First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if this has already been brought up but isn't this extra-suspect of being a glitch or invalid, since it's a dealer stock order and Ford says dealers WON'T get hybrid stock orders until they run through the backlog retail hybrid orders?
You are correct, they did say that Hybrid orders won't be stock units thus the coloring on the window sticker should be green. Everything else seems to line up though.
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, I'm not seeing any of the "Built Ford Tough" watermark on the other window stickers on Ford's website when I'm searching through inventory and viewing window stickers....interesting

edit: Nevermind, I found the watermark on a few listed on Ford's inventory search.

Last edited:

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I keep looking for a window sticker (build date 11/01) but alas nothing yet! I know probably too early but seeing that window sticker does get me excited 🤣 and I'm 76!

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's great news! I love that going from a 2017 VW jetta to the maverick is going to IMPROVE my MPG for my daily drive. It is 20 miles each way, with a mix of highway (60mph tops) and a lot of stop lights. I get 34 in the VW on that drive (~40 on the highway at times) but I should be looking at improving on that number with the hybrid maverick (and still be able to handle sheets of plywood for my workshop).
I cannot wait!
Similar here. 2014 Jetta (1.8l turbo). I typically average 33. Have achieved 37 on rare occasions with mostly longer highway miles. So I'll have truck utility with lower fuel consumption:)

Sponsored

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
Hey, looks like you got a lariat. Any chance you could test for me how far back the power driver seat reclines? I was able to check out a manual seat model and it doesn't recline far at all. It stops well above the rear seat. Does the power driver seat recline down to the rear seat for example? I've been trying to get an answer on this with no luck. I'm hoping the power seat will recline all the way down to the rear seat.
Hope this helps! It doesn’t touch the back seat but gets close. Don’t mind my dog seat cover :)
Ford Maverick 🚨My Hybrid Maverick window sticker with MPG!! 37 combined / 42 city / 33 highway 4BCE742F-FF1D-4635-8168-A4E9DAA5601E

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never not gotten better than EPA mileage. With our current VW jetta we're generally averaging high 30's overall (rated at 33) and easily low 50's on the freeway and longer road trips (rated at 40). So, I'm pretty optimistic.
Obviously you never had a Kia ;)

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw the EPA posted some of the 2022 hybrid MPG for other companies today. The Hyundai Ioniq gets 59 combined. 58 city 60 highway. I figured the Ford Maverick would have been a bit more. 50 mpg or something.
The Hyundai Ioniq has a 1.56 KWh battery vs the 1.1 KWh battery for the Maverick.

For the Hyundai Ioniq to get the near same MPG for City/Highway/Combined it appears that they chose the battery size to always run in electric mode for EPA testing. I seriously doubt the 1.6L GDI DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine gets 60 MPG at 75 MPH speeds.

https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/the-real-mpg.34634

Quote: I have often wondered how the folks who decide the MPG figures for our vehicles come up with the numbers. I have owned my Ioniq for almost eight months and I have never really achieved the MPG that it often quoted for these vehicles. I know there must be some scientific way they determine the MPG, but I do not really think it has anything to do with real world driving. On some trips I have averaged in the low 50's but on a recent 1200+ mile round trip to Texas, where the speed limit is 75 mph, I discovered that the Ioniq's MPG drops to the low 40's driving at 75 mph over mostly rolling terrain in 50 degree f temps! I feel like EPA's guesstimate for hiway miles must be on country roads traveling about 45-50 mph on relatively flat terrain with only a 100 pound driver!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For the Hyundai Ioniq to get the near same MPG for City/Highway/Combined it appears that they chose the battery size to always run in electric mode for EPA testing. I seriously doubt the 1.6L GDI DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder engine gets 60 MPG at 75 MPH speeds.
Also the Ioniq is nearly 20% shorter, a smidge narrower, 5-600 lbs lighter, and a more aerodynamic shape overall.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So a bit worse than the Escape Hybrid on the highway, which makes sense due to it not being quite as aerodynamic. 42 city is fantastic though.
I'll bet with the right road conditions and conservative driving, both can be beat. Surprised it is a 9 mpg difference, however add a tonneau cover and highway will most likely increase.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

BigDinTX

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot (ex wife's, not my choice)
To: OP

Congrats on the sticker and the build! I'm lovin' the numbers (if this is real, color me skeptical still). I'm glad I'm waiting for my converted XL > XLT. I have a couple of orders, so whichever one comes in <please let it be the XLT!!!>, that's the one I'm buying to get me into my first hybrid!

Happy for you! Now everyone sit back, relax, have a cold one and wait. Please. :D
Sponsored