First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I ordered June 10th, they didn't require a deposit and I didn't sign any type of agreement. All I got was the build sheet. This was well before the truck came out and we knew about markups so how was I to know? My biggest fear now is getting screwed over. If they do, I will threaten to slander them everywhere possible, post it everywhere, get them tons of negative reviews, and also use the military card since I've been serving for 21 years and still going and live in a heavily populated military area. Doing that is not like me, but if they screw me over after waiting over a year, they will deserve it. I can't even relax until I know for sure they won't do a markup. Such a horrible feeling knowing that's not a guarantee and they can do whatever they want.
We hope you bought from Al Packer Ford in Middle River Maryland. If so, relax because they honored everything from our November 2021 order that arrived April 2, 2022. X pricing, military rebate and 36 month/0% financing. Hope all Maryland dealers do the same.

Good luck!
Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer is the one who prepared the buyer's agreement... if they didn't intend for the price reflected on it to be final, they should have either clearly included the markup and accessories on the agreement, or included clear language that the price they had proposed on the agreement is not final and is subject to market conditions at the time of delivery. I would blow them up on every review site I could find.

Also, why is Ford even accepting customer orders that are not legally binding upon the dealers?
The dealer orders from Ford. Ford doesn't accept customer orders. The issue that Ford has w/ the dealer is that Ford granted them allocation for a retail order....that is not being sold to the customer that the allocation was granted for. So they are abusing the system to get a stock vehicle.

Ford is becoming stricter on the % of retail orders than must be sold to the person for whom it was ordered. Dealers will lose allocation if they don't have a certain % of sales matching the COVP/ROVP.

Obviously it doesn't reflect well on Ford for dealers to be doing this, but Ford doesn't have control of which vehicle is sold to which customer. Controlling future allocation seems to be only tool they have/are willing to use now.

These dealers are not doing themselves any favors in the future. People will remember which dealerships engaged in these practices and which didn't.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if this 5k markup happens and you refuse to pay it can they then cancel your order and sell your truck while you try and sue them in court? Could you accept the 5k markup and still sue, or since you accept it then you have no recourse? I am just trying to plan my strategy when I get my truck hopefully in a month or two.
Cancelling your order isn't a thing, since they have the truck. If you don't buy, they can sell to someone else.

Did you talk to the dealer ahead of time? Know if they will honor your agreement or try and add mark-up?

Deleted member 9552

This is WAY more than a $5,000 markup! Almost every line item is inflated beyond reason.

Hope you find a solution. Everyone’s circumstances are different, but I hope you can put up some resistance, even if you walk away, I’d still picket the place with signs like “Ask me about my experience trying to purchase a car here.”
Signs should be simple... How about "Get screwed here - Keep your pants on".

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i Just got the call From Ford of kendall in miami. I order it in august, that My maverick arrived they send me the price break down and they said to take it or leave we will not change anything on the price 10 months waiting for my order with $500 deposit and sing Byers agreement (sadly only by me ) , called Ford they said we cant do anything just a complaint from you.

1652210625052.jpeg
Didn't you get a price on your order confirmation?

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if it hasn’t already been advised, contact Mike Levine on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrlevine?s=21&t=E8aS-74RBdzUfHTMfYNcdQ
If this was a retail order, check your DORA for the priority code or your window sticker, he’ll reach out from Ford on your behalf. Most have favorable outcomes after he’s contacted the dealership.

OP
OP
luciusxlt

luciusxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They actually named a markup “ limited availability”??? lol bold

did you take it?
Hi, No i did not it defeats the purpose of this car to have a economical nice truck .

OP
OP
luciusxlt

luciusxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure if it hasn’t already been advised, contact Mike Levine on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mrlevine?s=21&t=E8aS-74RBdzUfHTMfYNcdQ
If this was a retail order, check your DORA for the priority code or your window sticker, he’ll reach out from Ford on your behalf. Most have favorable outcomes after he’s contacted the dealership.
hi i did no response , Ford CEO in twitter no response , ford facebook, they said there is nothing they can do , called ford made a complain they said nothing they can do

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
hi i did no response , Ford CEO in twitter no response , ford facebook, they said there is nothing they can do , called ford made a complain they said nothing they can do
Did you DM or tag him in a post?

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This happened to me and I had signed paperwork, didn’t mean shit. $7,500 markup the day before it arrived. In the end, I lost out and realized that there’s almost no consumer protections in any state. They claim there are but nothing gets enforced and these shitheads know it. F nearly 100% of Ford dealerships at this point. “Supply chain” blah blah more like “give me more money, thanks”. They are going to do this to some nutjob and we will see it all over news, shocked it hasn’t happened yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP
luciusxlt

luciusxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you DM or tag him in a post?
yes i did multiple times it's sad 10 months of waiting and now will need to wait until the 2023 orders start and try to get a good dealer .

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if this 5k markup happens and you refuse to pay it can they then cancel your order and sell your truck while you try and sue them in court? Could you accept the 5k markup and still sue, or since you accept it then you have no recourse? I am just trying to plan my strategy when I get my truck hopefully in a month or two.
Could one write a check with the "Paid under protest", leaving you the option to pay the mark up, but take it to Small Claims Court & state your case to the Judge? If the Judge agrees that you have a good case, the dealer refunds the overcharge. I'm not a lawyer, but just thinking out loud?

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could one write a check with the "Paid under protest", leaving you the option to pay the mark up, but take it to Small Claims Court & state your case to the Judge? If the Judge agrees that you have a good case, the dealer refunds the overcharge. I'm not a lawyer, but just thinking out loud?
Or paid under duress?
Sponsored