Sponsored

Dr Obnxs

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E and lots more
is the rear wheel not centred in the wheel well on all the lifts for this truck? Have seen this before where rear wheel appears off. Perhaps a function of the unibody construction. Seems to be evident on Ridgelines as well
It's because of an increased droop angle of the rear trailing arm.
Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did a custom 2.5 inch lift and custom exhaust.

Exhaust details:
Custom 2.5 pipe from the cat back replaced resonator with Borla s-type custom y-pipe with quad tips

FB_IMG_1645307688447.jpg

FB_IMG_1645307692703.jpg

20220219_153956.jpg

20220219_154714.jpg

20220220_165238-jpg.jpg

20220220_165301-jpg.jpg

20220220_165317-jpg.jpg
I like this a lot. Nice work.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
You seem to ignore the questions of how you achieved 2.5"? Did you combine kits to get the 2.5"? The tallest available I'm seeing is 2".

If the Pros (I'm talking FordRangerLifts, Rough Country, Belltech, etc.) are only making 1.5"-2" front kits, I assume that's because 2" is the upper limit for simple spacers before other things need substantially reworked. I'm curious to know how long until you run into issues. Folks have already had CV related problems with just the 2".

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If this is your only mode of transportation and you're doing it for the haters or the 'gram (as my 15 yo would say), you might rethink your path. I've learned similar lessons the hard way more often than not.

Stay safe,
Dave

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You seem to ignore the questions of how you achieved 2.5"? Did you combine kits to get the 2.5"? The tallest available I'm seeing is 2".

If the Pros (I'm talking FordRangerLifts, Rough Country, Belltech, etc.) are only making 1.5"-2" front kits, I assume that's because 2" is the upper limit for simple spacers before other things need substantially reworked. I'm curious to know how long until you run into issues. Folks have already had CV related problems with just the 2".

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If this is your only mode of transportation and you're doing it for the haters or the 'gram (as my 15 yo would say), you might rethink your path. I've learned similar lessons the hard way more often than not.

Stay safe,
Dave
My theory is that maybe the build shop is working on a kit and doesnt want him to tell any details yet if its not perfected yet. Or they are using his truck to test the CVs and have a deal to fix it if there is signs of wear.
Just theories, and I would love to know myself.

OP
OP
Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4

Stay safe,
Dave
Dave it was added half inch to the spacers custom made by custom shop. I bought the kit from rough country gave to the shop to modify the design. They also added a modify extension to the trailer arm. Once they were done they did a 4 wheel alignment to make sure all suspension is working properly. They do this for a living. So my ride and drive of the truck is excellent.

OP
OP
Dfw Maverick

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
My theory is that maybe the build shop is working on a kit and doesnt want him to tell any details yet if its not perfected yet. Or they are using his truck to test the CVs and have a deal to fix it if there is signs of wear.
Just theories, and I would love to know myself.
You're correct. They modify the design to my lift. It's all covered by the custom shop. So when everyone asking what kit I got. From rc and then modified. It's too much to give all the details. But it drives great. Then I give my feedback to the shop. Down the road I'll be doing a bigger lift and custom all the suspension.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You're correct. They modify the design to my lift. It's all covered by the custom shop. So when everyone asking what kit I got. From rc and then modified. It's too much to give all the details. But it drives great. Then I give my feedback to the shop. Down the road I'll be doing a bigger lift and custom all the suspension.
Thats cool! I can guess how the spacer were extended. Any chance you want to show off your custom trailing arms. I am planning on buying replacement ones when they become available and redesigning them as a a boxed unit. Mostly for a durability of them from any impact damage standpoint. Will likely build in a drop and extension to make it fit the arc of my lift height. I might go against the popular style and raise the rear of mine more than the front. It makes sense since the departure angle is greater than the approach. Plus Im getting a topper and will use it like a truck. So the suspension will be well laden. I would love to be able to get it to 3" of lift or more. With a 31" tire that would make pretty serious ground clearance.
Sponsored