Sponsored

1" Suspension lift... Would you do it?

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Now that the truck has been revealed at all angles, who is ready to take this truck "up" a notch when they receive it? From where I'm sitting, the truck looks like the axle line is below the body line and with that means you can more easily stuff larger tires with just a bit more clearance....

Now, I'm no engineer but I don't think another inch would hurt anybody in the next 3yr/36kmi, so I bet the additional lift of a 1 inch spacer above the coils would allow you to clear 30s, maybe 31s if you try harder... And undoubtedly make the truck look more rugged in the wild.

Have these thoughts crossed anyone else's minds?
Also, a lift kit will not allow you to run larger tires on a macpherson strut setup like the one on the Maverick. That is going to be entirely decided by the wheel well dimensions as well as the available distance between the coil perch on the strut assembly and the top of the tire. I believe 30 inches are the largest tire Bronco Sport owners have been able to fit due to an intrusive pinch weld in the wheel well near the firewall. Haven’t seen anyone willing to risk cutting into that yet but I’m sure it will change as time moves on. That’s not to say the Maverick will have the same problem but it’s a possible complication.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The real question is can it be lowered? 8.3” of ground clearance is too much for me. Drop it by 2”+ and it will be SICK!
I'm with you on this one. It's definitely the route I had intended to go with mine.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I spoke with a rep from Traxda today, who makes some pretty great lifts and they’re no stranger to lifting unibody trucks since they have a 3.5” lift kit for the Ridgeline. They said they already have a prototype for a lift kit that should work on the Bronco Sport and the Maverick!

Cole46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I would like to see a suspension lift. I have had bad experience in terms of ride quality with spacers on top of the spring or strut assembly.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally, I don't have a reason to lift it. But I can see why some might want to.

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Robby Woolworth (Owner of FordBroncoLifts) has cut the pinch weld. He also makes several kits for the Bronco Sport. He managed to fit a 30.5" tire initially with his 2" level and just trimming the pinch weld. Now he's running an even larger 32" (255/75R17) with his 2" level lift and a bit of additional trimming. When I asked, he's about 90% sure on his kits working directly on the Maverick, hopefully he'll get his hands on one and confirm fitment of his kit or design some for the Maverick. I'm sure we'll see him on this forum eventually if that's the case.

Lot of good pics and info. here:
Bronco Base Build: 2" level kit, 30.5" BFG KM3 tires, light bar, 4" Rigid light pods | Page 4 | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com

In case you can't tell, I'll be using one of his kits if all works out (y)
But the 2" level is not required to fit a 30.5" tire, you could do that with just the pinch weld trim. The pinch weld is the obstruction, not the wheel's placement in the wheel well itself, which is what a level would fix by pushing it lower in the well. I've looked over his build several times, and it's definitely something for us off-road types to aspire to. I spoke with Traxda as well and they are pretty positive their in development Bronco Sport kit will be a direct fit as well. That is a huge benefit to globalized platforms.

Sponsored

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
You are correct, no lift is required to install 30.5" tires. Just wanted to mention it as he did his 2" level in combination with the larger tire in the very first post of his thread.
Yup, just didn't want to confuse anyone reading this in the future lol.

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
Just out of curiosity, why would you buy the smallest truck on the market and then try to make it bigger? If you want bigger, couldn't you just buy a Ranger or F-150?

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Just out of curiosity, why would you buy the smallest truck on the market and then try to make it bigger? If you want bigger, couldn't you just buy a Ranger or F-150?
Most AWD vehicles are way more capable than they appear. Just look up JonDZAdventuring on youtube, he just did Imogeen pass in Colorado in a 2019 Honda Passport. They are in no way rock crawlers, meant for traversing large obstacles, or hill climbs. However if your intent is to get further away from crowds by going to more remote locations without needing 4 low in your day to day driving, then they are perfect. The function of the lift isn't to pretend to big a bigger truck, it's to compensate for clearance that is lost when airing down, for skid plates that hang lower than the stock body, or to give just a little extra clearance when off-road.

Wilth

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4 trd and Ford ecosport
I have a rav4 trd right now, and the dealer added a eibach pro lift to it, raised it 1.5 inches same idea independent suspension soft roader. No problems handles much better