Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking this window sticker is BS.

Here is why I think this is BS:

My 2021 Lexus ES300h has a larger engine, more HP, weighs more gets BETTER MPG than this trucklette?

Help me understand how the sticker someone posted can be real or true.

Below is my window sticker for the Lexus.

tempImageJnecpT.png
You're forgetting it's a truck design for the Mav and the ES300H is a sedan. Your Lexus is way more aerodynamic than the Mav on so many levels. Ride height and body shape matter a lot and while the Mav does have some curves, it's still a small SUV at heart with a truck design (probably the least aerodynamic design). I'm not an engineer so you absolutely don't have to trust me, but I used to really like those silly animations on streamlining moving things in terms of aerodynamics in science class when I was a kid so the logic makes sense to me.
Sponsored

First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Having a full-size spare means you have a normal tire ready to go if something happens. The major advantage to having a full-size spare is that it's not a temporary fix. You can put on a full-size spare to replace the flat and continue with your day. If you purchased a full size spare included in any option or purchased separately then the rim and tire size should match your vehicle wheel and tires.
Ford's Full-size Spare isn't Full size dpare. It's just bigger than a donut

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That is how hybrids work. City uses more electric power, highway mostly gas.
Sam, I can't believe this.

I have had my drivers console with the picture of the wheels-battery-engine. I have watched during take offs and driving in the city with all the stop and go the engine is always driving the wheels. A lot of the time it's both engine and battery driving the wheels. The ONLY time it's only the battery feeding the wheels is down hill or speeds below 40 when the EV light MAY come on.

I'm no genius, I just know what I'm seeing.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe in the next year or two, they'll offer the hybrid with AWD. Maybe with some more power to boot. That would be another hot-seller.

First Name
Saurabh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Again comparing a car with less frontal area. These numbers shouldn't be surprising; they're what Ford was estimating for the Maverick Hybrid at launch.
I think the hybrid battery is much smaller in the Maverick compared to other cars.

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having a full-size spare means you have a normal tire ready to go if something happens. The major advantage to having a full-size spare is that it's not a temporary fix. You can put on a full-size spare to replace the flat and continue with your day. If you purchased a full size spare included in any option or purchased separately then the rim and tire size should match your vehicle wheel and tires.
Except I doubt you want to continue driving on one steel rim if you have anything else than an XL. Full size spares are on basic steel rims.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sam, I can't believe this.

I have had my drivers console with the picture of the wheels-battery-engine. I have watched during take offs and driving in the city with all the stop and go the engine is always driving the wheels. A lot of the time it's both engine and battery driving the wheels. The ONLY time it's only the battery feeding the wheels is down hill or speeds below 40 when the EV light MAY come on.

I'm no genius, I just know what I'm seeing.
Agree. That is how my Prius also works. Perhaps Fords don't? It would help explain a 9 mpg difference in highway/city.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If there's anything I've learned through the process of buying a Maverick and being on these forums, it's that dealers don't know crap
Yep. Floor Manager at Murray Ford in Starke FL told me today they were NOT BUILDING any Hybrids yet. I told him that was dealer BS. He said I was wrong. I said then how do you describe people with build dates and Window stickers and such with built hybrids. He swore to be damned I was full of crap. I told him that was why no one trusts dealers. And hung up.

Hanto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think you quoted the wrong guy, my guy. :ROFLMAO:

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Yep. Floor Manager at Murray Ford in Starke FL told me today they were NOT BUILDING any Hybrids yet. I told him that was dealer BS. He said I was wrong. I said then how do you describe people with build dates and Window stickers and such with built hybrids. He swore to be damned I was full of crap. I told him that was why no one trusts dealers. And hung up.
I have the same problem with my dealer in Fl. Told me I wouldn't see a hybrid for 2 years and is wondering why I keep bugging him to change my priority code down to 10 or why I keep asking about financing or promotions when I have 2 years to wait... maybe it's a Florida dealer thing..

Sponsored

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about. My Hybrid's web page shows it was built 9/24. My dealer confirmed and could actually follow it sent for post inspection. Just waiting on EPA to give the blessing!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope this replaces the 12/08/21 OKTB issue, ordered 09/22 removed spray in bed liner. I would be happy if delivery by 02/01/22👍
Yeah, just as long as you don't get a 04/01/22 date on anything!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again comparing a car with less frontal area. These numbers shouldn't be surprising; they're what Ford was estimating for the Maverick Hybrid at launch.
Last time I checked 33 wasn't 40. I thought they said it was going to be average MPG 40?

No?

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except I doubt you want to continue driving on one steel rim if you have anything else than an XL. Full size spares are on basic steel rims.
Then why subside to FORD when they have advertise Full Size Spare especially to the Lariat FX2 and First Edition or ordered the upgrade? 17" wheel and tire doesn"t equal an 18" wheel and tire. There goes the TPMS system on!