Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
The Hyundai Ioniq has a 1.56 KWh battery vs the 1.1 KWh battery for the Maverick.

For the Hyundai Ioniq to get the near same MPG for City/Highway/Combined it appears that they chose the battery size to always run in electric mode for EPA testing. I seriously doubt the 1.6L GDI DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine gets 60 MPG at 75 MPH speeds.

https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/the-real-mpg.34634

Quote: I have often wondered how the folks who decide the MPG figures for our vehicles come up with the numbers. I have owned my Ioniq for almost eight months and I have never really achieved the MPG that it often quoted for these vehicles. I know there must be some scientific way they determine the MPG, but I do not really think it has anything to do with real world driving. On some trips I have averaged in the low 50's but on a recent 1200+ mile round trip to Texas, where the speed limit is 75 mph, I discovered that the Ioniq's MPG drops to the low 40's driving at 75 mph over mostly rolling terrain in 50 degree f temps! I feel like EPA's guesstimate for hiway miles must be on country roads traveling about 45-50 mph on relatively flat terrain with only a 100 pound driver!
50° ? Guess this wasn't recently!
Sponsored

AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, those would be correct. Hybrids are more efficient in town driving than on the highway. Highway driving is at higher speeds and pulls more from the gas engine.

That stated, my current hybrid gets much higher than rated on the highway. 33 v 42 is a huge gap. I wouldn't be surprised if it exceeds 33 on highway in real world driving.
What do you have?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100% hwy is still 14% greater efficiency for the hybrid, and no matter how much you think you drive hwys that's pretty much impossible. I'd say 80-90% hwy is tops for the vast majority of drivers, which is 20-26% greater efficiency for the hybrid. significant across the board.
So, you're telling me that I'm going to save money even if I drive %100 highway.... And that's after saving $1000 on the up front cost?!?

I still don't see the point of the hybrid.

😉🤣🤣🤣

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the the EcoBoost Engine you will spend $2000 more in Fuel Costs over 5 years along with spending $1085 for the EcoBoost Engine option over the base Hybrid Engine. So costing $3085 more over 5 years, $5,085 more over 10 years.

Those numbers also assume gas at $2.35 per gallon. Current prices are from $3 (27.7% higher) to $4.50 (91.5% higher). Current average is $3.357 or 42.8% higher

https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages

If the current average holds then over 10 years you will be paying $6,800 more owning an EcoBoost FWD Maverick vs the Hybrid Maverick.

Are you still LOLing. ;)

2022 Maverick EcoBooat FWD Window Sticker.jpg

2022 Maverick Hybrid Window Sticker.JPG
Ford Maverick 🚨My Hybrid Maverick window sticker with MPG!! 37 combined / 42 city / 33 highway Math is Math  X is X 21102021015650

Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I meant don't ruin the nostalgia of it... like meeting your favorite celebrity or sports hero to find out they're a horrible person.
that episode was entertaining but not particularly rigorous scientifically.. i.e. they tested few miles in the highway with traffic and distances to other vehicle allover the place.

Coachman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That settles that, I'm ordering the hybrid now.
Ordered an XLT 2.0 AWD July 15th and last week they gave me a build date of Dec. 6th which got pushed back yesterday to Dec. 13th. So, 5 months from order to build date. If you can get your order in now, you might see a truck for St. Patrick's day.👍

Lmcabinets

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F 150
Ordered in August. Originally scheduled for Sep. 20 (this was after an XLT order never got scheduled; still waiting on that). Window sticker with MPG posted today.

More context: I ordered an XLT in June. After waiting a long time, I ordered an XL from a different dealer in August, planning to take whichever comes first. I ordered a bed liner for the XL but somehow it didn't get included on the order, and I didn't notice that until it was already assigned a VIN (and maybe the reason it was assigned a VIN). Had a VIN for about 6 weeks and production date kept getting moved out by one or two weeks. Last notice was that it was scheduled for a 10/25 build. Just checked today and it is "in production" with a window sticker showing the MPG. Still no production date on my XLT, but it has had an 02 priority code for a few weeks.

This is a REAL window sticker. Check the link with that exact VIN.. shows same numbers.

Window Sticker (forddirect.com) - https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3FTTW8E35NRA10074

2022 hybrid maverick mpg window sticker.jpg
I thought custom orders were green

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So in reading through all of this input.... is it FAKE or REAL ?
When will the original poster receive the rig?
🤔 To be determined..... TBD?
The facts I have derived from this 17 page thread -

1. There is still no official word from Ford or the EPA.
2. There is still no OK To Buy.
3. The window sticker as presented is linked to the actual Ford website.
4. The window sticker is blue instead of green and does not indicate Special Order.

The window sticker for my hybrid still shows EPA data not available, Not For Sale as of 5:25AM 10/21/2021

I guess time will tell.

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
I saw the EPA posted some of the 2022 hybrid MPG for other companies today. The Hyundai Ioniq gets 59 combined. 58 city 60 highway. I figured the Ford Maverick would have been a bit more. 50 mpg or something.
Why did you figure that? Ford's unofficial numbers when they announced the truck were nowhere near 50mpg.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mave-Rick