Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Well, first off you're comparing apples to oranges in the style of the car.

Second, I consistently got over 45 in the city and really closer to 50 mpg in my kia niro. I don't understand how you don't get better in the city. The gas engine is hardly ever running on my hybrid in the city - which is WHY you get better mpg. I don't even use the gas engine maybe 20% of the time....

Either your hybrid is broken, or you must be flooring it off the line and using the gas engine much more often than you say. I never have a problem getting my best mpg in the city compared to 65-80 mph on the highway, without even trying.

Finally, This sticker could be fake for other reasons, but this would not be one of them.
Thanks. Appreciate the response. There have been maybe 10 folks that have responded with the same response that you have.

Not a jack rabbit starter at red lights or stop signs. Totally understand the aerodynamic difference between truck and sedan. I just know what I see while driving the car and watching the animation on the screen with the engine feeding the wheels, the battery feeding the wheels or both. I can see my MPG per tank and I track my MPG's in Fuelly which is posted win my signature block below.

My window sticker (posted 3-4 times in this thread ) reflects 43 City 44 Highway. My current average is 44.6 with roughly 6,200 miles. That's all I know. But thanks for responding and providing the argument and information as to why I should get better MPG in the city.
Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder how many additional MPGs the tonneau cover provides. I imagine the reduction in drag adds efficiency...
Not necessarily, I remember a few years ago when the myth busters proved that mileage in a truck was better with the tailgate up versus down. Something that was a shocker as so many "net gates" were sold claiming better mileage.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not necessarily, I remember a few years ago when the myth busters proved that mileage in a truck was better with the tailgate up versus down. Something that was a shocker as so many "net gates" were sold claiming better mileage.
Is that the only test that’s been done? I took this as gospel but I didn’t know that was the only source. Seems like there is enough variation in trucks that it could differ between makes and models. Also, how MUCH was the difference? I guess I should go find the viddy and see for myself.

edit: some sauce

My conclusion from what i watched: test was mostly bullshido, very unscientific, very limited, very made for entertainment. Basically, minimal difference on their older single cab test truck between tailgate up, down, cover, and mesh. Insignificant differences. I.e do whatever you want with a tailgate or cover, it won’t make any meaningful difference in mpg compared to your other driving habits.

Last edited:

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not with the way allotments work. If you did not order from the same dealership than his order has 0 effect on yours.
I agree, but it will affect other reservation holders at THAT dealer.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So on highway it will be getting about the same as the 2.0 LOL
100% hwy is still 14% greater efficiency for the hybrid, and no matter how much you think you drive hwys that's pretty much impossible. I'd say 80-90% hwy is tops for the vast majority of drivers, which is 20-26% greater efficiency for the hybrid. significant across the board.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So on highway it will be getting about the same as the 2.0 LOL
With the the EcoBoost Engine you will spend $2000 more in Fuel Costs over 5 years along with spending $1085 for the EcoBoost Engine option over the base Hybrid Engine. So costing $3085 more over 5 years, $5,085 more over 10 years.

Those numbers also assume gas at $2.35 per gallon. Current prices are from $3 (27.7% higher) to $4.50 (91.5% higher). Current average is $3.357 or 42.8% higher

https://gasprices.aaa.com/state-gas-price-averages

If the current average holds then over 10 years you will be paying $6,800 more owning an EcoBoost FWD Maverick vs the Hybrid Maverick.

Are you still LOLing. ;)

Ford Maverick 🚨My Hybrid Maverick window sticker with MPG!! 37 combined / 42 city / 33 highway 2022 Maverick EcoBooat FWD Window Sticker

Ford Maverick 🚨My Hybrid Maverick window sticker with MPG!! 37 combined / 42 city / 33 highway 2022 Maverick Hybrid Window Sticker.JPG

CandleMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Why is the gas mileage for low for highway? Through all the videos on you tube and the forums it was shown 40 mpg in city and at least 500 mi on a tank of gas when driven on the highway.
Because highway driving isn't city driving?

Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same problem with my dealer in Fl. Told me I wouldn't see a hybrid for 2 years and is wondering why I keep bugging him to change my priority code down to 10 or why I keep asking about financing or promotions when I have 2 years to wait... maybe it's a Florida dealer thing..
If he thinks it is two years why is the dealer not giving you the 10?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. Appreciate the response. There have been maybe 10 folks that have responded with the same response that you have.

Not a jack rabbit starter at red lights or stop signs. Totally understand the aerodynamic difference between truck and sedan. I just know what I see while driving the car and watching the animation on the screen with the engine feeding the wheels, the battery feeding the wheels or both. I can see my MPG per tank and I track my MPG's in Fuelly which is posted win my signature block below.

My window sticker (posted 3-4 times in this thread ) reflects 43 City 44 Highway. My current average is 44.6 with roughly 6,200 miles. That's all I know. But thanks for responding and providing the argument and information as to why I should get better MPG in the city.
Are you replacing the ES300h with a Maverick or adding it/replacing another vehicle? The Maverick won't be as efficient as the ES - as you noted, aerodynamics - but it's an awesome product nonetheless.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats might be in order if we ever get our hands on the damn thing.
Lol. Well, I am envious of that city mileage. I just needed a bit more capable truck as I have a boat that I bring out every chance I get. I've averaged north of 30 on the interstate though and that's with 245 tires.

tsled

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick