Sponsored

Bayview boy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caravan, Envoy, Focus
Just send me mine....it's already almost 2 months old!
We ordered ours on June 18th. We received our third different build week last Friday. New build week is December 13th.
Sponsored

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Just in from Ford:

"We are excited to announce that the official OK-To-Buy declaration has been achieved for the 22MY Maverick 2.5L Hybrid model and will now begin shipping to our Ford dealers."
This means that the Hybrid Maverick is now sellable (has passed all tests/etc) and can be shipped from factory to dealers/customers/etc.
oh yah! (I'd be more explicitive, but this is a "family forum"). Thanks for letting us know, and please be sure to post when you get any news of shipments starting, or when Ford starts updating the status of the already-builts.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Just from reading these posts I can tell that now everyone seems to thing there order from two weeks ago will now be here next month.
There are probably people like that but on the flipside we have virtually zero information to go off. It is personally really reassuring to hear that the thing can at least be legally sold lol!

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put a order in for the hybrid and was told by the dealership that Ford was not taking anymore orders for the hybrid so did that change and Ford is now taking orders and does the Maverick Hybrid get the 7500 Biden tax that I heard about last week.
Oh Lordy. Last Day for the hybrid to be ordered was November 15th. New orders won’t be tell after May for model year 23.

There are no federal tax credits for hybrid vehicles. The tax credit your referring to is for Electric Vehicles built in the U.S. at union factories. The Maverick is built in Mexico and isn’t an EV.

The news just means Ford can finally sell the hybrid Ford Mavericks that have all been reserved by customers. The entire 22 hybrid model year has been reserved. If someone backs out you might be able to buy one at over msrp

Last edited:

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand that this announcement is essential to the process, but the only thing I know with certainty is that tomorrow I will be one day closer to getting my XLT Hybrid.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wu Hu about time!

Sponsored

skcr3

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid, Mercedes GLK350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put a order in for the hybrid and was told by the dealership that Ford was not taking anymore orders for the hybrid so did that change and Ford is now taking orders and does the Maverick Hybrid get the 7500 Biden tax that I heard about last week.
MY2022 Hybrid Maverick are all sold out. November 15th was the day Ford closed the door on any new hybrid orders coming from dealers. If you order was not completed before that time, it will have to wait till the new MY2023 window opens up to order one.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I won’t believe it till Tim says it’s so
he didn’t confirm the OKTB but he did confirm they are shipping

Not that I'm aware of, no email from Ford yet. I did reach out to the Maverick Brand Manager with a quick reply that confirmed that "process of shipping hybrid units has begun". They are ahead of December timeline.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just in from Ford:

"We are excited to announce that the official OK-To-Buy declaration has been achieved for the 22MY Maverick 2.5L Hybrid model and will now begin shipping to our Ford dealers."
This means that the Hybrid Maverick is now sellable (has passed all tests/etc) and can be shipped from factory to dealers/customers/etc.
Maybe I missed something (it can happen!) but don't some customers already have hybrid models? There are videos of people driving them (not Ford sponsored), so I assumed they were already "for sale". I understand if Ford sold out of them and they are now 'back in stock', so to speak, but this release makes it sound like this is the first time they could be sold.
Ordered mine on Oct 23--Hybrid Lariat.
Sponsored