First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was literally just inside the dealership putting in an order and halfway thru ordering they got a notification that they are not taking any new orders anymore today…. Anyone else hearing that? I though we had til Thursday?

so looks like I’m waiting till summer to order the 2023…
What trim/level were you trying to order? I noticed the xlt lux pkg was dropped from availability on the config
Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd love to know what the internal Ford order estimates were for the Maverick. I'd read in the past that the Big 3 had shied away from wanting to produce smaller trucks because they didn't want to take away from their cash-cow big, bloated, overpriced full-size options.

I know if the Maverick hadn't come along, I'd be buying a Ridgeline. I certainly have no need for nor do I want a full-size truck.
Husband was shopping for a Ridgeline or Ranger when he heard about this truck. Immediately did a 180° turn and ordered a Maverick.

Shelby1962

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many…
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe add some domestic capacity at the plants that are slow in the US. They did it for other vehicles in the past.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe add some domestic capacity at the plants that are slow in the US. They did it for other vehicles in the past.
They don't want to sell any more small trucks at this price. - It's killing their profits!

Sponsored

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd love to know what the internal Ford order estimates were for the Maverick. I'd read in the past that the Big 3 had shied away from wanting to produce smaller trucks because they didn't want to take away from their cash-cow big, bloated, overpriced full-size options.

I know if the Maverick hadn't come along, I'd be buying a Ridgeline. I certainly have no need for nor do I want a full-size truck.
IMHO, Ford knows how many hybrids to sell and then how many ecoboosts to sell to meet cafe standards and after that they would rather not sell them because they risk cannibalizing ranger and other vehicles that make more profit.

Same thing just happened with the f-150 lightnings, the base model "pros" sold out immediately and now all that can be ordered are much more expensive.

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And Honda makes most of their entry level vehicles in Mexico, like my Fit and the HRV.
Not on purpose, my Maverick will be the fourth vehicle in a row from Mexico-VW, Chrysler and currently Honda. All near the bottom of their make's range.
I would rather USA not be Japan's Mexico

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I'm not really sure they can at that price point to be honest, I'm sure the margins on the Maverick, especially the lower trim levels aren't great but add in the cost of labor in the US and they probably disappear.

Sponsored

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i ordered a Lariat Lux for my dad and 2x XL's for my biz. They cancelled the xl's but went ahead w/the lariat. told me to try back later for xl's.

found a couple new previous gen frontiers around the same price

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i ordered a Lariat Lux for my dad and 2x XL's for my biz. They cancelled the xl's but went ahead w/the lariat. told me to try back later for xl's.
Are you saying you actually ordered two XLs and the dealer (or Ford) cancelled the order?

I ask because I've heard similar stories about "dealers cancelling orders" before and so far they haven't panned out. Upon examination, the story turns out to be a little different from how it was presented initially. (Sometimes because the order didn't go through the ROVP system and so wasn't really accepted by Ford.)

And did they really tell you to "try back later"? That's really, really odd -- because orders are closing Thursday. Check out this video. 2022MY Maverick Ecoboost Close Out Date

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not really sure they can at that price point to be honest, I'm sure the margins on the Maverick, especially the lower trim levels aren't great but add in the cost of labor in the US and they probably disappear.
Not only labor, but also the Maverick specific manufacturing robotics and machinery that's installed in the plant in Mexico. Contracting, duplicating, and installing that in two separate plants in two different locations can't possibly be cost effective.

TomMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am heading to my dealer in the morning to ask for a screen shot of my ROVP order from November 1st order date