First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, FX4, 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got back from a drive from Mesa, AZ to Canyon Lake (San Antonio area), TX. 2,134 miles round trip including a lot of driving in small towns and some in-city, with the majority still being on I-10 where the speed limit varies between 65-80 mph. Everything went swimmingly well. No problems or glitches of any kind.

My wife and I found the Maverick to be very comfortable, quiet, and convenient. The AC worked well against Texas heat and humidity. It was stable and economical even with 40-mph headwinds for most of the drive east and 20-mph headwinds on the return journey west--poor timing on my part or on the part of nature--take your pick. Heavy rains in Texas let me experience the 'slippery' drive mode--the vehicle felt sure and competent, but the wipers could have been better--I hope replacement wipers will be better than the Ford originals. They 'float' off the glass at speed and are prone to getting 'bent' when moved to wash the glass and then miss part of the area under the sweep.

We used Apple Car Play for Waze, music, and audiobooks. Unlike some on this forum, I am very pleased with the Ford audio system--but I do wish they'd include wireless Car Play.

The speedometer registered a rate much higher than I should have allowed during one downhill passing maneuver east of El Paso. I don't know what the actual top speed of my Maverick would be, but I hope I never have to find out.

We saw one Maverick (blue in color) near San Antonio--that's the only one we saw on the trip, and only the third I've seen in the wild other than mine.

We were approached at nearly every stop to discuss the vehicle. This Maverick gets more attention than my pristine 1970 AMC/AMX ever does! On the other hand, the new Nissan Frontiers were everywhere!
Sponsored

Gilbillygucci

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL, Ecoboost w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got back from a drive from Mesa, AZ to Canyon Lake (San Antonio area), TX. 2,134 miles round trip including a lot of driving in small towns and some in-city, with the majority still being on I-10 where the speed limit varies between 65-80 mph. Everything went swimmingly well. No problems or glitches of any kind.

My wife and I found the Maverick to be very comfortable, quiet, and convenient. The AC worked well against Texas heat and humidity. It was stable and economical even with 40-mph headwinds for most of the drive east and 20-mph headwinds on the return journey west--poor timing on my part or on the part of nature--take your pick. Heavy rains in Texas let me experience the 'slippery' drive mode--the vehicle felt sure and competent, but the wipers could have been better--I hope replacement wipers will be better than the Ford originals. They 'float' off the glass at speed and are prone to getting 'bent' when moved to wash the glass and then miss part of the area under the sweep.

We used Apple Car Play for Waze, music, and audiobooks. Unlike some on this forum, I am very pleased with the Ford audio system--but I do wish they'd include wireless Car Play.

The speedometer registered a rate much higher than I should have allowed during one downhill passing maneuver east of El Paso. I don't know what the actual top speed of my Maverick would be, but I hope I never have to find out.

We saw one Maverick (blue in color) near San Antonio--that's the only one we saw on the trip, and only the third I've seen in the wild other than mine.

We were approached at nearly every stop to discuss the vehicle. This Maverick gets more attention than my pristine 1970 AMC/AMX ever does! On the other hand, the new Nissan Frontiers were everywhere!
top speed for the Maverick is governed at 109mph.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm at 4100 miles, average speed 41 MPH and 25.2 MPG (mostly non-hwy local commuting).

tfarny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, VW Golf
I got 31 mpg on my first road trip with the same drivetrain - no passengers or cargo, no winds, no traffic, and rural highway (a "parkway" which I think is unique to the NE) on which it's best to keep under 65. For your trip, 26 seems pretty great.

Sponsored

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve put less than a tank of gas through mine, but with a bunch of city driving and some freeway commuting (usually 70mph) I’m at 26.7 mpg. I feel like it really benefits when driving like an old lady :LOL:

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems about right. We were avg right at 27 in our EB AWD from CO-CA-CO trip.

OP
OP
dmoyes1950

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you get day to day?
Overall mileage readout (never reset) shows 25.8 mpg. Most of my driving is suburban, 3 to 5 miles/day (I'm retired), with speed limits between 25 and 45 mph. Currently at about 4.600 miles total.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Overall mileage readout (never reset) shows 25.8 mpg. Most of my driving is suburban, 3 to 5 miles/day (I'm retired), with speed limits between 25 and 45 mph. Currently at about 4.600 miles total.
That's pretty good and about what I expected. I do mostly stop and go suburban driving with a little highway sprinkled in. My mazda 3 gets about 27 on average in that situation. That a bigger, heavier and much more powerful vehicle like the mav gets 25 is pretty remarkable when you think about it.

Sponsored

HPRMav

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I’m getting 19.5 mpg, 90% city miles…. Mainly driven in eco-mode.

RustBeltRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE Premium

Is 26MPG good?
I was getting 22MPG on my SuperCrew F150 with the 5.0 FX4 with Sport package at 75-80mph.. 26mpg seems terrible to me when you think of just how small this thing is..
Were you pulling a trailer?

OP
OP
dmoyes1950

dmoyes1950

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is 26MPG good?
I was getting 22MPG on my SuperCrew F150 with the 5.0 FX4 with Sport package at 75-80mph.. 26mpg seems terrible to me when you think of just how small this thing is..
Were you pulling a trailer?
Well, I never got over 17 mpg on the highway with my '06 Nissan Frontier V6 and never got over 16 mpg under any conditions with my '09 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl. My last car, an '11 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4-cyl would get 22-24 mpg on the highway, so I'm pretty happy to get 26 with the Maverick. The first highway trip we made, shorter--just over 120 miles RT but with a lighter load and no winds and no hills, we got 31 mpg. It's hard to describe just how fierce the headwinds were on the trip to Texas and back. There were semis blown over and trees/billboards down all along the way.

RustBeltRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE Premium
Well, I never got over 17 mpg on the highway with my '06 Nissan Frontier V6 and never got over 16 mpg under any conditions with my '09 Toyota Tacoma 4 cyl. My last car, an '11 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 4-cyl would get 22-24 mpg on the highway, so I'm pretty happy to get 26 with the Maverick. The first highway trip we made, shorter--just over 120 miles RT but with a lighter load and no winds and no hills, we got 31 mpg. It's hard to describe just how fierce the headwinds were on the trip to Texas and back. There were semis blown over and trees/billboards down all along the way.

I can vouch for that, i had a 4cyl Taco Xtra Cab with the 5 Speed stick.. and it was about 17-19mpg on a good day,.. Not to mention lethargic on the whole willingness to get out of it's own way.. LOL.. Just shocked, i would expect the 30-35 range on the highway with these things on the Gas version..

What RPM is this thing turning at 75MPH? I own a hybrid now, but if i was doing all highway i probably would have kept the F150. Because while it's OK.. it's not like the gas one, it's all over the place on the highway.. it blows around like it's a kite.. lol..
Sponsored