First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, I actually only know like 3 of the 25-30 sales people we have at the dealer I work at, but I became buddies with a salesman at my sister store that use to sell accessories, he used to be a salesman where I currently work, so I went with him.

I hope to get mine after six months actually, then I can save for a bigger down payment!
Nice! Hopefully you will get your Maverick in 6 months. You'd think that Ford would have scheduling and production worked out after the inaugural production run!

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m always curious how people get these orders at or under invoice, given the current car market. Is it based on finance terms or something? I’m just happy my dealer is charging MSRP.
Not sure how or where people are getting them under invoice but getting them at invoice isn't that hard to do if you order it. If a dealer want's to mark up a pre-order, walk out and go to another dealer. Many dealers now are advertising that they don't go over MSRP because they know that gives them a leg up on the competition. If you are trying to buy off the lot at invoice, good luck!

On a side note, being almost 60 years old now it still is a very crazy thought that buying at MSRP is a good thing. Until now, I have never paid MSRP for any car..... ever. Now we are thankful to only pay MSRP!

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you find that out? Did you call your dealer and ask?
I called ford's 1 800 392 3673 and the lady looked it up.

Sponsored

Richmond Ford

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Not sure how or where people are getting them under invoice but getting them at invoice isn't that hard to do if you order it. If a dealer want's to mark up a pre-order, walk out and go to another dealer. Many dealers now are advertising that they don't go over MSRP because they know that gives them a leg up on the competition. If you are trying to buy off the lot at invoice, good luck!

On a side note, being almost 60 years old now it still is a very crazy thought that buying at MSRP is a good thing. Until now, I have never paid MSRP for any car..... ever. Now we are thankful to only pay MSRP!
Respectfully, you seem to be equating msrp and invoice price. Those are different numbers.

Amjo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less since 9/2021
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I’ve never paid MSRP for a car either, but I’m perfectly willing to now, vs. the alternative - trying to move a year old order to another dealer. Unprecedented times. I’m just happy I have the cash and don’t have to deal with these exorbitant interest rates.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Never paid MSRP either, I am very fortunate that the dealer accepts X-Plan.

brucecorporal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just got my email from the dealer-full load Lariat-ordered may 2022-production scheduled for Nov 28th.......hope i don't jinx myself...

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m stunned and stoked! I placed my 2023 XL 2.0 EB FWD order minutes before my dealer’s close-of-business on the last day of orders for the 2023 EB on 9/21/2022. Priority code 19.

Moments ago, I received my production confirmation email ! My order was last in, but first out!

Is anyone else as lucky?

F7BD5D12-B447-4143-BA7A-61C512EE6019.jpeg
Wait till you get the email with the VIN and window sticker link

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Respectfully, you seem to be equating msrp and invoice price. Those are different numbers.
You're correct. I should have used MSRP through the entire post. I know the difference, just got sloppy. Usually when people say they got something at "invoice" price, they actually mean sticker price/MSRP. That's what I was talking about. If a dealer is selling for less than invoice, he won't be in business long!

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve never paid MSRP for a car either, but I’m perfectly willing to now, vs. the alternative - trying to move a year old order to another dealer. Unprecedented times. I’m just happy I have the cash and don’t have to deal with these exorbitant interest rates.
Same here. I paid cash for the one I got earlier this year and will be paying cash for the one I get this winter. I hate debt and really hate paying interest.

OpieGoneBad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The VIN is in the email for scheduling. The window sticker will come when it goes to production. At least that is how it worked when I got my 22 XL in July. The email I got yesterday has the VIN but when I tried to look at the window sticker, it isn't created yet.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...And then wait until they tell you that your 2022 VIN needs to be cancelled...something that NEVER happens.
Sponsored