Sponsored

MavDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MAZDA 3 Sedan
Hoping the "Does NOT fit hybrid models at this time." Is because they don't have one to test but will make it available once they do cuz I needs this.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Hoping the "Does NOT fit hybrid models at this time." Is because they don't have one to test but will make it available once they do cuz I needs this.
Same, I'm surprised how much better this looks.

Sponsored

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Will a 1ā€ front space lift like this have change the ride stiffness level? Is 1ā€ significant enough to bow the angle at which the tires make contact with the ground, or will the mechanics of the suspension arms autocorrect that angle?

Looks very sharp!

Last edited:

BullyHayes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Frontier Pro-4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely improves the stance. Adding that to my "If-Then" list for my potential Mav purchase.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Last edited:

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
^ Agreed, I honestly didn't really notice it that much when I saw one in person but now that I look at pictures it is quite an aggressive stance.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see how a leveling spacer kit can improve ride quality, as its not changing the springs or dampers.

Regarding why most vehicles are what they call "raked" where its slightly lower in the front than the back, this is done primarily for aerodynamics as it reduces how much air goes under the car and the center of pressure which is why even F1 cars are raked as it creates a little bit of downforce. In pickups it also helps so that the rear isn't too sagged in relation to the front when towing or with a loaded bed. While it can improve aesthetics and approach angles raising the front, note that it will also raise the front roll-center which will slightly reduce front end traction compared to the rear in turns leading to slight increase in understeer.

In short, just know that vehicles being raked from the factory wasn't an oversight or mistake by the engineers, but a specific design choice.

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
I don't see how a leveling spacer kit can improve ride quality, as its not changing the springs or dampers.

Regarding why most vehicles are what they call "raked" where its slightly lower in the front than the back, this is done primarily for aerodynamics as it reduces how much air goes under the car and the center of pressure which is why even F1 cars are raked as it creates a little bit of downforce. In pickups it also helps so that the rear isn't too sagged in relation to the front when towing or with a loaded bed. While it can improve aesthetics and approach angles raising the front, note that it will also raise the front roll-center which will slightly reduce front end traction compared to the rear in turns leading to slight increase in understeer.

In short, just know that vehicles being raked from the factory wasn't an oversight or mistake by the engineers, but a specific design choice.
My other truck is a ram 1500 and they have a very pronounced rake. People get so obsessed with leveling them and pay no attention to the body lines on them. They look silly when truely leveled and as soon as you toss a case of beer in the back you are nose high.

The biggest concern with these levelling kits is they increase CV angle and wear.

If Bilstein makes a leveling shock I might be interested. Have them in my Ram and it is a nice set up.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rough Country just announced their 1" Leveling Kit is available. Part number 51063 - $99.95 - Shipping soon

1" Leveling Kit | Ford Maverick AWD (2022) | Rough Country

View attachment 17883
View attachment 17884
View attachment 17885
View attachment 17886
Didnā€™t realize it needed a leveling kit. Itā€™s such a low truck. Not much difference between front and rear height.
šŸ˜„
Leveled trucks usually look weak once towing or hauling anything because the rear is squatting.

The Ranger on the other hand definitely looks horrible with its butt sticking in the air! Every Ranger needs a leveling kit in my opinion.

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just looking at the aesthetics, I guess I just don't get it. You could tell me the stance looks more aggressive the more it's raked and I'd shrug at that notion too. I'll just trust the Ford engineers.

Kcht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But this kit is only for front wheels??? Or 4 wheels???
Sponsored