mav_nav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No rattles of any kind, other than the long snow scraper I have riding in the bed. I need to make some sort of mount for it.

Did you reattach the cover yourself, or did you take it to the dealer to take care of? I have not done mine yet, but I believe that single black screw back there is the one I need to use. I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I would like to attach it how it is intended.
Is yours attached on the left side? There is a similar screw and a punch hole in the cover on the left side too. I haven't done anything yet, just taking notes of my observations. I plan to have them all checked when I take it for an early oil change at around 2k miles.

The hood flutter is real. I noticed it right away on my way home from the dealership.

I think I am one of the cursed ones, I see and hear things most people don't. My wife didn't notice any rattles but when I pointed it out, all she had to say was "Ohhh, I hear it now", it didn't bother her at all.

For those of us who got the FX4 package, is sand mode our sport mode? :D
Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Great review (y)
Do you hear anything (door panels, trim pieces etc.) squeak or rattle at low speeds on bumpy/poor roads? I hear some rattle from the driver side rear door in my vehicle.
My steering column cover was also left unattached on both sides, I believe this was/is an assembly line issue
I hear a rattle from about 1,500-2000 rpm... I hear it coming from the front. It does it even when stationary, I dont know if its the engine itself or what it could be. My boot was also unattached.

Last edited:

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Good:
Acceleration
- The acceleration was a bit peppier than I had anticipated.

Comfort/Ride - The Maverick feels nothing like a truck inside. The ride is extremely smooth over normal roads and the steering is responsive and accurate. I opted to not have the moon roof, a choice I am happy I made. That additional 2" of headroom makes the cab feel massive. If I had one complaint on comfort to make, it would be about the tilting headrests. To be fair, the headrests are not there for comfort and the name should be changed. I have, however, ridden in vehicles with much worse headrests.

Display/Gauges - The color and highlight options chosen create enough contrast to make changes to settings grab your attention, but not so much as to be obnoxious. A couple nice features to this is an alert when a passenger unbuckles their seatbelt (and showing which passenger)

Bed Size - To tie into the previous review item, I must say that I am surprised at how much I can fit in the relatively small bed of the Maverick. I never thought I would have been able to fit the belongings of 7 (some high maintenance) people in the bed. I can't wait to haul some larger items to give it a full test.

The Bad

Initial Cleanliness
- Not sure if this should be a complaint or not since the dealer helped me rush through in time to get the truck before the Road Trip, but the interior was really messy. There was dirt and slight scuffing (non-damaging) on many of the interior panels of the truck. I don't know if it they always get unloaded looking that way, but a word to the wise - Give your dealer time to detail it for you.

Hold/Auto Start-Stop - I really wanted to list these under "Bad", but that would be just because I don't like how they work. Main reason I don't care for them is because the Maverick is a bit "jumpy" from a stop. I need to wedge the Maverick in the garage in a way that I need to creep into place. To do this, I need to lightly release the brake and let the truck inch into position. Using the Auto-Start/Stop, I would likely lurch into the garage door runner.
I've quoted the things I agree with and put in blue the things I absolutely 100% agree with. The bed size for me was perfect, pallets fit snugly and that's the biggest things I needed to move around haha. The Auto hold I always disable when I'm at a light with someone behind or especially in front of me >.< I've gotten a smooth release of the brakes once with auto hold but it's too much effort compared to holding the brakes yourself.

The underseat storage on a hybrid has been disappointing. That battery takes up a good chunk of space, without it it would have been perfect I think but damn.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You may have already answered this but how are the interior plastics holding up after a few months? Seen lots of complaints about how easy they are to scuff up and scratch