First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We hope you bought from Al Packer Ford in Middle River Maryland. If so, relax because they honored everything from our November 2021 order that arrived April 2, 2022. X pricing, military rebate and 36 month/0% financing. Hope all Maryland dealers do the same.

Good luck!
I didn't, but good to know. A buddy of mine ordered from one an hour away the same day as me and got his a few weeks ago. No mark up. So that's good. I can use both as examples. I ordered from Upper Marlboro Ford. Small dealership. They seem decent and have a lot of good reviews...but still worried.
Sponsored

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t you guys think it is time to start a do not trust list / forum that we can start with a buyers checklist (to ensure we are protecting ourselves by buying right) then a documented list of dealers that screw us. We could develop our own paperwork that we could have the dealers sign - no nitro - no LoJack - no paint protection - no other add ones not on buyers agreement. @Administrator would this be okay on the forum?
Peraps one of us is a lawyer and could do some pro-bono to help us out.
Someone linked this site on another post the other day, I think it applies and is a good resource: https://markups.org/

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This happened to me and I had signed paperwork, didn’t mean shit. $7,500 markup the day before it arrived.
If you don't mind my asking, what sort of paperwork did you have and who signed it?

Could you post an image (with your personal information blacked out, of course)?

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s a shame, you wait so long for it, then the dealer tries to shaft you so they can sell it to someone else. I hope it all works out for you.
i hope my dealer doesn’t try it on me. I pre traded my truck and have a signed bill of sale with dealers signature and final numbers out the door. aOrdered August of last year. Lariat Hybrid RR FE.
The way their marking them, it may not have been a mistake to pre trade mine.

SWFLGulf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not that it did any good for me, but if you printed your window sticker on the bottom under TOTAL MSRP it says SPECIAL ORDER. I argued that I ordered my truck with only 2 options. I did not ask for "Dealer Aftermarkets" ($1295.00). Told it was dealership policy for any vehicle that came through them. Take it or leave it. With so many people waiting on these trucks, they could sell it 10 mins after I walked out. All I can do now is tell people to beware of Tamiami Ford in Naples. Last time I will purchase a FORD.

Sponsored

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not that it did any good for me, but if you printed your window sticker on the bottom under TOTAL MSRP it says SPECIAL ORDER. I argued that I ordered my truck with only 2 options. I did not ask for "Dealer Aftermarkets" ($1295.00). Told it was dealership policy for any vehicle that came through them. Take it or leave it. With so many people waiting on these trucks, they could sell it 10 mins after I walked out. All I can do now is tell people to beware of Tamiami Ford in Naples. Last time I will purchase a FORD.
That's the power the consumer has. There's a lot of trucks out there and with ev trucks proving to be the next hot item, you can expect more choices than ever when these supply chain issues are resolved. Consumers will not forget what manufacturers protected them and what manufacturers protected their bloodsucking dealers. And Ford's priorities in this case are a damned important indicator of how trustworthy they will prove in other areas. Are they going to try to coverup a defect vs having a necessary safety recall because it will be costly/difficult for their dealers to handle and the potential risk to their customers is less important to them? I wonder.

Powerstroke46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT,velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Total Bullshit(extortion) that's what it is, Ford has no balls to let this keep going on, that little emblem on the front of these trucks should mean trust and return customers,they apparently don't give a rats ass about either.sorry to hear about this B.S.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's only free at Costco if you buy tires from them. It's a 29.99 service otherwise
well here in El Paso you just roll up and self fill. they don't check.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
i Just got the call From Ford of kendall in miami. I order it in august, that My maverick arrived they send me the price break down and they said to take it or leave we will not change anything on the price 10 months waiting for my order with $500 deposit and sing Byers agreement (sadly only by me ) , called Ford they said we cant do anything just a complaint from you.

1652210625052.jpeg
And we have the leader for Scumbag Dealer of the Week................

jjMichigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
At this point people that are having these problems need to start calling their State Attorney General Office, contacting local TV Stations and talking to state legislators on this. Dealers start getting calls from State AG offices about dealer practices, or see state legislation in how they operate because of pricing will hold 1000x more power than what Ford can do because of the franchises laws they are required to operate under. Remember you are not buying a Maverick from Ford you are buying it from a dealer, and you have to buy it from a dealer because the dealer lobby has incredible power in state legislatures with the donations they give. They get laws written to benefit them so use the process against them dealers have been doing this for 50 years.

Luckily for me I have a great dealer and don't have to deal with any of this. Start shaking some big trees over this. If anyone is in the same area and has had the same dealer do it to you all the better the more complaints the better. You might walk away from the Maverick but doing so helps the next guy out and will help you out the next time you go and buy a vehicle.

I also suspect that when State AG offices start calling and doing reviews you'll see a few dealers get smacked pretty hard over their sales practices and some might even loose their franchises. What some of them are doing is criminal and illegal they know that an individual can't afford the lawyer and time to see it though, State AG offices don't have that issue.

Sponsored

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer is the one who prepared the buyer's agreement... if they didn't intend for the price reflected on it to be final, they should have either clearly included the markup and accessories on the agreement, or included clear language that the price they had proposed on the agreement is not final and is subject to market conditions at the time of delivery. I would blow them up on every review site I could find.

Also, why is Ford even accepting customer orders that are not legally binding upon the dealers?
why is Ford accepting non legally binding orders? Because they know that the truck is either going to get sold to the original customer or the dealer is going to pay for it, they really don't care if the customer gets screwed they just want to sell trucks.
Sponsored