Sponsored

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
Looks fantastic. It was answered that the tires are 245/65-17 but we didn’t hear what wheels they are. I really like the look.

Punk88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With removal of trim in the engine bay, rerouting of abs cables onto new brackets, and to install the spacers as well as trim the corners of the strut it has to come out not just loosened and top pulled. So your looking at 3 hours of work. And when we do alignments we adjust everything and anything that needs or can be adjusted. My shop doesn’t set different prices for four wheel alignments and two wheel alignments. Only time it’s more is when we do lifts over 3.5 inches because I’m going to align it several times and make as many adjustments as it takes to make the vehicle drive perfectly straight.

Punk88

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the information!

Would an alignment only be needed for the front? Or would it effect the back as well?
from the look of our suspension, whether front wheel drive or all wheel drive, with just a level kit only the front should need to be adjusted for the alignment. But if there’s adjustments in the rear my shop would fine tune the alignment all the way around.

RTR_Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Factory rake isn’t intended to be an aesthetic. But you certainly can treat it as such if you desire. Neither is tire/wheel size, but that’s a whole other math lesson w/ physics and gear ratios.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Salwans

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the 4WP kit is the best middle ground of all kits available so far. It’s 1” in the front and .75” in the rear.
Could you please share more info on the 4WP kit you are referring to?

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if mentioned, but raising (leveling) just the front, will create the 'saggy butt' look, common on the Subaru Outback, when any meaningful weight is loaded in the bed, or with a couple of big guys in the back seat. Sure it will look level with empty, or driver/front-passenger only, but toss in some weight, and now you've got the 'saggy butt' as we call it in the Outback forums.

Personally, I like a little rake in the stance, but to each their own. For the record I lifted my Outback just about 1.5 inches front and rear, to make entry/egress easier, including firmer springs in the back, to stop the saggy butt look. - Just saying.

Sponsored

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
Not sure if mentioned, but raising (leveling) just the front, will create the 'saggy butt' look, common on the Subaru Outback, when any meaningful weight is loaded in the bed, or with a couple of big guys in the back seat. Sure it will look level with empty, or driver/front-passenger only, but toss in some weight, and now you've got the 'saggy butt' as we call it in the Outback forums.

Personally, I like a little rake in the stance, but to each their own. For the record I lifted my Outback just about 1.5 inches front and rear, to make entry/egress easier, including firmer springs in the back, to stop the saggy butt look. - Just saying.
This is what's known as speculation. Given the fact that you have not specified rear spring compression rates of either the Maverick or the Outback you have provided no empirical data...so again, speculation. Obviously, at some point you can load the back of any vehicle with enough weight to cause the rear to sag. "A couple of big guys" is purely subjective.
No numbers/math=opinion not facts. Just saying

Reactions: JJC

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not so much speculation, more sensible reasoning. IF the vehicle is totally level front to back, and you place significant weight, the end of the vehicle holding the weight will droop under the load, and sit lower than the other end. ALL vehicles when loaded with sufficient weight lower, and then come back up when the weight is removed. - So far, makes sense, as spring height reduces due to weight. In fact, the spring rate states how much weight it takes, to deflect/compress the spring 1". If you want to be more precise, and go a step further, the farther behind the rear axle the weight is located, the more the vehicle stance will be affected, so weight at the hitch (as far back as possible) will induce more rearward drop than weight located at the front of the bed, in front of the rear axle. (Weight between the wheels is more likely to evenly distribute between the two axles, the weight acts using the Archimedes principle, you're creating a lever, with the fulcrum being at the axle).

Given the leveling kits I've seen appear to be either 1" or 1.5", it's safe to assume there's at least a 1" rake front to back, possibly as much as 1.5", otherwise we'd be pushing the front above the rear, by installing a 1.5" leveling spacer in the front.

Now the factory springs vary in rate, depending upon FWD/AWD, Towing, and FX4 packages, however, I have it from a source, that the 4k Tow might just happen to be around 425 lbs. (Don't ask, I can't say at this point). That means from a unladen length, 425 lbs results in a 1" drop. In pairs, that's approximately a 1/2" drop with every 425 lbs added. Force vectoring springs work a bit different and may not be linear, so results on models so equipped may vary slightly, primarily your FWD models. If you're perfectly level, toss in 425 lbs into the bed, the rear will drop approximately 1/2 an inch, at 850 lbs 1", and at 1275 lbs, around 1.5" drop. (Slightly less if against the cab wall, slightly more if behind the axle).

The point is, by leveling, the back end WILL sit lower than the front, if you add enough weight to result in droop. The amount will be determined by the exact spring rate of the model purchased, and amount of weight, but for the sake of argument, 425 lbs would make the rear end 1/2 inch lower than the front.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
So as long as my obese wife doesn't ride on the tailgate, I should be just fine with my 1" level.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not so much speculation, more sensible reasoning. IF the vehicle is totally level front to back, and you place significant weight, the end of the vehicle holding the weight will droop under the load, and sit lower than the other end. ALL vehicles when loaded with sufficient weight lower, and then come back up when the weight is removed. - So far, makes sense, as spring height reduces due to weight. In fact, the spring rate states how much weight it takes, to deflect/compress the spring 1". If you want to be more precise, and go a step further, the farther behind the rear axle the weight is located, the more the vehicle stance will be affected, so weight at the hitch (as far back as possible) will induce more rearward drop than weight located at the front of the bed, in front of the rear axle. (Weight between the wheels is more likely to evenly distribute between the two axles, the weight acts using the Archimedes principle, you're creating a lever, with the fulcrum being at the axle).

Given the leveling kits I've seen appear to be either 1" or 1.5", it's safe to assume there's at least a 1" rake front to back, possibly as much as 1.5", otherwise we'd be pushing the front above the rear, by installing a 1.5" leveling spacer in the front.

Now the factory springs vary in rate, depending upon FWD/AWD, Towing, and FX4 packages, however, I have it from a source, that the 4k Tow might just happen to be around 425 lbs. (Don't ask, I can't say at this point). That means from a unladen length, 425 lbs results in a 1" drop. In pairs, that's approximately a 1/2" drop with every 425 lbs added. Force vectoring springs work a bit different and may not be linear, so results on models so equipped may vary slightly, primarily your FWD models. If you're perfectly level, toss in 425 lbs into the bed, the rear will drop approximately 1/2 an inch, at 850 lbs 1", and at 1275 lbs, around 1.5" drop. (Slightly less if against the cab wall, slightly more if behind the axle).

The point is, by leveling, the back end WILL sit lower than the front, if you add enough weight to result in droop. The amount will be determined by the exact spring rate of the model purchased, and amount of weight, but for the sake of argument, 425 lbs would make the rear end 1/2 inch lower than the front.
1.25” of rake front to back measured on my truck prior to modifications.

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks! I ordered the Carbonized Gray XLT AWD & I really like this look. Just enough lift in front but still a slight rake. Appreciate any ride & performance issues.
Sponsored