First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a whole tread dedicated to that topic. Just search for EPA and have at it.

All I’m saying is that explain the sticker being blue not green.
Could it be because it is still not rated as OKTB?
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Every promotion for the mav has stated a *target* of 40 mpg for city.

If you didn't hear the "city" part thats on you.
That is possible. I could have sworn they said average was 40 period which I took to mean combined. But I've been wrong and will gladly admit when I see the ad.

But as you can see from my Lexus sticker combined is 44 MPG. My current mileage is 6200ish and you can see my Fuelly below my avg is 44.6 MPG. I drove about 150 miles today round trip highway at 60 MPH. My current gauge reads 49.6 this tank. I'll be driving city rest of the week and it will go down to most likely the average 44-45 MPG.

So I can't understand how this trucklette will be completely opposite of what I've experienced the last 2.5 years.

Ford Maverick 🚨My Hybrid Maverick window sticker with MPG!! 37 combined / 42 city / 33 highway tempImagewqXKYk

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is possible. I could have sworn they said average was 40 period which I took to mean combined. But I've been wrong and will gladly admit when I see the ad.

But as you can see from my Lexus sticker combined is 44 MPG. My current mileage is 6200ish and you can see my Fuelly below my avg is 44.6 MPG. I drove about 150 miles today round trip highway at 60 MPH. My current gauge reads 49.6 this tank. I'll be driving city rest of the week and it will go down to most likely the average 44-45 MPG.

So I can't understand how this trucklette will be completely opposite of what I've experienced the last 2.5 years.

tempImagewqXKYk.png
No, they clearly stated that the target was 40mph city. Less frequently, I also say 33 hiway and 37 average.

Never was 40 average cited.

sroctavio

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tempImagewqXKYk.png
The first three words of the title of their press release are "40 MPG City."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/06/08/all-new-ford-maverick.html

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, they clearly stated that the target was 40mph city. Less frequently, I also say 33 hiway and 37 average.

💯
There have been several discussion posted by members asking if they should go hybrid or ecoboost if they predominantly drive highway due to how close the estimated figures were.
I can hypermile the wife’s Tuscon hybrid to 50-55mpg city over 25 miles; on the highway I’ve never done better than 36.

Sponsored

samesea2012

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

tempImagewqXKYk.png
aerodynamics and ride height make a huge difference in mpg. remember that when you’re driving a car you’re essentially pushing a hole through the air and the faster you’re going the more energy is require to do so. Then add the fact that the lexus batter is 1.6kwh capacity vs 1.1kwh on the maverick, you end up with different mpgs

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I can't understand how this trucklette will be completely opposite of what I've experienced the last 2.5 years
If you pull up the list of 2021-2022 hybrids with Auto Start-Stop on fueleconomy.gov, it's a mixed bag. I didn't count, but it looks like about half get better city mileage and half get better highway mileage. Fuel Economy

About the only trend I could see is that almost all the vehicles with variable gear ratios did better in the city and almost all the ones with regular automatics did better on the highway.

I'm sure there are lots of factors, but it looks like manufacturers can achieve either outcome (better city, better highway) depending on the technologies they employ and what they focus on.

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are those numbers misplaced? It gets better mileage in the city than on the highway?
Yes, hybrids get better mileage in the City than they do on the Highway

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
The torque of the electric motor helps get the car going and takes a lot of the strain off the ICE. This is a huge savings. In addition, braking regenerates the battery faster which helps with your next start. Definitely not uncommon to see higher city mpg than highway.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The first three words of the title of their press release are "40 MPG City."

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/06/08/all-new-ford-maverick.html
Okay. I believe what I see. Unfortunately I never saw that. Honest. But I see it now.

That plus the other responses, while I don't understand it I was always taught "Figures Lie and Liar's Figure". So it is what it is.

Now I have to decide if waiting for this trucklette is worth it. I don't drive it enough to get lower MPG's.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ole Sarge stands corrected. I Understand now. I don't remember hearing "City". So I thought it was combined. I've seen the ad now. Don't like it; but it is what it is. Thanks.

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1634768516866.png

Not totally sold with this Window Stickers, Since it being XL, some features in functional don't make sense to me such as remote start on XL?
Remote Start- FordPass App. All Mavericks have the ability to Remote Start via the FordPass App. The XLT and Lariat get Remote Start via the Key Fob as well as FordPass app. All Mavericks also have Remote Keyless Entry.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered in August. Originally scheduled for Sep. 20 (this was after an XLT order never got scheduled; still waiting on that). Window sticker with MPG posted today.

More context: I ordered an XLT in June. After waiting a long time, I ordered an XL from a different dealer in August, planning to take whichever comes first. I ordered a bed liner for the XL but somehow it didn't get included on the order, and I didn't notice that until it was already assigned a VIN (and maybe the reason it was assigned a VIN). Had a VIN for about 6 weeks and production date kept getting moved out by one or two weeks. Last notice was that it was scheduled for a 10/25 build. Just checked today and it is "in production" with a window sticker showing the MPG. Still no production date on my XLT, but it has had an 02 priority code for a few weeks.

This is a REAL window sticker. Check the link with that exact VIN.. shows same numbers.

Window Sticker (forddirect.com) - https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=3FTTW8E35NRA10074

2022 hybrid maverick mpg window sticker.jpg
I just tried scanning the QR Code on the window sticker. It's broke and doesn't work. Below is response.

Ford Maverick 🚨My Hybrid Maverick window sticker with MPG!! 37 combined / 42 city / 33 highway IMG_3092.PNG

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
???? don't understand this statement.

When I brake the picture shows electric going from the wheel/brakes to the battery. But it doesn't make my MPG's better. It just regenerates the battery.

I get better MPG on the highway everyday. When I drive city, I get crappy MPG because of all the red lights and stop signs having to start from a standstill getting up to speed no matter how soft I press the accelerator.

I truly don't believe this sticker is right. I ONLY speak form my personal experience now driving a hybrid for 2.5 years.
That may be true for your vehicle, but I've been driving a Kia Niro for a few years, and it absolutely gets better city mileage than highway (albeit only 3-4 mpg better).

The general idea is that you recoup what you would normally lose when braking when regenerative braking happens in stop and go traffic, which in turn helps to get the car back up to speed. All things being equal, there is actually a dropoff in fuel efficiency in most vehicles at any speeds faster than 55 mph, which is most highway driving. Normally, the fuel lost in stop and go traffic outweighs the loss in aerodynamics so city mpg is still worse than highway mpg, but that's not the case with hybrids generally. Looking up your Lexus, it is in fact rated slightly better on the highway, so I'm willing to bet it has a bit of a smaller battery making the city benefit less apparent.
Sponsored