First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Alto Blue w/lux package and moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1 Year ago I acquired my 2022 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue Maverick. The options it has are Lux Package, moodroof, Copilot 360, and rubber mats. I did not order my Mav, I got lucky and found it as incoming dealer stock, and paid $1000 over MSRP. Overall, I think it was a steal.

Some thoughts and facts:

I have 16000mi on it.

I get 36-38mpg typically. I think this is pretty good considering most of my miles are on the interstate going 70-80mph. I do notice that it does better in mild temps(50-80 degrees), and mileage gets a bit worse in the heat or cold.

Power wise, it is adequate. Doesn't feel sluggish. I haven't towed, but I have hauled stuff in the bed with no issue.

Space is great. Front seats are very comfortable. Back has more room than you'd expect. Storage under bench is nice, but I do wish it had split access.

I added a Gator SFX Tri Fold cover. I love having a cover, and this one is great for the price. Makes the bed into a huge trunk.

XLT style is great. The cloth is nice. I don't regret not getting a Lariat. The only Lariat feature I really miss is AAC. Lux Package was a must for me because of heated seats. The heated steering wheel is nicer than I expected. Lux features in the bed are nice too.

Copilot tech is nice. Again, I wish I had ACC. infotanment screen is a bit buggy. I have had it freeze a couple times. And the "For your safety" popup that happens when using Carplay is quite annoying. I hope they fix that software at some point. The backup camera is quite good though. Gage screen is small but also wastes space. I wish you could have a digital speedometer and EV coach on at the same time.(Average MPG would be nice too)

Alto Blue is a fine color. I wanted Area 51 or Cactus Grey, but it's alright. I did scratch my left rear against a poll which is unfortunate. But you only notice it up close.

I didn't really want a moonroof, but it's nicer than I expected. Not huge, but it does let in a nice amount of air.

I have had one mechanical issue. One day in the summer I went out to my car and it was dead. Black screens. No sign of life. I was able to jump it and take it to the dealer though. This apparently was the common issue of something being loose in the wiring harness. Dealer fixed it within 2 days. They also drilled the holes in the bottom for the fire recall. I'm supposed to do an airbag recall too once the parts are in.

All in all, I am a big fan, and the Maverick has more than met my expectations. It is a great value if you can find one without huge markups.
I would love for Ford to make an AWD hybrid version, and also put that powertrain into the Bronco Sport. Rumor is that their may be a Hybrid Bronco Sport in 2024 so I look forward to that.

Ford Maverick 1 YEAR REVIEW - Hybrid XLT '22 Alto Blue a

Ford Maverick 1 YEAR REVIEW - Hybrid XLT '22 Alto Blue b

Ford Maverick 1 YEAR REVIEW - Hybrid XLT '22 Alto Blue c

Ford Maverick 1 YEAR REVIEW - Hybrid XLT '22 Alto Blue d
Sponsored