First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Hybrid Lariat,No Deletes,10/5/21 order 11/5/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just remember that 99.9% of hybrids are flawless. Don't let that 0.01% cloud your judgement.
Unless you get the 0.01% like I did :(
Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
12k on the clock and averaging 37 mpg after a full calendar year. Alot of rural highways with quite a bit of dirt/gravel and softroading. Zero issues with my hybrid. 10/10 rating for my needs. Does the truck stuff I need, comfortable for passengers, and amazing efficiency to boot. Glad I didn't spend the $ for AWD like I almost did because I've never needed it.

Even this morning after 8ish" of snow late yesterday and early AM. Started in town and headed out to the county for errands. Roads were completely untouched except for the state routes (not unusual). Same for the gravel driveways I had to tackle if I didn't want to hike in. A couple were kind of steep and I had my doubts. But the FWD with Michelin CC2 crawled up without too much drama. Didn't even have to turn traction control off. I wasn't driving fast or like a WRC driver out there but it got the job done with ease. Even though today was def one of the few days a full winter tire is called for her in southern/east central WI. But since there wasn't much ice involved I'd say the CC2 was 80% as good as an X-Ice Snow.

Breakfast at the diner this morning
IMG_1622.jpg

Yesterday around 4 after just a few inches
IMG_1617.jpg

This morning at my friend's unplowed apartment lot to show how much we're dealing with. It was rougher out in the county
IMG_1626.jpg

My one regret? Not getting the lux package. Because this could have been avoided when I told a teenager to go move my truck and he failed to notice my wipers were up. I have a touchup pen of VB on order as I type because I literally CAN NOT look away from those tiny paint chips right in my eyeline. So don't forget to put those wiper blades down folks.

My kingdom for a wiper de-icer heating element.

IMG_1625.jpg
Never put the wipers up like that, because that is exactly what can happen. I don't know exactly when this goofy trend started, but it seems to have been about 5 or 6 years ago. when you approach your vehicle, just lift each wiper up from the windshield & shake it a little, then it's not frozen to it, make sure to turn the wipers to the off position before you shut the vehicle off, so they don't activate until you have scraped the windshield. Unless you have hands the size of a baseball glove it's very easy to do, I just did it Saturday.

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the review!!! How steep of hills did you climb?

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
12k on the clock and averaging 37 mpg after a full calendar year. Alot of rural highways with quite a bit of dirt/gravel and softroading. Zero issues with my hybrid. 10/10 rating for my needs. Does the truck stuff I need, comfortable for passengers, and amazing efficiency to boot. Glad I didn't spend the $ for AWD like I almost did because I've never needed it.

Even this morning after 8ish" of snow late yesterday and early AM. Started in town and headed out to the county for errands. Roads were completely untouched except for the state routes (not unusual). Same for the gravel driveways I had to tackle if I didn't want to hike in. A couple were kind of steep and I had my doubts. But the FWD with Michelin CC2 crawled up without too much drama. Didn't even have to turn traction control off. I wasn't driving fast or like a WRC driver out there but it got the job done with ease. Even though today was def one of the few days a full winter tire is called for her in southern/east central WI. But since there wasn't much ice involved I'd say the CC2 was 80% as good as an X-Ice Snow.

Breakfast at the diner this morning
IMG_1622.jpg

Yesterday around 4 after just a few inches
IMG_1617.jpg

This morning at my friend's unplowed apartment lot to show how much we're dealing with. It was rougher out in the county
IMG_1626.jpg

My one regret? Not getting the lux package. Because this could have been avoided when I told a teenager to go move my truck and he failed to notice my wipers were up. I have a touchup pen of VB on order as I type because I literally CAN NOT look away from those tiny paint chips right in my eyeline. So don't forget to put those wiper blades down folks.

My kingdom for a wiper de-icer heating element.

IMG_1625.jpg
I to am very happy with my Maverick especially in the bad icy snowy weather.In West Tennessee we have had about three or four ice storms this year we have one last night and are having another one right now. Unfortunately I live in a rural area and they don't know what a snow plow is in the county I live in. A couple weeks ago the roads were icy for about 4 days where I live unfortunately had to go into town and my Maverick did fantastic it was the first time I had it in the ice it snow 👍☃❄. Again due to an unforeseen circumstance the wife and I had to go into town today my Maverick is just a Hybrid front wheel drive again with the roads being very icy and less snow no problems like before uphill downhill round curves no problems .👍👻🥶 I really do love that TRUCK 👻❄☃🌨❤.
Ford Maverick 1 year anniversary of with 8" of snow in FWD Maverick to celebrate! Along with a PSA. IMG_20230131_151158016_HDR
Ford Maverick 1 year anniversary of with 8" of snow in FWD Maverick to celebrate! Along with a PSA. IMG_20230131_151002587_HDR
Ford Maverick 1 year anniversary of with 8" of snow in FWD Maverick to celebrate! Along with a PSA. IMG_20230131_151020843_HDR

Sponsored

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the review!!! How steep of hills did you climb?
Nothing crazy for sure. A few I reguarly climb in all conditions are around 20% and it crawls up fine. Like I said if there was much ice it probably would struggle which you would expect

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I to am very happy with my Maverick especially in the bad icy snowy weather.In West Tennessee we have had about three or four ice storms this year we have one last night and are having another one right now. Unfortunately I live in a rural area and they don't know what a snow plow is in the county I live in. A couple weeks ago the roads were icy for about 4 days where I live unfortunately had to go into town and my Maverick did fantastic it was the first time I had it in the ice it snow 👍☃❄. Again due to an unforeseen circumstance the wife and I had to go into town today my Maverick is just a Hybrid front wheel drive again with the roads being very icy and less snow no problems like before uphill downhill round curves no problems .👍👻🥶 I really do love that TRUCK 👻❄☃🌨❤.
IMG_20230131_151158016_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230131_151002587_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230131_151020843_HDR.jpg
That's a nice glaze for sure! Ice is the scariest condition indeed. Unless you have studded tires (which are illegal in WI) not much will save you if it comes as a surprise.

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a nice glaze for sure! Ice is the scariest condition indeed. Unless you have studded tires (which are illegal in WI) not much will save you if it comes as a surprise.
Yes I agree 100 percent . Same thing in Tn no studded snow tires . I don't like ice ☹ I can take the Snow no problem but no ice . But still our Mavericks do good in it for what they are . 👻 🥶 But one thing I did notice my headlights and DLRs iced over guess need to put some rain X on them ??? Do take care and stay warm up in WI . 🙂

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got a hill to get up to get in my garage...a little nervous about that!

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put them on in November. So impossible to tell since my mpg dropped with the weather anyway. Maybe 1 or 2 mpg but it's worth it for the performance imo
a lot of folks on the toyota forum I'm also on seem to like the CC2s. I don't know a ton about tires but what is the main performance benefit with these? and other than the small hit in MPG what are the downsides?

Sponsored

alh01

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
a lot of folks on the toyota forum I'm also on seem to like the CC2s. I don't know a ton about tires but what is the main performance benefit with these? and other than the small hit in MPG what are the downsides?
Tirerack ranks these very highly. They are considered a 4 season tire, ie three peak rated, as opposed to just "allseason" which are really three season. The negatives are allegedly a bit more noise and drag (lower mpg).

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The main performance benefit is snow/ice performance combined with cold/dry and wet performance. A full winter tire is amazing on snow and especially ice because it has so much siping, but that means somewhat compromised performance in all other conditions. As well as the soft compound which means you have to remove them in the spring. So if you live somewhere like I do in southern WI where 95% of winter days are going to be clear and cold that level of ability just isn't needed. In the spring/summer/fall they perform as just a regular good quality all season tire. Tbh there isn't really a downside for me. They cost a bit more but it's totally worth it to not deal with a second set of wheels. Everything in life is a compromise, but when it comes to tires these are pretty darn close to being perfect if you aren't in extreme northern conditions.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The main performance benefit is snow/ice performance combined with cold/dry and wet performance. A full winter tire is amazing on snow and especially ice because it has so much siping, but that means somewhat compromised performance in all other conditions. As well as the soft compound which means you have to remove them in the spring. So if you live somewhere like I do in southern WI where 95% of winter days are going to be clear and cold that level of ability just isn't needed. In the spring/summer/fall they perform as just a regular good quality all season tire. Tbh there isn't really a downside for me. They cost a bit more but it's totally worth it to not deal with a second set of wheels.
I have to think on the material the tires are made from there is always some compromise. Like these won't perform as well in the summer as a more typical all-season tire and obviously not as well as a dedicated summer tire. If I'm wrong I guess the materials science industry has come up with something pretty cool here. Thanks for the explanation.

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to think on the material the tires are made from there is always some compromise. Like these won't perform as well in the summer as a more typical all-season tire and obviously not as well as a dedicated summer tire. If I'm wrong I guess the materials science industry has come up with something pretty cool here. Thanks for the explanation.
Of course always a compromise like I said. As far as "typical all-season" performance in the warm and dry these are really good in my experience. They def felt better than the oem contis. But of course they aren't anywhere close to a summer tire or even a UHP all-season. But they aren't designed to be. They are most definitely geared more towards the winter side of things. Even if I wanted a set of summer tires for some reason on my mav, I would probably still choose the CC2 as my winter set for my needs. This guy is the best reviewer online and gives good info about performance. Check out is other videso as well. He has quite a few featuring the CC2.

OP
OP

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yeah there is one downside to the CC2 maybe. I do alot of gravel driveways and the design of the tread LOVES to pick up gravel. It doesn't seem to hold there and gets spit out ok but I do kind of worry about hammer punctures if you do alot of driving on unmaintained roads. Which probably isn't too different than most all season tires I guess but it is a thing I noticed. If I ever can score a set of cheap rims I'm probably going to out a set of A/T tires on for summer time.
Sponsored