First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Washed and waxed my XL over the weekend so Wood County Texas lifted the burn ban. I loaded up my clean XL with brush and hauled it to the community burn pile.

Where is the Maverick?
IMG_0353.JPG

No scratches for my XL
IMG_0358.JPG

The burn pile area is dusty and dirty, so I had to wash the XL again after getting back from unloading. Didn't need waxing, but used Wax & Dry as a drying agent. Sorry no pic after.
No after pic needed. Obvious you take great pride and care for your Maverick, yet have no issues using it for what it was intended.

Quick story: Many years ago, I went for fire wood in my work Mazda PU (a Ford Ranger in disguise). Employee starts to load up the truck by GENTLY placing the wood into the bed. I ask him what's he doing. "I don't want to scratch the bed" (It was already scratched up). I told him, "It's a truck". "It's supposed to get dirty". (From the guy who now has total bed protection on his Maverick, LOL.)
Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No after pic needed. Obvious you take great pride and care for your Maverick, yet have no issues using it for what it was intended.

Quick story: Many years ago, I went for fire wood in my work Mazda PU (a Ford Ranger in disguise). Employee starts to load up the truck by GENTLY placing the wood into the bed. I ask him what's he doing. "I don't want to scratch the bed" (It was already scratched up). I told him, "It's a truck". "It's supposed to get dirty". (From the guy who now has total bed protection on his Maverick, LOL.)
I have a similar story about my nephew. I had a Sonoma ZRX with a spray-in bed-liner and my nephew was going to haul some gravel for the driveway. I told him to put plastic down so he wouldn't scratch up the bed-liner. His incredulous look was priceless. :cool:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the angle on on that tailgate ford should equipped are Mavs with a hydraulic dump box. 🧐
What you see is just the grade of the driveway. It's pretty severe. My tailgate is level with the bed.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What you see is just the grade of the driveway. It's pretty severe. My tailgate is level with the bed.
REALLY?!?!?
First one that I’ve heard of that is on plane (parallel) with the bed!

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a similar story about my nephew. I had a Sonoma ZRX with a spray-in bed-liner and my nephew was going to haul some gravel for the driveway. I told him to put plastic down so he wouldn't scratch up the bed-liner. His incredulous look was priceless. :cool:

Naw, You put the plastic down so when you get to the bottom of the pile, you just pull the plastic out along with the rest of the rock. Work smart, not hard.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
REALLY?!?!?
I didn't put a level on it, but it appears that way. Is that an issue?
Naw, You put the plastic down so when you get to the bottom of the pile, you just pull the plastic out along with the rest of the rock. Work smart, not hard.
Yeah, the protective canvas allows me to remove the brush with one pull.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up some patio pavers neighbor was getting rid of .
Ford Maverick 🙋‍♂️ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20220911_095413

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Picked up some patio pavers neighbor was getting rid of .
20220911_095413.jpg
How many pavers did you haul? Did it affect steering much? Just wondering because I am going to purchase a few and at 22 lbs (nominal) each, I need to know how the Maverick acts on about a 22 mile drive. TIA.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
REALLY?!?!?
Sorry, should have said level...although technically the bed and the tailgate are parallel with the ground (nominally). As a retired engineer, I need to be more careful with my description...what's sad is that I know better.

Thanks for pointing out my misleading statement. Again, sorry.:cool:

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How many pavers did you haul? Did it affect steering much? Just wondering because I am going to purchase a few and at 22 lbs (nominal) each, I need to know how the Maverick acts on about a 22 mile drive. TIA.
About 20 true 12x12 patio blocks and 2 18 x18 patio blocks . what you see in picture is what I hauled . no effect on driveability but only went about 1/2 mile . could not tell they were even there .

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had them all piled on back end of bed since I was only going a short distance . if spread out on entire bed you shouldn't have any problems hauling more of them .

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had them all piled on back end of bed since I was only going a short distance . if spread out on entire bed you shouldn't have any problems hauling more of them .
Thanks for the insight.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sorry, should have said level...although technically the bed and the tailgate are parallel with the ground (nominally). As a retired engineer, I need to be more careful with my description...what's sad is that I know better.

Thanks for pointing out my misleading statement. Again, sorry.:cool:
Wasn’t really pointing out a mis-statement on your part. (In fact, I don’t really think you made one.) I’m just surprised that the cables supporting the gate are of the appropriate length to have the bed and gate parallel. Many another thread on this topic available. Can’t say that I’ve heard of a property installed tailgate yet!
Sponsored