First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many many wrong posts here that state Ford is responsible for this happening.

Ford does not sell direct to a customer but sells to the dealership. This is because laws prohibit direct sales to customers.

The dealership places the order and it is the dealership's vehicle until they sell it to the customer.

All Ford does on orders is verify that the dealership isn't placing a fake order for stock by verifying that a customer of the dealership really exists.

The customer is buying from the dealership so it is the customer's responsibility when ordering to get a signed contract (Buyer's Order) signed and dated by both the customer and the General/Sales Manager of the dealership listing all costs, fees and taxes and shows the total out-the-door purchase price. Without this (Buyer's Order) any paperwork that the customer has will not be a valid binding contract and the dealership can and probably will add ADM or other junk fees on vehicle delivery.

The above signed "Buyer's Order" has been stated here over and over again on this site and by videos by Tim @fordvideoguy that this is the only contract that can protect customers from bad dealerships.

DomPere

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid (waiting on)
i Just got the call From Ford of kendall in miami. I order it in august, that My maverick arrived they send me the price break down and they said to take it or leave we will not change anything on the price 10 months waiting for my order with $500 deposit and sing Byers agreement (sadly only by me ) , called Ford they said we cant do anything just a complaint from you.

1652210625052.jpeg
Send this quote to Ford, your States Attorney General, and county prosecutor - they will take action against this crafty dealerships for this fantastic line item - limited availability (aka price gouging). Can't believe it they are charging you $299 for nitro fill, and $249 for wheel locks. My dealership - integrity - Rockwall Ford - didn't charge me an extra dime!!!!! They were there to help me - customer focus. I recommend them to anybody!

Joey1320

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Figaro
My Google Review -

"Don't expect the dealership to hold their end of the deal. They'll order you a truck at MSRP, after putting a deposit and waiting months, they'll then try to screw you by adding a "Limited Availability" price increase of $5k. They'll gladly charge you $300 for filling your airs with nitrogen, which A) Doesn't do diddly squat and B) Costs $29 at Costco. They'll charge you $249 for a $28.99 set of wheel locks. $28.99 is for the OEM set from Ford, not aftermarket, by the way. So they are literally charging you $200+ dollars for a mechanic to spend less than 2 minutes zipping off and on the lock with their impact guns. Talk about scams!!!! Find another dealer that won't be so happy to screw you over."

Their Response:

Hi, we're sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations during your visit to our dealership. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at (305) 238-9211 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Maybe reach out and see if they will help you this time.

Good luck!

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
So many many wrong posts here that state Ford is responsible for this happening.

Ford does not sell direct to a customer but sells to the dealership. This is because laws prohibit direct sales to customers.

The dealership places the order and it is the dealership's vehicle until they sell it to the customer.

All Ford does on orders is verify that the dealership isn't placing a fake order for stock by verifying that a customer of the dealership really exists.

The customer is buying from the dealership so it is the customer's responsibility when ordering to get a signed contract (Buyer's Order) signed and dated by both the customer and the General/Sales Manager of the dealership listing all costs, fees and taxes and shows the total out-the-door purchase price. Without this (Buyer's Order) any paperwork that the customer has will not be a valid binding contract and the dealership can and probably will add ADM or other junk fees on vehicle delivery.

The above signed "Buyer's Order" has been stated here over and over again on this site and by videos by Tim @fordvideoguy that this is the only contract that can protect customers from bad dealerships.
I’m just curious how Tesla circumvents this?

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

And we continue to discuss who owns the vehicle before the buyer takes possession?? To be honest, I could care less. Ford has no responsibility?? They require that they be sent the buyer's driver's license and signature. Why can't they require a copy of the buyer's order signed by the dealer rep and the buyer. It may the buyer's responsibility in your eyes, but in my eyes, Ford can step up and stop it.

There are people on this forum who seem to think that if a buyer did not get a dealer signed buyer's order, that they just were not using their head. Actually, they did not know they needed to because in the past when the lots overflowed with cars, a dealer would not even think about ADM. I bought my first car 58 years ago and never had to think about a sales order being signed by the dealer. I was just lucky this time that the dealer did so because I doubt I would have asked him to. Needless to say I was lucky and he was honest!!

Not everyone had the knowledge gained from this forum and FordVideoGuy when they thought they were "buying" their car.

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a crazy idea. Don't buy it
The OP waited 10 months, not so easy to just not buy it, people have a lot invested in this process, how many opportunities do they pass up for other vehicles waiting for the Maverick. I would be furious if this happened to me, f that.. just don’t buy it, it’s worth fighting for.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a crazy idea. Don't buy it
Right, do not buy it! Let the dealer make his 5K or more because he does not have enough honesty to honor the "deal" you thought you had. If, he was honest, why didn't he tell you upfront before you waited ten months. It sucks because you are the only loser, no matter what you do.....

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And we continue to discuss who owns the vehicle before the buyer takes possession?? To be honest, I could care less.
Sure ignore the elephant in the room because that makes your point right.

The dealership owns the vehicle until it is sold to the customer.

Ford has no responsibility?? They require that they be sent the buyer's driver's license and signature. Why can't they require a copy of the buyer's order signed by the dealer rep and the buyer. It may the buyer's responsibility in your eyes, but in my eyes, Ford can step up and stop it.
Because FORD is not selling the vehicle to the customer of the dealership. A "Buyer's Order" is between the dealership and their customer. Ford is not allowed to interfere in what a dealership does with the vehicle the dealership owns.

There are people on this forum who seem to think that if a buyer did not get a dealer signed buyer's order, that they just were not using their head.
So you really think that them not getting one was using their head.

Not everyone had the knowledge gained from this forum and FordVideoGuy when they thought they were "buying" their car.
Nothing prevented them from going back to the dealership and getting a "Buyer's Order" done before their vehicle was delivered. In fact doing so the customer would have found out then if the dealership was a good one and did the "Buyer's Order" with the expected sales price or if the dealership was going to screw the customer with either mark-ups or if they refused to do a "Buyer's Order" that would be a red flag that they were going to add costs on delivery.

In fact that is exactly what I did when I learned about what a "Buyer's Order" was and how it is a valid contract that protects you from price add-ons when you purchase your ordered vehicle from a dealership when it gets delivered.

I ordered on 8/23 and all I had was a DORA signed by me. After learning about what a "Buyer's Order" was I went back into the dealership and had a "Buyer's Order" done listing all costs, fees and taxes with a final out-the-door price signed and dated by myself and the Sales Manager of the dealership.

With that done I had no worries about what my Maverick would cost me and allowed me to sell my 2015 Honda Fit Ex to Carvana 7 weeks before I got my Maverick.

Buyer's Order shown below had the personal info cropped out but was signed and dated by me and the Sales Manager of the dealership.

Ford Maverick 10 month waiting for My XLT hybrid   Dealer 5k markup Buyer's Order
Sponsored

Last edited: