First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for this awesome review! Especially appreciative of how the majority of it is in regard to the truck as a whole, and not specifically for EB. Those of us waiting on hybrids will still find it very informative and useful!

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Excellent, review. Thanks! What are you overall impressions of the quality of the lariat interior?
If I had to give an overall impression of the interior of the Lariat Lux I would have to give it an "Upper Middle Class". To summarize, it has a lot of bells and whistles that make it appear nicer than someone would expect. The seats appear to be well-constructed, but have a zipper down the side. I am guessing that is to save the cost of stitching in place. The steering wheel is comfortable, but the stitching seems to feel a little loose. There are many textures to the interior, so it makes it difficult to focus on only one part of the interior. The faceted inserts do not seem as cheap as I thought they would. In person, they look and feel well made. There are a few unions of textures here and there that do not quite match up, but not in a glaringly obvious way. The floor mats are well constructed and fit in nicely.

Is there any way to adjust the hood latch? I am wondering if that will correct the hood rattle.
The rattle actually seems to ba attributed to the hinges, rather than the latch. It only rattles near the windshield and you can press the hood at a hinge joint to see it wobble. This will probably be easily dampened by putting a couple rubber standoffs under the high points near the windshield. Similar to the ones you might find on larger trucks. If I try something, I will report the results. Thanks for asking.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
If I had to give an overall impression of the interior of the Lariat Lux I would have to give it an "Upper Middle Class". To summarize, it has a lot of bells and whistles that make it appear nicer than someone would expect. The seats appear to be well-constructed, but have a zipper down the side. I am guessing that is to save the cost of stitching in place. The steering wheel is comfortable, but the stitching seems to feel a little loose. There are many textures to the interior, so it makes it difficult to focus on only one part of the interior. The faceted inserts do not seem as cheap as I thought they would. In person, they look and feel well made. There are a few unions of textures here and there that do not quite match up, but not in a glaringly obvious way. The floor mats are well constructed and fit in nicely.

The rattle actually seems to ba attributed to the hinges, rather than the latch. It only rattles near the windshield and you can press the hood at a hinge joint to see it wobble. This will probably be easily dampened by putting a couple rubber standoffs under the high points near the windshield. Similar to the ones you might find on larger trucks. If I try something, I will report the results. Thanks for asking.
That will be helpful. Thank you.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are there any speed/distance limitations about driving on that "undersized" full sized spare?
The spare is just a different width/aspect-ratio than the ones on the four corners. It's still a legitimate road tire. As such, there are no speed/distance limitations as those generally are about tire carcass heating.

I think the OP was concerned with the potential for very small overall diameter differences between that tire and the others causing issues with 4WD drivetrain longevity. I'm not the expert, but I don't see that as a problem; you can finish your trip. I don't expect you'd want to keep the steel wheel and spare on forever anyway. Just fix or repair your flat when you get home!

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you recommend the Hard Roll Up or the Hard Trifold? And Which one do you think would be more durable?
It is really a matter of taste. I chose the roll-up because I wanted, at least, a little visibility out the back when open. The Tri-fold will block the rear window when all the way open. However, the roll-up creates about an 8 inch space at the cab where you can only load to the bed height and the Tri-fold can be packed higher all the way to the cab.

As far a durability goes, I thing the Tri-fold is a soft one, isn't it? I may be mistaken, but I thought I remembered that during configuration. That being said, I have used Hard Tri-fold covers in the past and found them a little more cumbersome to fold up than to roll up.

Are there any speed/distance limitations about driving on that "undersized" full sized spare?
I tried googling the spare and could not find any information on it. I wish I could answer for certain, but I think it would be marginally better than a donut.

Thank you, you did a great job explaining a lot of things. You mentioned kids, did you have car seats I just wonder how the fit in the back?
Sorry, I should have specified. They were teenagers. Best of luck with yours.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Have read lots of reviews by novice's and professionals. This has to be one of the best reviews I have come across. THANK YOU so much for the details that everyone else ignores. I for one appreciate your review. THANKS again.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Audio Source Switching - It is a bit cumbersome to switch audio sources when connected to Android Auto or Apple Carplay. Once your phone is connected, the voice commands are switched to Google/Siri and you can't tell Sync3 to switch to SiriusXM via voice. You need to use the screen to move out of your navigation, go to Sync3, then Audio, then pick your source. There may be an easier way, but I have not spent time looking yet.
Great write-up! Any thoughts you able to share about the sound quality of the B&O system? Have you put it through the paces, yet?

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest review. I also ordered the same as you except for the color and no FX-4.

I am too curious about your opinion of the sound system, especially the bass...

OP
OP
Jukebox Nero

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great write-up! Any thoughts you able to share about the sound quality of the B&O system? Have you put it through the paces, yet?
Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest review. I also ordered the same as you except for the color and no FX-4.

I am too curious about your opinion of the sound system, especially the bass...

Great question, thanks for it. I actually would have added it under "Good" if I had thought about it. I usually listened to it at 6 (quite low, but listenable). I switched through a few stations at a higher level. It was 5 by 5 (loud and clear) and seemed to have a great range of frequency response. The sound was warm, not quite what you would get from a home tube driven system.

It was easy to adjust the treble/mid/bass to my liking. The Subwoofer had a decent amount of bounce if you like that sort of thing. Not quite a Memphis competition amp and sub, but it does the job.
Sponsored