Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

• Banned
My Mav’s been everywhere man, My Mav’s been everywhere.

Crossed the country in 24 hours man

I’ve breathed the West Virginia mountain air man

1500 miles of windshield time, I’ve had my share man

My Mav’s been everywhere

My Mav’s been to:

Doylestown, Jenkinstown, Norristown,. Morgantown( twice), Harrisburg, Hershey, Chambersburg, Willow Hill, Mount Union, Frostburg, La Vale, New Germany, (Achtung Baby!)

PA, MD, WV, TN, AK, TX through em all man

I drove the downtown streets of Nashville man,

Learned a lot about my Mav in 24 hours man

My Mav’s been everywhere

My Mav’s been to:

Nutter Park, Stonewood , Flatwoods, I crossed the Salt Lick creek, Gassaway, Frametown, Big Otter, Wallback, Mink Shoals,. Ceredo, Olive Hill,. Bluegrass Station,. Bowling Green, Lexington, Nashville,. Horse Cave, next to Massive Cave, Cave City, Portland, Kingston Springs, Ashland city, Buffalo, Cuba Landing, Somerville, Oakland, Memphis, Little Rock, Texarkana, Gum Springs, Okolona and FRISCO, TEXAS!!!!!

Bought from Chapman Ford of Philly. Was supposed to have been courtesy delivered to Dallas but they “forgot” to do it. They are very nice so I will give them the benefit of doubt. Picking it up was seamless and quick. My friend pointed out they could have sold it for $5K over MSRP to someone else rather than at 4% below MSRP to me and that’s why it wasn’t courtesy delivered. Who knows, I got it now.

Here are my thoughts after 24 hours and 1500 miles of driving. Only adding what I think is relevant:

The dashboard looks awesome in person. Not cheap like the pics.

Vehicle is plenty big (I come from a 17 Tucson) but with front seat back, there is little leg room behind. I am 6’4’’ and fit fine even with a sunroof.

The electric rear window is priceless allowing you to open the sunroof or front windows and get a nice draft.

Even the air vents on the dash have a solid and substantial feel to them. Not cheap at all.

Overall I averaged a little over 33 mpg , varied speed a lot but I am a 5 miles over the speed limit kinda guy.

I had driven 185 miles before it occurred to me it’s an ECVT. Hadn’t even noticed. That said, there is a lack of power above 80 mph.

Doors close with a thunk, it rides like a truck and the horn is nice and loud. Manly if I am able to use that type of description here without offending anyone. 😉

1 touch up and down on all 4 windows from the drivers seat is awesome but the cup holders seem far away from my reach and I have long arms.

Maybe I’ve never noticed but it’s nice to be able to run the front windshield defrost as well as blow it out the vents at the same time.

It’s 90 degrees today and the AC is BUMPIN! It cools the truck quickly.

Whoever said the speedometer needs marks every 5 mph is totally spot on.

All my friends and family kept calling me along the drive to see how I liked the truck. It’s great to finally have it. Been averaging 45 mpg in the city since I got home late Thursday night.

Saw another Mav in Mount Vernon, TX and I got all giddy waving wildly at them like an 8 year old finding someone else liked what they liked. I really gotta grow up.

The last pic shows that not even 24 hours in my garage and friends have me using my truck like a real truck!

Ford Maverick [1500 miles in 24 hours] My Mav's Been Everywhere Man, My Mav's Been Everywhere.......an Attempt at a Song,  My Initial Thoughts and Some Pics! IMG_20220505_113600

Ford Maverick [1500 miles in 24 hours] My Mav's Been Everywhere Man, My Mav's Been Everywhere.......an Attempt at a Song,  My Initial Thoughts and Some Pics! IMG_20220505_114109

Ford Maverick [1500 miles in 24 hours] My Mav's Been Everywhere Man, My Mav's Been Everywhere.......an Attempt at a Song,  My Initial Thoughts and Some Pics! IMG_20220505_121453

Ford Maverick [1500 miles in 24 hours] My Mav's Been Everywhere Man, My Mav's Been Everywhere.......an Attempt at a Song,  My Initial Thoughts and Some Pics! IMG_20220505_164337

Ford Maverick [1500 miles in 24 hours] My Mav's Been Everywhere Man, My Mav's Been Everywhere.......an Attempt at a Song,  My Initial Thoughts and Some Pics! IMG_20220505_164350

Ford Maverick [1500 miles in 24 hours] My Mav's Been Everywhere Man, My Mav's Been Everywhere.......an Attempt at a Song,  My Initial Thoughts and Some Pics! IMG_20220506_121638

Ford Maverick [1500 miles in 24 hours] My Mav's Been Everywhere Man, My Mav's Been Everywhere.......an Attempt at a Song,  My Initial Thoughts and Some Pics! IMG_20220506_153654
Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any tread left on the tires? Congrats, Happy Motoring.

sunlover

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My XL hybrid goes into production on Wednesday. It will be delivered to my old dealership in Bullhead city Arizona and I will be flying out to pick it up & drive it home to Florida!! Can’t wait to share my trip !! Congratulations on your new truck

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Frisco Joe,

Did you have a second driver or did you do all the driving??. Have you recovered yet???

Sounds like the 24 hours of Le Mans!!

Ztnichol

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congratulations! You drove through my area, wish I was able to see you passing through! Still waiting for my order, only seen 1 in my area so far.

Sponsored

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same feeling (without the trip). The first time I got in and closed the door… the thunk and air pressure (like the old VW bugs) I knew it was a solid truck…. So far this has NOT been a disappointment.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My Mav’s been everywhere

My Mav’s been to:

Doylestown, Jenkinstown, Norristown,. Morgantown( twice), Harrisburg, Hershey, Chambersburg, Willow Hill, Mount Union, Frostburg, La Vale, New Germany, (Achtung Baby!)

My Mav’s been everywhere

My Mav’s been to:

Nutter Park, Stonewood , Flatwoods, I crossed the Salt Lick creek, Gassaway, Frametown, Big Otter, Wallback, Mink Shoals,. Ceredo, Olive Hill,. Bluegrass Station,. Bowling Green, Lexington, Nashville,. Horse Cave, next to Massive Cave, Cave City, Portland, Kingston Springs, Ashland city, Buffalo, Cuba Landing, Somerville, Oakland, Memphis, Little Rock, Texarkana, Gum Springs, Okolona and FRISCO, TEXAS!!!!!

Bought from Chapman Ford of Philly. Was supposed to have been courtesy delivered to Dallas but they “forgot” to do it. They are very nice so I will give them the benefit of doubt. Picking it up was seamless and quick. My friend pointed out they could have sold it for $5K over MSRP to someone else rather than at 4% below MSRP to me and that’s why it wasn’t courtesy delivered. Who knows, I got it now.

Here are my thoughts after 24 hours and 1500 miles of driving. Only adding what I think is relevant:

Vehicle is plenty big (I come from a 17 Tucson) but with front seat back, there is little leg room behind. I am 6’4’’ and fit fine even with a sunroof.

The electric rear window is priceless allowing you to open the sunroof or front windows and get a nice draft.

Even the air vents on the dash have a solid and substantial feel to them. Not cheap at all.

Overall I averaged a little over 33 mpg , varied speed a lot but I am a 5 miles over the speed limit kinda guy.

I had driven 185 miles before it occurred to me it’s an ECVT. Hadn’t even noticed. That said, there is a lack of power above 80 mph.

Doors close with a thunk, it rides like a truck and the horn is nice and loud. Manly if I am able to use that type of description here without offending anyone. 😉

1 touch up and down on all 4 windows from the drivers seat is awesome but the cup holders seem far away from my reach and I have long arms.

Maybe I’ve never noticed but it’s nice to be able to run the front windshield defrost as well as blow it out the vents at the same time.

All my friends and family kept calling me along the drive to see how I liked the truck. It’s great to finally have it. Been averaging 45 mpg in the city since I got home late Thursday night.

Saw another Mav in Mount Vernon, TX and I got all giddy waving wildly at them like an 8 year old finding someone else liked what they liked. I really gotta grow up.

The last pic shows that not even 24 hours in my garage and friends have me using my truck like a real truck!

IMG_20220505_113600.jpg

IMG_20220505_114109.jpg

IMG_20220505_121453.jpg

IMG_20220505_164337.jpg

IMG_20220505_164350.jpg

IMG_20220506_121638.jpg

IMG_20220506_153654.jpg
Can’t wait to hear your version of Ring of Fire lol

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What kind of mileage did you get crossing the country?

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You got the same build as mine except with the Hybrid. Mine is the Ecoboost. I completely agree with you on certain aspects of the truck that don't feel cheap such as the door thunk and air vents. They feel nice and sturdy as if they belong in a more expensive vehicle. Not only do the doors close with a thunk, but the front doors are very heavy opening and closing them. They feel nice and solid and will perform well god for bid it gets into an accident. Also, other aspects such as the B&O sound system and acoustic windshield have a premium feel and don't feel cheap in the slightest.

The sound system is phenomenal and the windshield really does a good job insulating most engine and wind noise. There is some road noise but that's to be expected on a lot of vehicles frankly. What also helps insulate noise is the thick strips of weather stripping on all four doors. They're just as beefy as they would be on an F-150 which is nice to have in a smaller vehicle with a smaller and buzzier engine. Overall, the Maverick does not disappoint. I adore this thing even if certain other aspects of it are on the cheaper side such as the plastics and thin paint. But, I went in already knowing these things considering it was built on a strict budget to keep that affordable pricing. I plan on keeping it for years to come.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My Mav’s been everywhere

My Mav’s been to:

My Mav’s been everywhere

My Mav’s been to:

IMG_20220505_113600.jpg

IMG_20220505_114109.jpg

IMG_20220505_121453.jpg

IMG_20220505_164337.jpg

IMG_20220505_164350.jpg

IMG_20220506_121638.jpg

IMG_20220506_153654.jpg
Your exuberance is invigorating and inspirational. Looking forward to have similar experiences

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's danger zone with the sunglasses on the dash, mine get borderline uncomfortable hot in the headliner sunglasses holder if I am not parked in the shade.

Great review! Can't wait to get my Hybrid, Eco is fun but I want that MPG over the power.

jmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was hoping I would have mine in time to run my youngest son down for summer college in OX, MS at the end of May but at the rate, Ford is going I will be lucky to have it in time for my oldest son's graduation in May of 2023. Happy to hear you are enjoying yours.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hahaha! My favorite part (beside the soundtrack) was “waving like an eight year old…I need to grow up.” I do the same thing- every time I see one. Congratulations on your truck!

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same feeling (without the trip). The first time I got in and closed the door… the thunk and air pressure (like the old VW bugs) I knew it was a solid truck…. So far this has NOT been a disappointment.
The sound of the solid THUNK when you close the doors. Very ASMR

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Frisco Joe,

Did you have a second driver or did you do all the driving??. Have you recovered yet???

Sounds like the 24 hours of Le Mans!!
Just me. Philly to Lexington Wed 2pm-midnight.
Lexington to Frisco Thursday, 6am-8pm.

Never.

Again.

I am too old.
Sponsored