Sponsored

AREA52

First Name
MikShea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
The offset wheel in back drives me nuts and lifts and bigger tires emphasize it. Otherwise looks good.
Fair, not how I would have revealed the wheel from a body design perspective. Center the damn thing, geez! Wouldn't take much of mud flap, inner wheel well shape shifter to optically center the tire...< 1" thick
Sponsored

Zxdiac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2016 Jeep Renegade, 2000 Montero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your being kind to the what I call now "Nitpickers" of rear wheel position change after a lift. The caster camber issue is real, too! Thank you for the input!
I meant, the rear wheel is off center when the Maverick is completely stock. I'm not sure a lift would somehow make it more off center, considering it only moves the the assembly up on one axis, or am I missing something?

AREA52

First Name
MikShea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL
I meant, the rear wheel is off center when the Maverick is completely stock. I'm not sure a lift would somehow make it more off center, considering it only moves the the assembly up on one axis, or am I missing something?
Your spot on....others are delusional.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys, got my 2 inch lift in and installed from fordrangerlifts.com

Did a little offroading at the deer lease and it's great! check it out!

Link for the lift
https://fordrangerlifts.com/shop/ols/products/xn-2022-2023-maverick-awd-2-lift-kit-yi5u
Looks great, Joe. Thanks for the video and feedback on the lift (and your other videos).
The reason people jump to the conclusion of the wheel moving fore/aft with a lift is because many vehicles use a trailing arm type system that will move the wheel fore/aft with lifting/lowering the suspension height. That isn't to say that is the case with the Maverick, but I think it might be. You aren't actually just moving it straight up/down as you're still attached to a fixed point in the front, so you're generally moving it in two directions at the same time. For some vehicles you can get modified subframes, control arms, or trailing arms to fix the geometry.

For example, if you look at the FWD Maverick's rear suspension, if you added a longer spring (or spacer) and shock, you would generally expect the wheel to move forward some amount. https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...-deep-dive-39-mpg-and-1-twist-beam/ar-AARlaIW

The AWD has a different rear suspension, but I can't find great pictures of it... I'm not sure if it will suffer the same wheel movement or not. I suspect it will be similar but different.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/pics-of-awd-suspension-rear-axle.3182/

Full disclaimer: I could 100% be wrong here :) I'm speaking from experience modifying RWD trailing arm unibody cars, not trucks, but from the pics of the FWD Maverick, it appears to be similar enough that I suspect you'd get some movement. How much, I don't have the foggiest idea.

All that said, I am pretty sure I'm going to lift my AWD Maverick 1-2". The wheel is already off center, I can deal with a tiny bit more (if any).

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your spot on....others are delusional.
When you have stock tires you have more overall room on both sides of the tire even though it's not centered. When the larger tires sit 1" or less from the body and the gap is tiny but there is still a much larger gap at the back that is what looks funky.

Sponsored

Zxdiac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2016 Jeep Renegade, 2000 Montero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you have stock tires you have more overall room on both sides of the tire even though it's not centered. When the larger tires sit 1" or less from the body and the gap is tiny but there is still a much larger gap at the back that is what looks funky.
I think it looks funny regardless lol. I've somewhat gotten over it though. I still notice it, stock or lifted, but it doesn't bother me as much as it did initially.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Form and function over visual appeals of a wheel looking centered in the wheel well. 🤷‍♂️

Looks good and I just received my FordRangersLift 2”” lift today. 👍

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Form and function over visual appeals of a wheel looking centered in the wheel well. 🤷‍♂️

Looks good and I just received my FordRangersLift 2”” lift today. 👍
If you don`t mind me asking you, when did you order your kit from them ? Did he send you a tracking number when he shipped it out to you ? Thanks

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don`t mind me asking you, when did you order your kit from them ? Did he send you a tracking number when he shipped it out to you ? Thanks
Ordered and paid for on October 25th. He shipped it Fed Ex shipping and sent the tracking number through PayPal (how I paid). Took 3 days from ship date.

Robby has responded to every email I sent him and kept me updated till the kit was shipped out.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered and paid for on October 25th. He shipped it Fed Ex shipping and sent the tracking number through PayPal (how I paid). Took 3 days from ship date.

Robby has responded to every email I sent him and kept me updated till the kit was shipped out.

Great to hear, He had told me that he sent out some last Friday and I am guessing you were one of those since you got yours today. He said he would ship mine out this Friday, I am hoping I will get mine next week, my fingers are crossed. Thanks for the information.

Sponsored

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to be clear I’m not knocking the lift at all. I just wish the tires were centered on my truck :)

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rufracer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can somebody post a picture of there trailing arm on their all-wheel-drive Maverick please?
Sponsored