmingham Alabama. Just started moving towards Atlanta last night. Tracker still on departure from Birmingham to Ga. 🤔
Sponsored