First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford hybrid transmission plant was re-tooled in july. Production started 7/26 for the "new Maverick eCVT" transmissions, on the same line as the current/previous escape hybrid transmission. They added a second shift at the same time. Production is supposed to be almost 1100 hybrid transmissions per day (between both shifts). The week of 8/2 they average approx 500 transmissions/day due to new employees/training. The week of 8/2, they built 139 maverick eCVT transmssions. The remainder were escape hybrid transmissions. I am being told, they have parts for more maverick eCVT transmissions, but this is the quantity the assembly plant asked for.
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The ford hybrid transmission plant was re-tooled in july. Production started 7/26 for the "new Maverick eCVT" transmissions, on the same line as the current/previous escape hybrid transmission. They added a second shift at the same time. Production is supposed to be almost 1100 hybrid transmissions per day (between both shifts). The week of 8/2 they average approx 500 transmissions/day due to new employees/training. The week of 8/2, they built 139 maverick eCVT transmssions. The remainder were escape hybrid transmissions. I am being told, they have parts for more maverick eCVT transmissions, but this is the quantity the assembly plant asked for.
Thank you for the info..."the quantity the assembly plant asked for" is a bit mysterious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobinmi

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the info..."the quantity the assembly plant asked for" is a bit mysterious.
I would suspect the maverick assembly plant is NOT producing too many mavericks daily....does anyone have any numbers of how "many" mavericks the Mexico assembly plant is building currently?

Noah

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
I would suspect the maverick assembly plant is NOT producing too many mavericks daily....does anyone have any numbers of how "many" mavericks the Mexico assembly plant is building currently?
When is the maverick ecvt production going to ramp up more?

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When is the maverick ecvt production going to ramp up more?
The second Tuesday of next week, I’m certain of it.

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's almost like Ford is hoping a lot of folks will get restless and jump to the 2.0EB.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's almost like Ford is hoping a lot of folks will get restless and jump to the 2.0EB.
I think it's more like there's one engine/transmission combination that's been built the same way for years and one engine/transmission combination that includes a new house-made part that has a new assembly procedure. 🤷‍♂️ Time will tell, I guess.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually...I had another thought about this, this morning. Do you think the EPA's GHG rules benefit Ford for having a standard with such a high EPA rating, but actually, the profit margin is much less for such a vehicle?

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually...I had another thought about this, this morning. Do you think the EPA's GHG rules benefit Ford for having a standard with such a high EPA rating, but actually, the profit margin is much less for such a vehicle?
Way back when manual transmissions had a decided fuel mileage advantage, I was was able to get some great deals on some Ford vehicles as they packaged them with some upgrades to boost their product-line fuel average. I remember getting a '92 Ranger, a '94 Explorer Sport, and a '97 F-150 XLT, all with some incentives that were claimed to be loss-leaders to offset the guzzlers. I recall that there were some Clinton-era mileage targets that incremented each year.
Perhaps the Mav Hybrid scenario is similar, but the take rate unexpected? I bet that the 2.5 Hybrid powerplant would have been wildly more popular than the 1.5 3-cylinder in the low-mid trim Bronco Sports.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
I am wondering if the new version of the eCVT(upgraded Ford-built main motor) will actually go into the Escape as well down the road.

Sponsored

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am wondering if the new version of the eCVT(upgraded Ford-built main motor) will actually go into the Escape as well down the road.
I think it's a sure thing. Ford didn't tool up an in-house motor design & mfg just to keep paying an external supplier for the essentially the same components.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
The ford hybrid transmission plant was re-tooled in july. Production started 7/26 for the "new Maverick eCVT" transmissions, on the same line as the current/previous escape hybrid transmission. They added a second shift at the same time. Production is supposed to be almost 1100 hybrid transmissions per day (between both shifts). The week of 8/2 they average approx 500 transmissions/day due to new employees/training. The week of 8/2, they built 139 maverick eCVT transmssions. The remainder were escape hybrid transmissions. I am being told, they have parts for more maverick eCVT transmissions, but this is the quantity the assembly plant asked for.
Thanks Bob for the info. It is extremely helpful to understand (sort of) why there hasn't been many Hybrids Scheduled.

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agreed, sounds like an arbitrary limit that was set by the schedulers and not the plant.

Van Dyke: "We can make more and box 'em up!"
Hermosillo: "We can assemble more and get 'em on the train!"
Detroit: "No, don't"

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in the day, when annual model changeovers were done in the middle/late summertime, the plant would be shut down for re-tooling, and then finally opened. When opened, they sometimes would assemble cars, and then Dis-Assemble them, put the parts back on the feeds to the line, and run through it again. It is a very good training tool to let people learn how to do their jobs to a good standard, AND it allows the 'genius' line designers to get their 'stuff' in one bag... find their mis-steps and fix them before the plant starts to push these babies out the door as fast as they can.
That said, 139 CVTs seems like a nice round number to put together, take apart, and put together several times over until they get it right. Ya think?
tom
Sponsored