TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I stopped by today to make introductions in person and get their full take. The issue they seem to have is with Allstate never fully examining a vehicle, or forgetting things. During my freezing cold virtual call with the adjuster we very specifically covered the passenger side of the vehicle. Broken wheel, door dented from being pushed into stop sign, etc. The adjuster even mentioned these things himself. None of that was on the estimate. Now that they've had their say, the check is being sent. Hoping to have it back in 3 weeks or so. But it sounded like they've been dealing with poor performance from Allstate for quite some time.

Everybody's experiences with insurance can vary, but it's pretty well known that some are just brutal to deal with when you have a claim. I've been with Nationwide for about 40 years and have not had a bad experience yet. Years back when my wife's Saturn got hit, they came, cut a check and just said get it fixed. Last fall when her Escape got totaled by a guy who ran a red light, they kept us in the loop every step of the way. From the accident up to the time they told us how much they're cutting us a check for to cover our loss was about 2 weeks. And the value they gave us for her Escape I couldn't argue with, they fairly accounted for it's better than average condition and the new tires it had, too.

I'm happy to see yours will be fixed. One more Maverick that doesn't become a donor vehicle on a salvage lot, and another Maverick owner who doesn't have to wait until the next order bank opportunity to attempt to replace their loss.
Sponsored

BruceK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cruze, 1964 Mercury, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sad to see. As long as nobody was seriously hurt though, then the Maverick did it’s job superbly. You going to try for another one?

OP
OP
xSWMIx

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad to see. As long as nobody was seriously hurt though, then the Maverick did it’s job superbly. You going to try for another one?
It's going to be fixed

Sponsored

Steelie Van

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 XL Hyb in transit, ‘91 Comanche, “91 Cherokee,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Jumping on the Allstate hate, I had them for a couple of years but jumped off when I did I also heard they are one of the worst around as well. I know someone said to avoid ones with a lot of national tv ads, that's probably a smart bet. Currently with Acuity and a minor fender bender and I had a check within 3 days for the tow fee and had zero issues with them.
High thoughts on an excellent repair or super high payout, glad no harm to folks involved.

Good info and perspectives in posts regarding insurance!

Living in a “No Fault” state, insurance claims appear straightforward, but unless one has extra coverage for rental car coverage you are on your own.

As a longtime 30+ years with Allstate my three repair experiences have been all good.
learning here ispicking the right body shop, and not going to the captive shop.

With some older vehicles, my potential issue with insurance is that the cars will be written-off if there is any form of collision damage. MAV’s have high value as they are all new, so hopefully repair will be an option for us all should we need it.

Just a counterpoint, will look at Travelers as rates are pretty steep even for a three car mature (cars and persons) household🤪.

OP
OP
xSWMIx

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I have your bed cover ?
Yes, but it will be expensive. The cover not only has 10 months of intensive experience at it's job but is also a combat tested veteran, emerging unscathed (physically leastways) from a brutal tour of duty.

Seriously though, the truck is being repaired. I still need the cover.

OP
OP
xSWMIx

xSWMIx

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: Mav is still in the shop. I was initially told the end of this week, now pushed back to end of next week "hopefully". I called my insurance company to ask about pursuing a diminished value claim. They basically told me that I was on my own. I contacted the at-fault driver's company and filed a claim. Nothing happened for a long time so I called back to check up. The people on the phone were pretty abrupt and rude about it but eventually patched me through to the adjuster. She was out so I left a message. Later in the day I received an email from another adjuster saying that he had reviewed the claim and denied it because we are both MI insured drivers so there's no diminished value claim. Oddly, at the end of his email he double copied a warning about the criminality of insurance fraud as his signature. I looked at this pretty thoroughly and MI is indeed a diminished value state. Not sure if this requires a lawyer or not but that's sort of a non-starter since the claim is capped at 3k in MI.
Sponsored