First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to the local garden center and brought home 23 bags of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest potting soil for a new raised bed garden my wife built. Each bag is 1.5 cu. ft. and this is only half of what we need to fill the box.:eek:

IMG_20220516_182135732_HDR.jpg
Half? Guess you'll be needing a second Maverick!
Sponsored

nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Over the weekend I picked up some 4x4s, 2x4s, and concrete blocks for the start of a chicken coop. We have 4 birds in a small coop. We're planning on getting 10 more.

Reactions: Dad

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Delzona

There is a huge thread about them here on the forums if you feel like reading/sifting through all of it. The jist of it though is that the baffles are suppose to help reduce engine noise, wind noise, and engine smells from entering the cab.

My take on it is that they didn't really make a difference but other members swear by it so who knows.๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ The really confusing part is that some trims come with them factory installed and others don't so it's a total guess on whether or not your Mav will come with them.......until you actually get your Mav and can check.

Anyway, here's a link to the thread I mentioned. Enjoy the "lite" reading!:)
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/no-insulation-at-fender-to-engine.11244/
Ok I plowed through all those pages, yes I lost time I'll never get back, and I've come to the conclusion that I'll more than likely have the baffles already installed based on having an XLT hybrid. If for some reason they aren't there it's really a crap shoot as to whether or not it's worth putting them in! :ROFLMAO:

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Shadow Black xlt hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! Yes I went with black/silver.
You can see the shape of the original lettering a little if you don't line it up perfectly, but to be honest I didn't notice this until I was looking for it in response to your question. The silver is raised a little as well, intentionally.
PXL_20220517_133657420~2.jpg
Thanks for the quick reply ! Looks nice ๐Ÿ‘

Sponsored

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been watching this thread for a while and meaning to post. Anyway this wasn't today but I installed my bed cover Saturday

20220514_191216.jpg
Nice ! I have the same one. I still get air under cover. Might have to put a seal around tailgate. But I do like it ๐Ÿ‘

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice ! I have the same one. I still get air under cover. Might have to put a seal around tailgate. But I do like it ๐Ÿ‘
Yea, I've noticed it "flaps" quite a bit but I am going to get the below to add to fill the small gaps between the bed and tailgate. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here, I have the same one and although it is taught, it gets quite a bit of air popping. One a good note, it looks great, and no water gets inside! I will be looking into the tailgate seal as well. Keep us posted if it helps yours. Thanks

Redbird22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea, I've noticed it "flaps" quite a bit but I am going to get the below to add to fill the small gaps between the bed and tailgate. Hopefully that will take care of it.
Yea same ! Gonna grab some also ๐Ÿ‘

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
We went back to the garden center today and got 16 more bags of the Ocean Forrest potting soil. The Mav handled it no problem though just like last time.

Here's a pic of my wonderful wife with her new truck after loading up 16 MORE 1.5 cu. ft. bags into the bed for the veggie garden box.
Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? IMG_20220517_115507068_HDR

And here's a pic of the results of her hard work. It looks absolutely fantastic!
Ford Maverick ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ What did you do TO / WITH your Maverick today? 20220517_144521

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We went back to the garden center today and got 16 more bags of the Ocean Forrest potting soil. The Mav handled it no problem though just like last time.

Here's a pic of my wonderful wife with her new truck after loading up 16 MORE 1.5 cu. ft. bags into the bed for the veggie garden box.
IMG_20220517_115507068_HDR.jpg

And here's a pic of the results of her hard work. It looks absolutely fantastic!
20220517_144521.jpg
That's some serious flowerbeds! Looking good!!

Euby

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I threw together a divider to make a "trunk" for grocery shopping using some wood I had leftover from some other projects. Still needs some paint, maybe some hooks as well.

divider.jpg
I really like that. I'm guessing that is primarily for holding the bags pre-grocery run.

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In addition to holding the totes, including the insulated one for cold stuff, it prevents them from sliding forward. I thought the spray in bedliner would be rougher than it is.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I threw together a divider to make a "trunk" for grocery shopping using some wood I had leftover from some other projects. Still needs some paint, maybe some hooks as well.

divider.jpg
Great looking job and some creative ideas maximizing leftover wood. Thanks for stimulating my mind a bit. :cool:
Sponsored