Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@ Ford of Montebello, SoCal

676p14ozjhc81 (1).jpg

676p14ozjhc81.jpg
Anyone else notice they added $695 for an alarm that’s already a factory installed item?
Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is exactly what I'm afraid my dealership will do. My worst fear is waiting all this time waiting for it just so they can sneak in a $5-10K markup and really make me decide if I wanna go forward with it. I'm hoping that since my dealer advertises upfront pricing and no dealer fees, they will actually follow that business model and give me the vehicle at MSRP, especially considering that I ordered it and not picked it from the lot as a stock unit. For anyone that is interested, I'm getting it from Mullinax Ford in South Florida so if anyone knows whether this chain marks up their cars or not, please let me know.
I paid msrp for one on the lot in central FL from Mullinax. This was back in October before this ADM crap. If it was marked up I would have passed. MSRP is the value of this truck. It was built to meet a price point. Not worth 40k. Good luck.

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Markups right now are the reason I’m not even considering a Maverick until I can order a Hybrid again and making sure I get the price I want in writing from a sales manager. I don’t want to pay mark up.

This market is going to crash at some point unless the car companies just keep inventory low to keep the prices inflated. Honestly, why would you try to get everything restocked when trickling vehicles in gets them off the lot much faster?

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Motor Company has zero incentive to rein in gouging dealers. The dealers pay royalty fees based on their profits. That's what caused Ford to close down the kickbacks dealers were giving to "A" Plan purchasers many years ago. They may pay some lip service but in the end Ford Motor is all about making money.

Sponsored

maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good thing that dealership doesn't have folks waiting for an order.....possibly the same truck as that one ...... Cause that would be a jacked up ordering system where people waiting months for a truck don't get the option to purchase those sweet old "allocations" before the dealership marks it up 15K .......
And HERE... is my entire problem with the markups. Along with Dealers getting "Dealer stock" while many are waiting 7 months now without a build date.

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If and when I get my maverick. As long as I have waited. If somebody offered me $5000 or more over the MSRP. I would take it.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone else notice they added $695 for an alarm that’s already a factory installed item?
If the truck was a $34k MSRP wouldn't it have already had the bedliner they are also charging $495 for?

This is a budget vehicle. I can't believe anyone would even pause to THINK they might still want it for 1 cent over MSRP. Insane.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

what no 4k tow package, I'll pass.

Sponsored

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Markups right now are the reason I’m not even considering a Maverick until I can order a Hybrid again and making sure I get the price I want in writing from a sales manager. I don’t want to pay mark up.

This market is going to crash at some point unless the car companies just keep inventory low to keep the prices inflated. Honestly, why would you try to get everything restocked when trickling vehicles in gets them off the lot much faster?
THe market wont crash for at LEAST 2(Or 6 depending on how you look at it) more years, if even then, because they are gonna milk he COVID excuse for as long as possible, and even then gas prices are just going to keep going up for the next 2+(Possible 6) years, so hybrids will always have high demand.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know what they say throw it against the wall and see if it'll stick
In essence I agree, this is mere testing of the water to see what the market will bear out. And make a huge profit... Capitalism ... like it or leave it by moving somewhere else.

Last edited:

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have no issue with ADM per se. I'm a capitalist sell it for what the market will bear. My complaint comes in like most of us on this site has ordered theirs through Ford and basically the dealer has done nothing more than the paperwork. The dealer is not paying flooring cost or any of the stuff required to have inventory. Your wait the 12 or 15 years it takes to get your Maverick built, and then the dealer tries to throw the ADM on when your truck finally arrives. And that is BS. I think in some cases dealers are intentionally doing that to try to get people to walk away from their order so the dealer will end up with the inventory basically floored for free. And yes that kind of crap needs to be cracked down on. There is a difference between fair market capitalism and screwing people over. Show me another situation where a person can order a product at an agreed upon price and when it's time to go pick up that product the seller goes oh by the way we're attaching another x amount percentage on top of the agreed upon price and if you don't like it go order another one and wait another 12 or 15 years to get it.
I am in total agreement with this statement...

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
In essence I agree, this is mere testing of the water to see what the market will bear out. And make a huge profit... Capitalism - thoughts from the forum here, will Ford react to this type of market pricing in the same manner it has publicly proclaimed a week or 2 ago in regard to the Dealership Pricing of the Bronco and the F150 Lightning?
NO. Ford was not talking about LOT vehicles when they said that about the Lightning. ADM on Lot vehicles is perfectly fine according to Ford., In fact trying to get them to even comment anything otherwise on it results in silence, I know, I asked when I was in direct contact with their Marketing folks. That statement was ONLY about custom PREORDERS.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NO. Ford was not talking about LOT vehicles when they said that about the Lightning. ADM on Lot vehicles is perfectly fine according to Ford., In fact trying to get them to even comment anything otherwise on it results in silence, I know, I asked when I was in direct contact with their Marketing folks. That statement was ONLY about custom PREORDERS.
Ah got ya... good correction to my statement, I am guilty... humbled.
Sponsored