J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did I understand correctly that if ordered through LM, I could have aftermarket work done to the vehicle rolled into the original vehicle price, AND it remains under warranty for 3 years?
Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am too old to be macho and don't really care to impress anyone, however, I know what I like and what I want. I am not planning on a lift but I am putting on better 235 AT's for traction. If the hybrid fits your wants and needs that's great, for now my option works best for me. Think we had a similar discussion in another thread. You are buying yours so by all means get what you want with the understanding that different people have different wants or needs and that's okay. I mean we all don't want the same color or options because we aren't the same and I am good with that.
And your point? Or do you enjoy a good ramble too.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did I understand correctly that if ordered through LM, I could have aftermarket work done to the vehicle rolled into the original vehicle price, AND it remains under warranty for 3 years?
That’s how I understand it too

RWR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if I can just use my Factory Wheels?

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
Why is the rear wheel/tire not centered in the wheel well? Are all models like this? Maybe the larger tires are just making it more apparent since there's less wheel gap? Can this be fixed?

1635788789744.png

1635788880454.png

Looks like maybe an inch of clearance in the front and probably 2-3 inches to the back.
Good eye, I was just going to post about this. My guesses is it's due to the large lift with this type of suspension. I could see how it might cantilever the geometry.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know a 2WD truck with 190hp can get a lot of places…I’ve been all over with my Jeep Wrangler in 2WD and only need 4WD in emergencies. I think a lot of people think they need 4WD to go off-road but that’s just not true
So true!! I was able to go a lot places in just 2 low in my 78 CJ-7 and when I did need 4wd it would climb like a goat! 🤣 😁

TripleOption

First Name
Keithen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
One thing that might be being ignored here (unless I missed it) is that the tire size change will throw off the speedometer and odometer. Going from a 225/65 R17 to a 265/65 R17 increases the tire diameter by 2", and thus decreases the revolutions traveled per mile.

With that being said, an increase of circumference of 7.15% would cause the speedometer to read 80 when the vehicle is actually doing 85.7 MPH. This would also throw off the vehicle fuel efficiency gage, so it would really be 23.5 MPG when they said it was 22 MPG.

23.5 MPG while doing 85 MPH with big aggressive mud tires is astounding.

However, if they recalibrated the speedometer then this whole post can be ignored.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's what I was initially thinking, but the rear suspension on these should truly only travel up and down via the independent rear suspension.
It's an independent rear suspension, but it's built primarily around a trailing arm. So as the suspension moves downwards (or is held extended by a lift kit) it tends to rotate forwards.

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
That's what I was initially thinking, but the rear suspension on these should truly only travel up and down via the independent rear suspension.

There really should be no forward to back movement from changing the suspension height like a solid axle rear of say an F150 might have. My best guess is that all AWD Mavericks are like this and the large tires are just making it more obvious. The camera angle and the little front mud flap parts may be playing tricks on the situation visually as well, and giving it a more distorted view from reality.
Hummm good point. My wife has a 2018 Escape, turbo which we really like. Now I will have to give the rear suspension a closer look.

Sponsored

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
One thing that might be being ignored here (unless I missed it) is that the tire size change will throw off the speedometer and odometer. Going from a 225/65 R17 to a 265/65 R17 increases the tire diameter by 2", and thus decreases the revolutions traveled per mile.

With that being said, an increase of circumference of 7.15% would cause the speedometer to read 80 when the vehicle is actually doing 85.7 MPH. This would also throw off the vehicle fuel efficiency gage, so it would really be 23.5 MPG when they said it was 22 MPG.

23.5 MPG while doing 85 MPH with big aggressive mud tires is astounding.

However, if they recalibrated the speedometer then this whole post can be ignored.
Maybe if someone has tried Forscan on their Mavs, we could see if it could be recalibrated that way...? (A shameless attempt to get info as to how much Forscan will modify Mavs..lol )

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Gorgeous truck. Looks awesome lifted.

Luther

First Name
Luther
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.starweb.one
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang v6
You know a 2WD truck with 190hp can get a lot of places…I’ve been all over with my Jeep Wrangler in 2WD and only need 4WD in emergencies. I think a lot of people think they need 4WD to go off-road but that’s just not true
Aloha,
I live in Hawaii...we drive along deep sand beaches and across small streams and long potentially slippery mud driveways all the time... .....just saying..

Ford Maverick 2" Lifted 2022 MAVERICK + 31" Mud Tires by Long McArthur Performance downloadfile

See what I mean

Bud4AU

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Ford Maverick with a 2" lift kit and 31" Mud Terrain Tires with Black Fuel Wheels.

Get all the details about lift, wheels, tires, with test drive.

Can a hybrid be lifted ?