AdventureSetterland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why is the gas mileage for low for highway? Through all the videos on you tube and the forums it was shown 40 mpg in city and at least 500 mi on a tank of gas when driven on the highway.
I mean, 13.8x33=455, but I was hoping for better on the highway, so I get your point. Think it’s off by like 4mpg from the Escape too.
Sponsored

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
No idea, you'll have to ask the OP @arphnarker, order must have been placed as a stock order.

I was just linking the actual Ford Window Sticker since PeterCox wanted to scream fake.
Some people are just rude and speak before researching for facts! (PeterCox).

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Are those numbers misplaced? It gets better mileage in the city than on the highway?
No, those would be correct. Hybrids are more efficient in town driving than on the highway. Highway driving is at higher speeds and pulls more from the gas engine.

That stated, my current hybrid gets much higher than rated on the highway. 33 v 42 is a huge gap. I wouldn't be surprised if it exceeds 33 on highway in real world driving.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Ordered in August. Originally scheduled for Sep. 20 (this was after an XLT order never got scheduled; still waiting on that). Window sticker with MPG posted today.

More context: I ordered an XLT in June. After waiting a long time, I ordered an XL from a different dealer in August, planning to take whichever comes first. I ordered a bed liner for the XL but somehow it didn't get included on the order, and I didn't notice that until it was already assigned a VIN (and maybe the reason it was assigned a VIN). Had a VIN for about 6 weeks and production date kept getting moved out by one or two weeks. Last notice was that it was scheduled for a 10/25 build. Just checked today and it is "in production" with a window sticker showing the MPG. Still no production date on my XLT, but it has had an 02 priority code for a few weeks.

This is a REAL window sticker. Check the link with that exact VIN.. shows same numbers.

Window Sticker (forddirect.com) - https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3FTTW8E35NRA10074

2022 hybrid maverick mpg window sticker.jpg
This is exciting to see. The mpg is great, and the emissions/smog rating are really good too! (I was a bit concerned about the emissions rating, so it's a relief to see such good numbers.)

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
My Maverick order was a priority 10
My dealer has set all orders at priority 19. Ordered my Hybrid 9/7. Guess I need to make a final decision on a color! I've changed it 3 times! Lol

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Hey, looks like you got a lariat. Any chance you could test for me how far back the power driver seat reclines? I was able to check out a manual seat model and it doesn't recline far at all. It stops well above the rear seat. Does the power driver seat recline down to the rear seat for example? I've been trying to get an answer on this with no luck. I'm hoping the power seat will recline all the way down to the rear seat.
Are you going to nap in it? I'm just teasing!

Sponsored

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The MPG estimates look pretty believable to me. Our 2015 C-max was estimated at 42 city/37 hwy/ 40 combined. This from a 188 HP 2.0L Atikinson Cycle I4. The C-max is shorter, similar to the Maverick in width and height and weighs in at 3607 lbs. In the 60 months we've owned it we've put on 64901 miles (we bought it used with 27770 miles). Of those 64K 29261 miles have been electric, with the overall average of 43.1 mpg. Maverick has a bigger engine, but sometimes a smaller one has to work harder. I'm looking forward to seeing how our Lariat will compare.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I saw the EPA posted some of the 2022 hybrid MPG for other companies today. The Hyundai Ioniq gets 59 combined. 58 city 60 highway. I figured the Ford Maverick would have been a bit more. 50 mpg or something.
Dang! 59? Amazing!

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape