Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sarah

What is the purpose of filling out a form? Where is this spreadsheet located? There are now 32 pages here. Who is going to scroll through 32 pages on here to see what someone wrote about a dealership? Thank you.

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sarah

What is the purpose of filling out a form? Where is this spreadsheet located? There are now 32 pages here. Who is going to scroll through 32 pages on here to see what someone wrote about a dealership? Thank you.
The form(can be found by clicking here ) allows me add the answers to a recommendation list that can be found by clicking here . by submitting to the form i can gather recommendations and warnings to one list so everyone doesn't have to scroll through multiple pages of threads if they do not wish to do so.

Jroberts302s

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick,2012,fusion, 2014 focus,2003 cobra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nashville, Tn Two rivers ford. Ask for Doug reed or frank snipes. We bought two maverick’s ( should be delivered in May ) before that we’ve bought close to 20 vehicles from them, mustangs, explorers, f150’s, expedition’s

Mavericko

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Delacious
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Conway Heaton
BARDSTOWN Kentucky
They saved me over 25K on my Ford Maverick!!
They took a deposit back in 2022 and NEVER delivered! Excuse after excuse, never buy a Ford. Thanks for the savings

Sponsored

SloopJB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick FX4 ECO/AWD Cactus Gray XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good experience with Planet Ford, Spring, Texas. (Near Houston). No tricks, no add ons, Paid MSRP and picked it up off the truck. (Just delivered). I had ordered Lariat Hybrid, but my Son-in-Law bought a XLT FX4 with all the goodies, and I love it. So I phoned my Salesman to see if he might have one in Cactus Gray. He said that my timing couldn’t have been any better. They were just off-loading it as we talked.

I said that he should considered it sold. So he put it into pre-delivery and I did the transaction the next day.

Couldn’t be happier, Saved $4K over the Lariat I have ordered. It is presently in production. He said that they won’t have any trouble selling it

SkyPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Deacon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On 3-18-2024, I started looking for a small pickup truck that would fit in a small parking space in my new condo's underground garage. I chose two vehicles to look at. First choice was Ford Maverick, the second distant choice Hyundai Santa Cruz. I soon found out that Maverick became the elusive Leprechaun. I visited 7-8 dealers in N-NE Ill and two in Southern Wis. All but a couple wanted down payments to search for one or tried to sell me units that were in transit for $1000-$2000 over MSRP. Some units were LOADED with accessories or dealer added items like Scotch Guard for seats. Special paint protection packages etc. On 3-21, I was ready to give up on Maverick and started my search for Santa Cruz, when I came upon Wickstrom Ford in Barrington Il. website. I noticed they had several XLT and one Lariat Mavericks coming in. One caught my attention, a base Lariat with only one added accessory that I needed, a 4k tow package. I drove to the dealership and was met at the door by Alex Lopez. He was very responsive, answered all my questions in a casual business-like atmosphere with no games. I was concerned about the date of vehicle arrival, Alex called Todd Prestage who informed me that the car was being transported from the rail yard to the dealership as we spoke and would be ready 3-23. After I reviewed all paperwork, found no extra fees etc. We negotiated slightly lower than expected but fair trade allowance. All 3 of us SHOOK HANDS on the deal, with no deposit money. Next day on 3-24, I arrived at Wickstrom at Noon. Together with Alex inspected the car, he also helped me set up "Ford Pass" etc. Total paperwork for taxes and plates took under 1/2 hr. I handed the finance manager a cashier's check. After hand shakes at 12:45 PM I was on my way home. Next morning I received a follow up phone call from Alex asking if he could do anything else for me. I also received a text message from the owner of Wickstrom thanking me for my business.
I would like to thank Alex Lopez and Todd Prestage for a great new car buying experience.
I would hope that management from Ford Motor Company read these reviews and give great sales performers like Alex Lopez recognition or at least a pat on the back for a job well done. In today's world exceptional Sales Service is hard to find. This was a fantastic on a hand shake buying experience for me and my 94 year old mother who came along. The final price was $135.00 below MSRP, after deducting cost of FLR-Liners I did not need. Leprechaun was caught.
Thanks Wickstrom and Alex Lopez.
(Deacon).

Vashonista

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent, Washington
Sawyer Scarff
Did a great job for me even though my 2023 order rolled over to 2024.

Johnny maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 mav 16 superduty 89 xr7 sc 5spd 84 gt turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum. I am in the market for a new Maverick and joined this forum to see what others are saying. I shopped a few dealers today where I live in NH. I did a factory build on Ford and called Best Ford in Nashua, NH and they are marking up there orders up 5k with 500 deposit. I quickly did a 180 and walked out. I then went to Auto Fair Ford in Manchester NH with my build price and they are marking new 24 Mavs 3k over. I then contacted Portsmouth NH Ford and they were friendly, helpful, and no mark ups or deposits. I am putting in my order for a new 24 Mav Lariat Fx4/4k tow for 38,600 based off Ford build online tools. They said people are coming far and wide cause their GM is focused on customer relations and future buyers instead of taking advantage. I want to give props to them for no BS straight forward honesty. I noticed Autofair and Best Ford are on the good list of trusted dealers. They may have been at one time, but doesn't seem to be the case now. I say take em off and call Portsmouth.
I've ordered bought several Fords from Best ford over the past 8 years . SHO ,550 Superduty ,mach 1 hp, maverick. Payed msrp and under for all of them. It's all in the negotiating.

SkyPilot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Deacon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Johnny M
Agree-100%
It is little harder when wehicle like Maverick you want to purchase is very popular and in Very, Very short supply.
Deacon

Sponsored

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all,

After seeing story after story of our fellow forum members being screwed over by dishonest, trashy dealers, I've decided we should put together lists of positive, honest dealership experiences. The kinds of dealerships that provide you with a decent experience, and sell you the truck you asked for at MSRP.

Hopefully this will be a helpful resource to people struggling to find a decent deal, while also rewarding the honest business practices of respectable dealerships by convincing more people to go through them.

Here's mine, the Larry H. Miller dealership located in Draper/Sandy Utah. If you live in Utah, or in the neighboring states, and are having a hard time, go through these people. No markups on customer orders, they're willing to work with you to the best of their ability.

Some context, we missed the order bank cutoff because we were told they opened in October, not September by a dealership employee, an honest mistake. We reached out to them, explaining our situation, they promised if a customer canceled their order, they'd contact us first thing.

Fast forward about a month, and we got the call. An area 51 XLT hybrid with optional extras like Co-pilot 360/BLIS. We were there within the hour. Out the door, with Utah's notoriously aggressive sales tax, it was about 28k.

This dealership chain has an excellent reputation, and they've been a joy to deal with on the several occasions we've conducted business with them in the past. If you're still searching for a maverick, these are your people.

IMG_20230325_143908.jpg

IMG_20230325_144015.jpg
The Ford Store, Morgan Hill (California). Online purchase, made it easy, no gimmicks.

Blueox76

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Ford Taurus, Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spikes Ford in Mission, Texas. They had 12 to chose from. XLT's, Lariats, Tremors. etc. Ask for Jesse Gonzalez. He was great. Bought a Lariat from him.

smpizza

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I looked at the updated list for Oregon dealers, and it seems other people have had better experiences with Oregon Ford dealers than me. I was going to fill out the form for all the dealers in Oregon and Washington I had frustrating experiences, but whats the point if someone else mark it as "good" on the list. I do have a short fuse, and I get really flustered when they start talking about the market this or market that.

The 4 Oregon dealers listed all quoted me above MSRP for the past 2 years and some of them have add ons they insist are safety things like pulsating brake lights. I bought my used XLT from Courtesy Ford which also charges over MSRP and had an incident years ago for misleading customers ( Portland dealership’s lies lead to big refunds - YouTube ) I would take this list with a grain of salt at least for Oregon, because you may not get the same experience. I am also surprised Vancouver Ford isn't on here, they also like to sneak things into the price.

Thank you for putting this together, but its a little subjective. finding any good dealer or salesperson is going to be affected by your approach and how you deal with certain people in tight market such as this.

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I looked at the updated list for Oregon dealers, and it seems other people have had better experiences with Oregon Ford dealers than me. I was going to fill out the form for all the dealers in Oregon and Washington I had frustrating experiences, but whats the point if someone else mark it as "good" on the list. I do have a short fuse, and I get really flustered when they start talking about the market this or market that.

The 4 Oregon dealers listed all quoted me above MSRP for the past 2 years and some of them have add ons they insist are safety things like pulsating brake lights. I bought my used XLT from Courtesy Ford which also charges over MSRP and had an incident years ago for misleading customers ( Portland dealership’s lies lead to big refunds - YouTube ) I would take this list with a grain of salt at least for Oregon, because you may not get the same experience. I am also surprised Vancouver Ford isn't on here, they also like to sneak things into the price.

Thank you for putting this together, but its a little subjective. finding any good dealer or salesperson is going to be affected by your approach and how you deal with certain people in tight market such as this.
Are you purchasing off the lot or ordering? That can make a difference. At our dealership, we have all orders locked in at MSRP and our lot set at market pricing. In the past few years, the market has been high, so all of our lot vehicles were over MSRP while our orders stayed at MSRP. The market has recently lowered, so almost all of our vehicles(our specialty and custom-built vehicles being the exception) are currently at or under MSRP.

We do put warnings in as well; if I have more negative reviews than positive ones, then I change that dealer over to a warning, but if the positive outweighs the bad, I keep it as a good dealer. When looking at the list, you can see most of the dealers have only one review, and that one person may have had a good experience while others have not. That is why filling out the form, even if your dealer is currently on it, is a great help. The more responses we have, the better our data and suggestions turn out. For instance, if you look at Autonation- Tustin Ford in CA, you can see it's under warning and has 5 responses. 2 of the responses were positive, and 3 were negative, so it's listed as a warning.

This list also has some sales staff listed in the farthest column, so if you are looking for a good dealer and want to make sure you work with someone good, you can check this list to see if one of the sales associates is listed as a good reference.

If you have not filled out the form and have had bad experiences, I encourage you to do so so I can see if some dealers need to be switched to a warning.
Sponsored

Last edited: