First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul !/Chevy Trailblazer/Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If only..... I placed my order with my dealer on 8/25. Gave my license to confirm my Hybrid order on 9/3/21. I was content with waiting until December. I was then notified 10/8/21 that my salesman is no longer with the Ford dealership. I met my new salesman. We discussed making changes to my order. I dropped the bed extender and the soft cover and provided my drivers license again. When I heard the Hybrid orders were getting near shutoff in November for the year, I began asking my new salesman for the status of my order, specifically what is my order number? I couldn't get an answer. Finally I called Ford HQ and they assisted me in getting my order status. The dealer said my order was A11K, but he starting rattling off my order, which included the bed extender and the soft cover, I realize something was wrong. The dealer said after talking with the Ford rep that he couldn't get a Hybrid. All this time I thought I was in the que, but on 11/16, I was informed that if I wanted a Maverick, it had to be an ecoboost. My order number is now A09K for an XLT ecoboost. I am a disabled vet and was looking forward to making my first NEW Ford purchase and I feel like the rug has been pulled right under me. I have called at least 16 dealers trying to get a Hybrid at the DAV Xplan rate. None would do it. I did find a dealer in another state that would sell an incoming dealer stock Hybrid Lariat at MSRP, which I am thankful for, but I didn't get it with one of the main options I wanted, but it is what it is. I will be happy when I finally get to sit in it, but I am still upset with the whole experience. If you are a dealer, and have a Hybrid Lariat in stock and are willing to accept DAV/XPlan, please contact me.

Last edited:

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WAHOO and a round of the HALLELUJAH CHORUS!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If only..... I placed my order with my dealer on 8/25. Gave my license to confirm my Hybrid order on 9/3/21. I was content with waiting until December. I was then notified 10/8/21 that my salesman is no longer with the Ford dealership. I met my new salesman. We discussed making changes to my order. I dropped the bed extender and the soft cover and provided my drivers license again. When I heard the Hybrid orders were getting near shutoff in November for the year, I began asking my new salesman for the status of my order, specifically what is my order number? I couldn't get an answer. Finally I called Ford HQ and they assisted me in getting my order status. The dealer said my order was A11K, but he starting rattling off my order, which included the bed extender and the soft cover, I realize something was wrong. The dealer said after talking with the Ford rep that he couldn't get a Hybrid. All this time I thought I was in the que, but on 11/16, I was informed that if I wanted a Hybrid Maverick, it had to be a ecoboost. My order number is now A09K for an XLT ecoboost. I am a disabled vet and was looking forward to making my first NEW Ford purchase and I feel like the rug has been pulled right under me. I have called at least 16 dealers trying to get a Hybrid at the DAV Xplan rate. None would do it. I did find a dealer in another state that would sell an incoming dealer stock Hybrid Lariat at MSRP, which I am thankful for, but I didn't get it with one of the main options I wanted, but it is what it is. I will be happy when I finally get to sit in it, but I am still upset with the whole experience.
Sounds like that was definitely not a good dealership to go through. I'm glad you found another. Maybe ask them to call you if an order with the option you wanted comes in and the person who orders it decides not to take it.

Sponsored

RebellaE

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, Lux, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I put a order in for the hybrid and was told by the dealership that Ford was not taking anymore orders for the hybrid so did that change and Ford is now taking orders and does the Maverick Hybrid get the 7500 Biden tax that I heard about last week.
Unfortunately, the answers to your questions are no and no.
The OK to Buy just means that the Hybrids that have already been ordered are allowed to be sold to their owners. Model year 2023 hybrids are still predicted to be available for order in June.
And only plug-in hybrids and EVs qualify for the 7500 rebate. Since the Maverick doesn't plug in, it doesn't qualify.

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats to all you long-waiting hybrid order holders!

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A baby step for the baby truck. I'm thinking spring of next year for my truck. And if not? I'll start looking at used mini cargo vans because prices for used vehicles should have gotten back to normal then.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
OKTB? Ok to build all of the unfulfilled orders and be damned the allocations. hybrids for EVERYONE.......that ordered one.
I won't hold my breath!

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tax credit your referring to is for Electric Vehicles built in the U.S. at union factories. The Maverick is built in Mexico and isn’t an EV.
You're right that the $7500 tax credit is for EVs and doesn't apply to Mavericks. Which is the important point.

The new bill hasn't been signed into law yet, so info is uncertain. But it appears that the $7500 tax credit actually will be available for EVs even if they are not built in the US. And there are additional tax credits that may be available depending on circumstances.
  • Federal tax credit for EVs jumps from $7,500 to up to $12,500
    • Keep the $7,500 incentive for new electric cars for 5 years
    • Add an additional $4,500 for EVs assembled in the US using union labor
    • Another $500 for EVs using battery packs with 50% of components (including cells) made in the US
  • Zero-emission vans, SUVs and trucks with MSRPs up to $80,000 qualify (increased from previous policy)
  • Electric sedans priced up to $55,000 MSRP qualify (stays the same)
  • EVs must be made in the US starting in 2027 to qualify for any of the $12,500 credit
  • Eliminates tax credit cap after automakers hit 200,000 EVs sold, making GM and Tesla once again eligible
Here's every electric vehicle that currently qualifies for the US federal tax credit - Electrek

bscarpenter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick. XL Hybrid, 360, manual slider,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
😍 F A N T A S T I C 😍

That should mean that my Hybrid Maverick that is currently being built could be delivered before the end of December as I live in the DFW area of Texas.

In Production - Trim Line.JPG
How did you get that status?