willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed some truck bed LED lights tied to the 12V bed power, and realized it would not turn on until after turning on the car.

Digging through the manual I see for 12V, " When you switch the vehicle on, you can use the socket to power 12 V appliances with a maximum current rating of 15 A"

Hopefully there is some workaround so that the lights can be flicked on without having to turn on the car each time. Would be nice to not have to turn on the car when I just want to grab something out of the bed of the truck and have the lights come on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed some truck bed LED lights tied to the 12V bed power, and realized it would not turn on until after turning on the car.

Digging through the manual I see for 12V, " When you switch the vehicle on, you can use the socket to power 12 V appliances with a maximum current rating of 15 A"

Hopefully there is some workaround so that the lights can be flicked on without having to turn on the car each time. Would be nice to not have to turn on the car when I just want to grab something out of the bed of the truck and have the lights come on.
Sounds like you'll have to bypass the factory hookup and run a wire directly from the battery. Which I agree should be that way from the factory

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like you'll have to bypass the factory hookup and run a wire directly from the battery. Which I agree should be that way from the factory
Same with bed lights.

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
I wired mine up the accessory wires and it works on a timer after you have had the key in the on position. I don't know how long before it times out though. I discovered this because I thought I blew a fuse... Nope just have to reset the timer with the key. A bypass would be more functional.

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess that’s a pro to the hybrid just somewhat, can remote start and while idling the engine doesn’t come on with accessory power so the 12v should be fine (unless your battery is low obviously). Please correct me if I’m wrong

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what if you accidentally left the bed lights on? You'd be ok with returning to a dead battery?