First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
30 eco vs. 33 hybrid hwy mpg is not much different even with way more power, more fun to drive in sport mode, safer passing, more towing with 4k, awd much safer when wet or snowing and not forced to chain up.
Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
30 eco vs. 33 hybrid hwy mpg is not much different even with way more power, more fun to drive in sport mode, safer passing, more towing with 4k, awd much safer when wet or snowing and not forced to chain up.
Snow tires always make a big difference, more valuable than four-wheel-drive in most driving situations.

DewIGotta

First Name
Renee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
You lose sport mode with the fx4 package but I agree the 2.0 is more fun!

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You lose sport mode with the fx4 package but I agree the 2.0 is more fun!
Yes, I did not order FX4 on purpose and be left with just normal driving mode for a 250hp engine. All the other modes would be used very rarely since this truck is really for dirt trails to get toys to the campsite. Too low to rock crawl, once a rock gets past the skid plate it would tear up the underside. AWD will handle 99% of this truck's softroading capability. And I did not want the stickers to mess up the clean paint job.

Tman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Third tank. Forgot to note miles I drove. Computer said 26.2 MPG I calculated 25.09 MPG almost entirely city driving. About half and half in ECO mode and regular mode, 87 octane.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
I'm floating just over 19mpg with the first tank of fuel that Chapman put in. I'm guessing its 87. When I picked up the truck, it was sitting at 7MPG so I've been working uphill this entire tank. At one point, it did indicate just around 23mpgs before dipping back down.

All my driving has been city and I try to start it up as we are getting the kids shoes and jackets on. It idles the entire time we are putting the kids in the car seats and I also turn off auto start/stop every time I get in.

I've also romped on it a few times which doesn't help. 😂

BlueBayou

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2022 Maverick on order
My wife's 2020 escape same motor and AWD is averaging 28.7 mpg after almost 10,000 miles. When I drive it's always in sport mode so the revs hang longer.

Snoopcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Accord, 70 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m at 26 mpg combo city/highway miles. Was hoping for better but I think that is what it will be. 87 octane and I try to remember to put on ECO mode.

Sponsored

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am mainly driving stop and go in the city short hikes at a time, but am only getting 17mpg. Haven't had a chance to do a long drive on the highway yet, but this seems very low.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD Tow Package
Anyone have some real world MPG numbers on the 2.0 AWD option?
I am getting 31.4 MPG combined freeway/side streets (85/15%) I drive with a feather foot and try and keep the RPM's below 2,000. My freeway driving has little stop and go so I stay at around 70 mph most of the way. I do jump on it to get out of harms way but other than that, I do drive to conserve fuel. I also switched to 93 octane 76 Gas that pushed it up from 29 mpg from 87 octane.

I have a XLT 2.0L AWD with Tow Package. I hit the Eco button when I think of it.
Ford Maverick 2.0 AWD Real World MPG??? PXL_20211208_014158824.MP

Anyone have some real world MPG numbers on the 2.0 AWD option?

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am getting 31.4 MPG combined freeway/side streets (85/15%) I drive with a feather foot and try and keep the RPM's below 2,000. My freeway driving has little stop and go so I stay at around 70 mph most of the way. I do jump on it to get out of harms way but other than that, I do drive to conserve fuel. I also switched to 93 octane 76 Gas that pushed it up from 29 mpg from 87 octane.

I have a XLT 2.0L AWD with Tow Package. I hit the Eco button when I think of it.
PXL_20211208_014158824.MP.jpg
This is a good example to not wait for a 2023 hybrid Mav when you can order the eco now. Hwy mpg not much different even with a lot more power and awd for safer driving in bad weather and some basic off roading.

The other reason to order eco now is inflation hit 6.8% in Nov. MSRP will most likely go way up if you wait.
Sponsored

Last edited: